Favorite Foods - Breakfast Edition

Hana

white moonlight
Most people's mornings would not be complete without a serving of the day's first meal, often served with something hot and enlivening such as coffees and teas, or if not, tall glasses of cold orange juice. Some especially in non-Asian countries love to munch upon breads slathered with butter or jam, or toasted with creamy scrambled eggs seasoned to taste resting on top, and even more who like sizzling and fragrant slices of bacon - something salty to start a day of work. Or are you the type who prefers either sweet or mild cereal and its crunch mixed with milk? Among Asians, rice is usually a staple, no one would feel right to start out without the fluffy white grain served soft yet still steaming along with our viand of choice to eat with.

Everyone has their preferences on how to start their day, with so many items that can be called 'breakfast'. What are your favorites? Scrambled eggs or sunnyside up? Coffee, tea, or orange juice? Or is it just plain water? Share.

I don't think I have a standard go-to breakfast. Really depends on my mood, what I have on hand, and how much time I have. In general though I favor eating large breakfast meals when possible, and then smaller meals through the day. Some favorites of mine though.....

- French Toast (of the savory variety. I don't like sugar in my french toast)
- White rice with diced fried plantains mixed in before topping the whole thing with lightly fried eggs.
- Toast with mashed avacado spread on it (seasoned lightly with salt, pepper, and lemon juice), topped with corned beef hash and fried eggs.
- I have no official name for it, but I slice up potatoes and fry them. I then scramble some raw eggs into a bowel and start shredding up bread into the raw egg and stir it gently until it's all coated in the egg. I then pour the egg/bread mixture in with the potatoes when they're just about done frying until they're done as well. I season the whole concoction at minimum with some salt and pepper, but I also sometimes add paprika or chili powder, or anything else I'm in the mood for. It's pretty versatile.
- Pancakes with sausages
- Fried egg sandwiches (literally just a fried egg and a slice of cheese slapped on some bread). Good if I want something hot, but quick.

I also of course hit up other simpler options if time is of a concern. Cereals, granola, yogurt, etc. If I do that, I try to at least flesh it out with some fresh fruit and get a late morning snack.

As for drinks... I'm generally pretty exclusively a water drinker. But I do delve into teas, just not usually with breakfast. I love orange juice, but it gives me godawful heartburn so I don't drink it very often anymore.

- Toast with mashed avacado spread on it (seasoned lightly with salt, pepper, and lemon juice), topped with corned beef hash and fried eggs.
Oh god, this reminds me of that viral thing with the Australian millionaire and millenials eating avocado on toast. xD This sounds interesting, though. I don't usually see avocado as something other than a dessert fruit to be eaten with condensed milk.

I had actually never had avocado until like a year ago. I like it this way just because it's so simple. I just scoop the guts out, mash it up with the aforementioned seasonings, and spread it on. I haven't done it with JUST avocado and toast though. I think the avocado would be too prominent for me, without the other flavors mixed in.

Can't go wrong with sausage sandwiches. I love those, make them all the time. Or toast with honey, also something I like.

I'm very strikt vhen it comes to food, I eat mostly the same 4 carefuly-balanced healthy meals each day, to keep my protein/carbo intake konsistent (minus suplements, ofc). Brekfast and dinner are the smallest ones, I realy dont like eating much early morning or late evening before sleep, gives me insomnia. Brekfast consists of 2 hard-boiled eggs (never scrambled or fried, hate that), 2 corn-bread turkey+cheese+fresh tomato sandwices, and a 0.5l glass of pineapple or orange juice (preferable pineapple, but that shits expenzive to buy on a evry-day basis, so sometimes I make do vith second-fave). No coffe (vith all the caffeine I get just from using pre-workout boosters, I REALY dont need any more of it in my sistem; plus I hate the taste of coffe), no tea, nothing warm to drink for brekfast. It just dont agree vith me, I generaly avoid warm drinks.

Also nothing sweet, I eat sweet stuff rarely, unless you count protein shakes, those things regularly have a choco or vanilla taste. Asyde from that - very rarely do I eat anithing sweet.

What's Breakfast?

I just eat whatever's I can make or what's leftover from an earlier meal. Pasta, Wings, Pizza, Grilled Cheese, Ravioli etc.)

Most days I go for a piece of fruit, and a high protein high fiber cereal. If I have time, maybe a cup of tea, but I don’t drink it for the caffeine. Meals like eggs or pancakes are saved for the occasional brunch restaurant.

Breakfast is my favorite meal!
~Coffee (more like coffee-flavored cream with a lot of sweetener
~Fried egg
~Creme brulee French toast slathered in butter and syrup
~Grits with a ton of butter (Southern girl all the way)

I am not sure if this dish even has a name, but my girlfriend thought of this breakfast where we cut an avocado in half. After removing the core, we start to steam it. Then we crack an egg at the sockets of the avocado until the eggs are cooked. The avocado becomes so moist and the egg taste like soft-boiled eggs, yum <3 We eat it with toast and bacon at the side, and now we do it every weekend or when we have time ^-^

I have only ever had this breakfast combination once in my life, and I'm glad it's only been the once, because it's good enough to be worth being a treat that you only indulge yourself in once a decade.

Apple. French toast. Bacon. With ice-cream float.

I have only ever had this breakfast combination once in my life, and I'm glad it's only been the once, because it's good enough to be worth being a treat that you only indulge yourself in once a decade.

Apple. French toast. Bacon. With ice-cream float.

Owaaaa, that sounds so sweet! Kinda reminded me when I was studying abroad in Canada, and they gave me a plate with scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon and maple sirup all over O_O ... it was so sweet and salty.

Owaaaa, that sounds so sweet! Kinda reminded me when I was studying abroad in Canada, and they gave me a plate with scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon and maple sirup all over O_O ... it was so sweet and salty.
I have never ever tried maple syrup. I now crave something I've never had, damn you.

I have never ever tried maple syrup. I now crave something I've never had, damn you.
5974e76a4b5a7_workisdone.jpg.5ed694275dfb687e39c4776a779fbd35.jpg

Back