[Fantasy][Action/Adventure] Heroes of Erhi

Name: A’kiel (Ah-kEy-L)
Race: Aurae and 1/3 Daemon

Appearance:
With a light blue skin tone and hair like the dancing Northern lights in blues and purples she has quite the frostbitten appearance. Her eyes appear blinded, clouded as they are. Her pupil is barely visible, but do not fear, this is simply one of her Daemon traits shining through, just as her height and bluish coloring are. Her hair hangs in a straight curtain down to her waist with the locks pulled back from her temples into a braid that hangs at the small of her back. Her facial features are alien looking, another Daemon trait that shapes her features like that of a deer’s. Elongated and delicate with high cheekbones and an oval shaped face. She is slender as her Aurae heritage calls for, and she stands at 4’6”, closer to a human height than her kinsmen. Due to living in the mountains all her life, she tends to favor heavier clothing, sticking with the blue that suits her so well. Leather armor is hidden under her dark blue linen shift and winter sky colored woolen overdress. A wolf pelt cloak hides her from her the cold and rabbit fur boots protect her feet. A heavy belt made of dark leather hangs around her waist, suspending her coin purse, a small knife for self defense, and a small woven charm decorated with beads that she holds very dear.

Main Skill: Healing. A’kiel is one of the stronger healers in her small village, helping the hunters when they come in after losing a battle with the more predatory of their neighbors. Her grandmother has long taught her in the healing ways, and she has quite the handle on it. Included under these teachings were herb gathering and elixir mixing. She knows well what plants do what, at least within her native land. The sight of blood does not phase her, in fact, it’s more of a call to action than anything. One of her biggest strengths is healing, and she jumps at the chance to show off that skill.

Secondary Skill:
Aeromancy. The control over wind is a power her and her ilk all seem to inherit, at least within her village. Discovered during a snowball fight with the local children during better times, this is a skill A’kiel uses as naturally as breathing. Mainly for defense, though also for whimsy, she is nearly as strong an Aeromancer as a healer, but favors the latter.

Personality: A’kiel appears as somewhat of an airhead, a trait she finds comically accurate when pointed out due to her heritage. Light and kind she is a joy to be around, always ready with a slightly vacant smile and an interesting outlook on anything and everything. She doesn’t think about things the same way as everyone else and often gets herself into little bits of trouble to satiate the enormous amount of curiosity that burns within her. Regarding romantic interests, it is an area she has never considered. Because of this, it will be a new discovery for all involved when and if the occasion arises. As her childhood was a somewhat lonely one due to her looks, A’kiel often had to find her own form of entertainment. Bards that passed through provided a lovely distraction and upon noticing her love for the music and stories, A’kiel’s grandmother taught her what little she knew as well. The young Aurae has a hauntingly beautiful singing voice and can often be found dancing in swirling and graceful steps.

Backstory: Just outside a small village in the Cellaedrine Mountains, Renia Calla encountered the strange man named Veran when she was a young woman. She’d found him while on a hunt one day, laying lazily and contentedly in his perch high in the tree and eating snow berries with an expression of mild distaste. Their eyes met and he greeted her with a smile, commenting on her lovely appearance. Renia was flustered, no one in her village had ever paid her any mind. This was completely new.
Their romance was of the whirlwind variety. With love, excitement, and joy in the air, they didn’t think anything could take them down.
When their daughter Namielle was born, Veran went on a celebratory hunt.
Renia nearly abandoned Namielle when he didn’t return, so grief stricken she was convinced she could never care for the child herself.
Her life went on though, and she could never leave the last thing she had from her lost lover.
Namielle was a quite girl, she grew up swiftly and Renia was woe to realize the young Aurae never once showed any signs of her Daemon parentage.
As Namielle grew up, she sorely felt the absence of her father. The teasing from the other children and looks down the noses of the adults tipped her off and the young girl couldn’t help but wonder. Had her father died? They’d never found a body; the town hadn’t liked him while he was with her mother so no one had looked, but with all the hunting parties they sent out they should have found something. Had she been abandoned?
The hate grew within the young woman until she moved out of the house her and her mother had shared for years and found herself a husband. She wanted nothing to do with her mother’s lost love.
The young and troubled woman found herself an Aurae husband named Peron and together they had a child and named her A’kiel.
A’kiel’s childhood started out pleasant. She was in a loving household, welcomed in the village, she was an adorable child.
Then the changes began.
As she aged, the heritage that had skipped her mother started to come out in the young girl. Her skin paled and took on it’s bluish hue, her hair lost it’s blonde coloring and faded to nearly white, shining with the lights that danced in the sky. Her eyes fogged over and, yet she retained her sight.
Her mother was horrified at her child, clearly of Daemon ancestry, and in her horror, she abandoned her child. Her and her husband fled the village, Namielle too embarrassed by her child to face the ridicule.
The child, merely three years old, was taken into the care of her grandmother. Renia loved the child dearly, the granddaughter she never thought she’d get to know. Now in a loving and accepting household, the young A’kiel Calla grew to be a bright and loving young woman for she learned that in the face of complete kindness no one would question her lineage.
That and they were all too scared to anger one of the better healers in the village.

