Favourite types of tea?

Imperatus Rex

Semper Imperatus
Consider this either as a get-to-know or a casual discussion. I am a personal fan of coffee and tea, often cycling between them occasionally, and want to know some personal favourites.

One of my personal favourites is Constant Comment tea, notably from the brand Bigelow. It has sweet spice and orange zest, I love it in black or green teas. My other big favourite is chai teas, though Chai White takes the cake in flavour.

If not a fan of teas, perhaps a favourite beverage in general? What latte do you enjoy? Perhaps a coffee blend you enjoy, whatever you find relaxing and helps unwind, really.

Long Island is the type that helps me unwind and relax. I highly recommend it for those who do not enjoy the company of their fine motor skills and want to partake of alcoholic spirits but are indecisive and don't want to pick just one. Aside from that, Bubble Tea is way too good and the fact that it is impossible to get within a 50 mile radius of the nowheresville depresses me enough to drink. [Bringing us back to Exhibit A.]

During lunch in high school I used to get a weird orange flavored teabag in a Styrofoam cup and, after letting it steep in the provided scalding tap water a bit, mix it with the tiny half cup of orange juice from concentrate you could get. It took it down from "oh god my tongue is melting" temperatures to ingestable levels of heat, and masked the bitterness of the tea while cancelling the acidity of the cheap orange juice. I really ought to try doing that again with more quality ingredients. The Somalian food market a few blocks down from my apartment complex brews a mean cup of tea as well, but I don't know any specifics.

Coffee is something I can only ingest as an additive to corn syrup and cream.

Last edited:
Let's see, i am fond of good green teas. And I especially like "Victorian Earl Grey", which is a Simpson &Vail tea.

Coffee, now - a good dark roast!

Except for a good mocha latte, I don't use cream or sugar in any of the above beverages. Serve 'em neat!

Coffee is gross, in all of its many forms. Tea I enjoy though. I don't know if I have a favorite, I range a lot. I usually favor black and green teas though. My foray into white teas was one of disappointment. They all smelled so amazing, but tasted like warm flavorless water. Could be I just haven't tried the right ones though, or maybe the enjoyment of them is supposed to be from the pleasant smells.

I don't like any kind of hot drink, at all. The thought of a hot drink gives me shivers. People have also asked me about having cold tea. That sounds even grosser lol.

But for beverage, my favourite would have to be water, juice or soda. I drink a heck of a lot of water, that's for sure.

Cue Cream's a weirdo comments here ;)

Cold tea can be really good. I like cold teas if they're sweet teas. Some of them are more like a fruity drink.

Gotta say the best tea is- hands down- lemon and ginger.Warm and relaxing and you can drink it without a caffeine buzz,unless thats what you want,then I'll just have a regular old cuppa.

I have recent gotten into loose leaf tea so I can mix and match them. I guess I like to experiment with the effects of different herbal strands. Also the weird mush at the bottom of the cup always reminds me of harry potter and I like to pretend the tea is sending omnious messages from the beyond. >·< For example Ive have learned valerian and chamomile with lemon is a good one that will knock you out if your having a hard time sleeping. When I'm not going mad tea scientist in the kitchen I usually just stick with cheapo black tea as my supply of caffeine through the day.

Oh, re cold beverages: I loathe sweet tea. I do love cold water, ice tea (green or otherwise), seltzer water with a squeeze of lemon or lime. I don't drink sodas - maybe ONE ginger ale or root beer a year when I have a sugar imbalance. I do like grapefruit juice or tomato juice, although I can't have much of the latter, now. I don't drink either much.

When at an Indian restaurant, once in awhile I'll enjoy a mango lassi. I like kombucha, occasionally.

Last edited:
Long Island is the type that helps me unwind and relax. I highly recommend it for those who do not enjoy the company of their fine motor skills and want to partake of alcoholic spirits but are indecisive and don't want to pick just one. Aside from that, Bubble Tea is way too good and the fact that it is impossible to get within a 50 mile radius of the nowheresville depresses me enough to drink. [Bringing us back to Exhibit A.]

