Ame Damnee Gates of Aeternia

Revelree

Heartbreaker
In Oblitus, in Yadressil’s Forest, there is a hidden entrance that leads into a tunnel. This tunnel is interspersed with the glowing stones, and the farther you go into the tunnel, the more of these stones appear. At the bottom of the tunnel, there’s a small stream that gets’s progressively larger the farther along you go. At the end of the tunnel, there is an enormous cave with an underground lake, fed by a small waterfall that comes from another lake in the Faery city. Behind this small waterfall is a hidden tunnel that leads directly to the Faery city.

Aside from this, there are many tunnels that branch off from the cave, though no one is quite sure where they lead. The cave is filled with rocks that glow a soft blue color, both above and under the water. Littered around the lake are the bones of dead adventurers who had perished, leaving behind their equipment some magical in nature. In the lake, there is a large sea dragon named Hallvard, who is meant to protect the entrance, as well as the magical stones found there. Hallvard is serpent-like with no wings or legs; 4 ft. wide and 70 ft. in length, his body takes up most of the lake when he isn’t curled up sleeping on the bottom. If he rears up, his head can easily touch the roof of the cave.

The dragon’s scales are a dirty white color but have reflective qualities that allow him to camouflage himself under the water. Rather than breathing fire, Hallvard can shoot highly pressurized water out of his mouth; enough to rip the flesh right off your bones. This dragon can speak, but only telepathically.

[Credits to OmniversalRper]

Artimeties
Outside The gates of Aeternia

"Meatshield first? Why am I not surprised." Walking with his hands in his pockets he maneuvered past all the stalagmites and into the cave. The structure was far bigger on the inside than the two man originally though the inside to the entrance being as big as a town square the rocks dripping with water and the smell of mildew welcomed Arty as well as some of those glowing blue rocks that illuminated the hall so much so that no torch was needed. ".... Hey get in here and get your rocks off!" He yelled back at the man outside.

@Monster the Vamelfaer

-----------------------------
Gates of Aeternia
Dante
"That is why I brought you along," Dante commented as Artimeties entered the cave. He carefully picked his way after him a few seconds later.

When Dante entered the cave, he was greeted by the awe-inspiring sight. While there weren't too many stones in this area, the ones that were there were enough to illuminate the entire room. Many of them were out of reach, clinging to the roof of the cave, though some were sprouting up from the stone floor. Their combined energy was almost overwhelming. Dante pulled a loose rock off the wall, looking it over before tucking it away as well. That was when he noticed a small stream, leading off into a large tunnel.

"It would be a shame to leave before we've thoroughly investigated this cave," Dante said softly as he started to walk farther into the cave.

Artimeties
The gates of Aeternia

"Well you haven't gotten us killed so this might do it, just tell them I was sexy as fuck when fighting the boss monster." Arty said following after Dante as they begin their journey.

It seemed like they were down there for hours but it had only been 20 minutes, continuing following the stream of water to where it led.The cave became more dense with the stones as they went deeper and deeper in the belly of this beast. Lost in thought as he started telling Dante about the time he was hired to kill a bunch of cultists that worshiped a clown god called honkers. Well, guess my heads clear enough to put together a proper apology to Pricilla and maybe get back at that Drunken scissors running gnome.... And maybe also try to get that sexy as hell Warden I saw at the guild into the sack. Need to get her name first. His head floating with so many ideas of what to do and how to do them he went back on with his story. "The giant one with the red face paint started to throw enchanted popcorn at me... but it was just popcorn and don't get me started on the midget unicyclist that was-" the blinding blue light to the right made him stop in his tracks along with the sound of.... A waterfall?

Gates of Aeternia
Dante
Dante continued along the trail, ignoring Artemeties' ramblings. Every once in a while he would test the walls for loose stones, collecting whichever ones were easiest to remove. When he heard the sound of the waterfall, he slowed his pace.

"That must be the source." Dante headed toward the intense, blue glow, like a moth to a flame.

Artimeties
The gates of Aeternia

Poked his head out to see if all was clear, what he saw was almost jaw-droppingly beautiful. It was a massive underground lake! The stones were numerous both on the very top of the ceiling, under the crystal like water, and even on the walls and ground was the same esoteric blue light. The waterfall feeding into the lake it sparked and looked really good to drink from... But in the Waterfall Arty could almost see what looked like another passageway. That looked as if it had been made by mortal hands.

Walking around the cave Arty stepped on something making a loud cracking noise, looking down at the object.... It was a skull. In an almost feminine voice, Arty screamed. "Eeeeek! A nasty skull!!....... EEEEEEEE" squealing in excitement he noticed that the bones had some loot, very old and useful loot by the looks of it. Artimeties felt like a kid in a candy store he loved getting loot on a job, it was like an extra bonus for being a good boy.

He started rummaging through the gear. "So many toys." He said in a hypnotic tone. "which one should I take? hmmm. How about..." Not wanting to spoil himself too much Arty decided to get only 4 things from the pile. What caught his eye were two emerald long daggers with golden hilts that seemed to glow a faint green light, a crimson ring with a string attached to it, and a Bottle of Red maiden his favorite wine! "Hohoho! Hey, Dante don't you want some of this loot?" Little did the two know a mass under the water was starting to move sending a small ripple through the middle of the lake.

Gates of Aeternia
Dante
At first, Dante was entranced by the luminescent stones surrounding the cave, but he was torn away when Artimeties screamed like a child. He looked down at the ground to see skeletons littering the cave, their bones glistening unnaturally in the blue light. Dante took a tentative step back.

Meanwhile, the lake rippled further, the water moving in such a way that it looked like whatever was hidden under its surface was headed straight for Artimeties. Suddenly, a voice cut into their thoughts, echoing strangely in their minds. "Who dares disturb my slumber?"