Last edited:
Name: Erma Hillevi (Hee-LEH-vE)
Race: Dwarf/Fae

Appearance:
Narrowed hazel eyes are set in a face tanned by the flames of the forge and dusted with freckles and dirt. Chapped lips set in a line of displeasure and hiding sharply fanged teeth that could be bared at a moment’s notice. Jaw set stubbornly enough you’d think not even the gods could change her mind and a stubbed nose, clearly broken a time or two. All framed by rust colored locks that reach that stubborn chin and go no further. Littered with the random braid here or there, those russet locks shimmer red in the sunlight. Ears poke out from the tresses, pointed wickedly with the left one sporting a silver bear head hanging from its lobe. The small indulgence is finely tooled, a pricey peace that she wears with pride, displaying the rewards of her conquests. Erma’s build is solid and compact from mining and fighting all her life, but the top of her head only reaches 4’1”. If you mention this to the young brawler just remember that anything that happens is your fault. A scar carves four long marks up the outside of her upper right thigh, causing her to slightly favor the leg from time to time depending on the weather. Her armor is studded leather interwoven with furs, the leather deep brown and fitting her snugly while giving her plenty of room to move and stretch. A simple linen undershirt is worn under the armor and woolen pants are worn under the leg guards and light leather boots. Her weapons are plain enough to see, dual fist weapons of leather and metal, large metal bear claws curving from the fingers and finely showing their regular use in nicks and small flaws. The blades themselves are replaceable, something that Erma herself added into the design so she wouldn’t have to make the gauntlets repeatedly when the blades grew dull. A dark leather belt wraps around her middle, supporting her coin purse and three small throwing daggers that she often checks over for flaws. A large flask filled with unknown liquid also hangs from her belt, calloused hands often finding a resting place on it. Her armor bears the insignia of her mother’s family, a diamond forged arrow head.

Main Skill: Brawler. She’s a fury when fighting, using her short stature and flexibility to her advantage against bigger and slower opponents. Erma can take a hit or two without thinking much of it and her leg only bothers her once in a while, so more often than not she can fight without worrying about it. She’s constantly trying to train herself out of the weakness, the leg bothering her more mentally than it does physically. The brawler is somewhat of an acrobat as well, being able to spring around the battlefield, but much preferring her heavy attacks when she doesn’t have to doge. Arms forged by working as a blacksmith give her a heavy and devastating blow, if the hit lands. She’s an angry drunk too, so the only hindrance she would take from it is an unsteady step here or there. And perhaps a missed blow. But that’s about it. I don’t have a problem, damn it!

Secondary Skill:
Knife Thrower. Erma has made it a point to herself to learn to throw knives. It’s not a bad skill and it would definitely help disarm opponents in battle. She’s managed to pound into her muscle memory how to grab the knives at her waist while fighting and not tear herself up with the metal claws she totes so dangerously. Though there are still scratches on her thighs from the attempts and her throws don’t always hit their marks. She throws left handed, having forced the issue after scratching her scar for the first time when she started teaching herself to throw.

Personality: A stout woman with a foul attitude and a mouth to match, Erma is a force to be reckoned with. She likes her ale and is always asking for a fight, not that she wouldn't win it. She holds a deep seated hate for her height, or lack of, and often enough this is what her fights are started over. The drink probably doesn’t help. She far has the ferocity of her Fae father, with the teeth and ears to match. This trait shines at it’s best when she’s under the influence, or she thinks someone is after her gold. When she’s not fighting or drinking, she is quite the unhappy camper and can most likely be found grumbling to herself in a corner while checking over her weapons. When one of her moods strikes, she mostly responds like an animal. In rumbling growls and bared teeth. The only thing she fears losing more than her money is the bear head earring that hangs from her left ear, the single piece of jewelry an heirloom that she would kill over. She has a deep seated distaste for people, mainly because they’re all too damned happy all the time and none of them respect the art of fighting enough for her to respect them, damn it! This doesn’t mean she hates people per say, just that she would much rather sleep in the woods than it town. Though towns are ok if she’s drunk enough or if they have a competent blacksmith. And she would know if they’re competent! She worked as one since she was eight, damn it! Not to mention she could most likely name ever ore or jewel set in front of her, or name the smith and price of any weapon she comes across.