During lunch in high school I used to get a weird orange flavored teabag in a Styrofoam cup and, after letting it steep in the provided scalding tap water a bit, mix it with the tiny half cup of orange juice from concentrate you could get. It took it down from "oh god my tongue is melting" temperatures to ingestable levels of heat, and masked the bitterness of the tea while cancelling the acidity of the cheap orange juice. I really ought to try doing that again with more quality ingredients. The Somalian food market a few blocks down from my apartment complex brews a mean cup of tea as well, but I don't know any specifics.

Coffee is something I can only ingest as an additive to corn syrup and cream.
That sounds nice, I usually avoid adding juice to my tea though. Usually juice (especially cranberry) makes it too tart. That is why I like Constant Comment, it has orange zest already in the blend.

Let's see, i am fond of good green teas. And I especially like "Victorian Earl Grey", which is a Simpson &Vail tea.

Coffee, now - a good dark roast!

Except for a good mocha latte, I don't use cream or sugar in any of the above beverages. Serve 'em neat!
I used to drink green tea all the time. Earl greys are really nice too.

I also don't drink coffee anywhere below medium dark. French roast is life.

Cold tea can be really good. I like cold teas if they're sweet teas. Some of them are more like a fruity drink.
As for the white teas, you need a better blend. White tea is popular for it's decreased bitterness, but some like to take advantage of the lack of bitterness. It should have flavor, but I guess you have to steep it a bit longer? Try White Chai tea from Stache, a brand. That is amazing chai, without the bitterness of it's black tea relative. And, the best thing about chai, you aren't mislead by smell. They smell strongly of spices but they taste if them too. I usually don't drink cold teas, or sweet teas. Sweet black tea like hey have here in the south is chokingly sweet.

I don't like any kind of hot drink, at all. The thought of a hot drink gives me shivers. People have also asked me about having cold tea. That sounds even grosser lol.

But for beverage, my favourite would have to be water, juice or soda. I drink a heck of a lot of water, that's for sure.

Cue Cream's a weirdo comments here ;)
Lmao, yeah I sometimes have a craving for ice water or juice. I haven't had much soda lately, really.

Gotta say the best tea is- hands down- lemon and ginger.Warm and relaxing and you can drink it without a caffeine buzz,unless thats what you want,then I'll just have a regular old cuppa.
Fair enough. I tried Ginger tea once, and never have again. It was really strong. But I will keep that in mind, I use green tea to relax.

I have recent gotten into loose leaf tea so I can mix and match them. I guess I like to experiment with the effects of different herbal strands. Also the weird mush at the bottom of the cup always reminds me of harry potter and I like to pretend the tea is sending omnious messages from the beyond. >·< For example Ive have learned valerian and chamomile with lemon is a good one that will knock you out if your having a hard time sleeping. When I'm not going mad tea scientist in the kitchen I usually just stick with cheapo black tea as my supply of caffeine through the day.
That sounds fun, I thought I was getting loose leaves once but my sister never actually bought them apparently...

Oh, re cold beverages: I loathe sweet tea. I do love cold water, ice tea (green or otherwise), seltzer water with a squeeze of lemon or lime. I don't drink sodas - maybe ONE ginger ale or root beer a year when I have a sugar imbalance. I do like grapefruit juice or tomato juice, although I can't have much of the latter, now. I don't drink either much.

When at an Indian restaurant, once in awhile I'll enjoy a mango lassi. I like kombucha, occasionally.
Nice. I like adding seltzer water to juice. It makes it carbonated and not so rich.

My mother sent me a little loose leaf holder that looks like a guy chilling on the side of my cup only to find his head couldn't take the heat and melted downward in a sad droopy malformed blob. I sent it back to her with a single word letter that said murderer. May the tea gods forgive her. Since then though I have found the frequent surprise tea leaf chunks to be uspetting and sometimes life threatening. Tip for those who care do your teeth and throat a favor and let your tea leaves settle.

My mother sent me a little loose leaf holder that looks like a guy chilling on the side of my cup only to find his head couldn't take the heat and melted downward in a sad droopy malformed blob. I sent it back to her with a single word letter that said murderer. May the tea gods forgive her. Since then though I have found the frequent surprise tea leaf chunks to be uspetting and sometimes life threatening. Tip for those who care do your teeth and throat a favor and let your tea leaves settle.
Wow, our tea strainer is a metal one with a chain, and a miniature ceramic tea pot design to hold it from.

Back