Favourite types of tea?

I usually don't drink cold teas, or sweet teas. Sweet black tea like hey have here in the south is chokingly sweet.

I don't like it TOO sweet. Some that I've drank I couldn't even finish because it was like drinking fruit syrup. There's definitely a 'too much' threshold :p

I prefer Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice. Mostly I like the spicy teas. If they have pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, or clove then they must be heavenly. White teas are nice as well. My favorite in a ginger peach by Tea Republic. Teas are meant to be hot and so I really don't like sweet tea. Otherwise I do occasionally drink coffee and I'll take about 4 cups before bed if I think I'll have trouble sleeping. Mystic Monk Caramel coffee is very good and it puts me right to sleep. (Really all coffee does that, but the mystic monks are the best.) No caffeine for me unless you'd like me to sleep. Therefore beverages like pop are generally out of the picture. Sugar is also something I avoid and so juice is not something that I drink at all. Occasionally I'll have some alcoholic Irish Cream in my coffee or cocoa. If it is an especially naughty night I'll go down to the local bar and get an Irish Cream in a chocolate milk shake with a side of fries. Mmmmm. Then of course I drink mostly water. On average I'm too lazy to fix any of those drinks listed but, they are quite enjoyable when I take the time to make them or go to the bar. Hence the drinking habits of Silence stops there.

I don't like it TOO sweet. Some that I've drank I couldn't even finish because it was like drinking fruit syrup. There's definitely a 'too much' threshold :p
Fair enough. I sweeten my tea with a teaspoon of honey, which is plenty for me.

I happen to be drinking tea and thinking about making a tea-related thread as I find this thread. The one I'm current having is chai rooibos from Yogi, one of my favorites. Others I like are pomegranate green and cinnamon berry. My absolute favorite tea is Mayan cocoa spice from Yogi. There's nothing like having it to start my morning. As for coffee, it tastes okay, but I don't give it the time of day because I don't handle caffeine well. I once had half a cup from a cafe and almost passed out for three hours. I like the smell though.

I happen to be drinking tea and thinking about making a tea-related thread as I find this thread. The one I'm current having is chai rooibos from Yogi, one of my favorites. Others I like are pomegranate green and cinnamon berry. My absolute favorite tea is Mayan cocoa spice from Yogi. There's nothing like having it to start my morning. As for coffee, it tastes okay, but I don't give it the time of day because I don't handle caffeine well. I once had half a cup from a cafe and almost passed out for three hours. I like the smell though.
Nice, I usually am not fond of most berry teas. I love berries, but the teas are too tart or sour.

Nice, I usually am not fond of most berry teas. I love berries, but the teas are too tart or sour.

I can't judge because I've had few berry teas, but I feel the cinnamon would dilute the tart and sourness of other berry teas. I don't know if they sell it in your area (its also by Yogi), but unless you hate cinnamon, its worth a try.

I can't judge because I've had few berry teas, but I feel the cinnamon would dilute the tart and sourness of other berry teas. I don't know if they sell it in your area (its also by Yogi), but unless you hate cinnamon, its worth a try.
Cinnamon would cancel a lot out. I would try it some time if I see it. Try Stache chai teas though, especially the white chai. It is amazing

I personally love your classic orange pekoe, however, my grandma was from England and so that's the only tea we drank growing up. I also enjoy earl grey teas or really any tea in steamed milk.

Loose leaf teas are great but can be expensive.

Constant Comment is also my favorite, and what I first thought of when I saw this thread. When mixed with clover honey, it's amazing. I love both coffee and tea.

I so much tea.... 6 tins, and an apple box full of boxes of teas.... I horde tea, it's a problem.

Back