Backstory: A rustle of fabric and a raised brow meet the request, tongue sweeping dry lips as Erma reels from the request.

“Ya want to know my history?” She askes, incredulity coloring her tone and slight humor curving her lips. She takes a thoughtful swig from her flask, drinking deeply before lowering it with a deep exhale. “Alright then.” She says with a small chuckle, the tips of wickedly sharp teeth peaking out in the razer blade of a smile.

“Mah Da was a Fae, Ma was a Dwarf.” She started, lips pursing in displeasure at the sentence before she shook her head and continued. “No idea how they in their right mind ever thought that would work, but lemme tell you, it didn’t. Well, not really.” She huff another laugh, the drink rising once more to her lips before she gives a side eye with a raised brow and sly grin. “It was a right disaster it was, shoulda heard the neighbors. Always whispering and grumbling..”

She clears her throat.

“’It’s not right, freaks o’ nature they be!’” She mocked in a high voice, clearly holding a certain person in her mind as she spoke.

“Anyway, it wasn’t taken lightly in our corner of Doliash, but Ma and Da didn’t care. Well, Ma didn’t care till Da stopped pulling his weight.” Erma shakes her head then, wry humor coloring her face. “A real pansy that one was, fucking coward. Got scared o’ the neighbors! Can you believe that? Scared!” She lets out a deep guffaw then. Slapping her hand on the counter as she rocked back in her seat, head thrown back in mirth.

“Right cracknob Da was, and Ma was just starting to see it. Still loved him though, can’t really blame her for that. The man has his charms, I’ll admit, but still. Weak as a bloody lamb.” She blows a heavy sigh out her nose, expression settling as she looks down in thought.

“He couldn’t help Ma, so I took over. Man wasn’t built for the mines or the smithy anyways and I enjoyed the work, so why not, right?” She asked, the wry smile back, a little smaller than before. She sat in silence for a moment or two before he lips curled suddenly, her knuckles turning white as she fisted her hand and anger lit her eyes.

“Then they all started saying that shit to my face. Taunting me about my spintry of a father and all the shit those close-minded guttersnipes think o’ the Fae.” She spits, fuming for a minute or two before taking a breath and calming herself.

“So, I punched em.” She nods to herself. “Right in their scummer smeared faces.” She looks over with a searching gaze, lips curling again as she chuckles.

“Oh, come off it, they deserved it more than anything. Rats made fun o’ me height too, and lemme tell you.” She flexes with a pointed look. “I don’t like it when folks talk about my height. I’m tall as Saehaun needed me to be to swing a hammer, and that’s damned good enough if you ask me.” She nods again and goes back to looking off into the distance.

“Found out in the middle o’ the brawl just how much I liked bein there. Kept it up, fought for money while I kept workin at the smithy. Ma didn’t need to worry about Da then, and they’re well off now. So I decided to wander the world, see what else I can do with my claws.” She smiles brightly, taking another sip of her flask and staring into the distance, reminiscing for a while. Suddenly, she turns back, staring with hard eyes and furrowed brows.

“Wait, who’er you again?”

Last edited:
Willow
Looks good! They're both definitely approved!

Kierri
Yup, we only have seven characters and still no responses to the IC thread, so we're definitely still open. So if you're interested, I'd love to have you in the group!

Hi! I'm more than willing to post, but I wasn't sure if you had plans for adding an OOC thread or something. I have a few questions beforehand and I don't want to clutter this thread if you've got something else in mind. That said...

Hi, Willow! Great characters, as always! Nice to have you here!

I was waiting on creating an OOC thread until I got the input on the rest of the group. Speaking of, I may have to go poke them in case they aren't watching this thread anymore. But anyway, yes, the IC thread if open for posts for whoever is ready. You can ask your questions here for the moment if you want. Or, of course, if you don't want to clutter up the thread (which I totally understand), or want to discuss those questions on length, you're always welcome to send me a message, and we can talk them over at our leisure. I can always add them to the Q&A section if it's applicable to the rest of the group.

Back