In the lake behind Artimeties, a scaly head appeared out of the water, followed by a long neck until it towered above its victim. With water showering down on the stone below, its serpent-like tongue flickered out of its mouth with a faint hiss.

Dante was startled at the sound of the voice in his head, and he glanced at Artimeties, unsure if he had heard it as well. His eyes were torn away when he saw the dragon rise from the water. His eyes widened for a moment before he quietly said, "Ah..."

Artimeties
The gates of Aeternia

The Dragons head quickly turned to Dante seeming to glare at him, the voice echoed again. "I see that there are two fools who have come to my abode." Arty just stared at the dragon his mask hiding his expression. Quickly glancing back to Dante. "Dante. Don't be alarmed but I think there is a dragon in this cave."

The white scaly head quickly turned back to Artimeties its eyes still glaring. "Using humor to mask your fear. Quaint." It's serpentine body become more visible as if to show off what exactly they were up against if any transaction were to occur. "The voices are back! My last therapist committed suicide." thinking. "Hey, Dante you know a good therapist?"

Gates of Aeternia
Dante
"Perhaps we should go now," Dante said, starting to back out of the cave. The dragon turned to face Dante, its body coiling up behind it, as if preparing to strike.

"Do you have the audacity to think that I would simply let you wander away as easily as you came?" The dragon's tongue flickered out of its mouth again as it began to lean forward. "I will grant you the oppurtunity to explain yourselves before I strip the flesh from your bones. Tell me, what are your names?"

"How thoughtful of you," Dante muttered to himself. "I am Dante Aureus, and this is Artimeties." He gestured to his companion. "And we would appreciate it if you didn't strip the flesh from our bones."

"That depends upon your intentions," the dragon responded. "If you are not here to cause harm, perhaps I will only consume you."

Artimeties
The gates of Aeternia

Holding the two daggers he just found in each hand Arty slowly and carefully walked over next to Dante. "Well we were on vacation and we thought this would be a wonderful way to leave the kids at home you know how-" Was cut off from by highly pressurized stream of water that struck the wall next to Arty. The Dragon's voice echoed again. "Answer me with seriousness or I will not be so charitable next time." the wall next to Arty was completely destroyed a large hole with water running out of it.

"We were collecting those stupid rocks!" Arty said clearly scared. The Dragon eased it's expression a little, it was still terrifying but it seemed to calm down a little though the sight of it rearing up made both men on edge holy shit! Its head is scratching the ceiling! As it reached its maximum height it started to rear down. "What do you know of these stones?" Arty couldn't shut his mouth. "Well, maybe we'll be inclined to talk if we knew who the judge is." From a brief moment, the Dragon was silent until the voice came back, full of pride and dignity. "I am the great Guardian of the stones and the Gates of Aeternia, I have defended for many years, I am the illustrious Hallvard!" stick his head high as the two men stared at the Dragon. "Ok. So Hal what's Aeternia?" Arty inquired.

Gates of Aeternia
Dante
The dragon pulled his head back, almost as if he was offended. "What's Aeternia?! Only the magnificent city of the lost ones; crafted from the ruin of their former glory, risen like phoenix from the ashes. Such a city requires the strongest of guardians, and I am the only one suited to such a glorious purpose."

Dante stuck out his hand to Artimeties, as if to prevent him from saying anything else for now, and took a step forward. "You said you were protecting these rocks. Why? What abilities do they possess?"

Hallvard lowered his head again, almost directly in front of Dante. "You search for the stones, yet you do not know why. How amusing." He drew back his head again, and a quiet rumbling could be heard coming from his throat. "Enough questions. I think I have learned quite enough. Thieves and rabble-rousers will not be tolerated in my presence."

Artimeties
The gates of Aeternia

"Where more like bounty hunters and a hoarder. Come on Hal can't you just overlook this?" The Dragons attention was drawn to Artimeties the rumbling getting louder. "You seem to be the first to perish to my might!" A stream of water exploded out of the Dragons mouth. Arty pushed Dante out of the way and jumped backward and started to run backward's as the water followed him. "I Guess that's a no?!" The water cannon stopped as Hallvard lunged back and then with surprising speed lunged at Arty like a snake.

Jumping up dodging the maw of the beast Arty soon was running on Hallvard's back it was slippery and smooth. "woh! Woh! Woh!" he grabbed onto the few scales he could. "You dare lay your filthy hands on me!? Your deaths will not be painless!!" rearing up and started to shake like a rabid dog trying to get Arty off. Hallvards tail was still blocking the only escape but he was distracted by Artimeties.

Dante - Gates of Aeternia
Dante fell on the ground after Artimeties pushed him again. He was starting to get real tired of that. As Dante got to his feet and brushed himself off he called to Artimeties, "I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop doing that."

With that, the elf's eyes began to glow gold as he drew power from the stones overhead. "I would have preferred to test this in a different environment, but I suppose now will have to do," he said calmly as a bow materialized in his hand. The light in the cave dimmed as it was filtered into Dante's bow, which was glowing a bright blue. In a flash of light, an arrow streaked through the air and struck Hallvard. Ordinarily, the dragon's tough scales would have simply deflected it, but this was no ordinary arrow. It burned straight through the scales and hit the soft flesh beneath. The dragon let out a screech of pain as he reared back powerfully, flinging Artimeties from his back. "How dare you use the stones against me!" the voice roared in their heads.

Hallvard twisted around to face Dante, sending a stream of water in his direction. Just before it reached him, there was a blinding flash of light that filled the cave. The dragon screeched again as the light burned his eyes. When the light died down, Dante was standing in a pool of water, a blue forcefield surrounding him. The forcefield disintigrated as Dante blinked the spots from his eyes. "Well now you've gotten my clothes all wet," he said simply.

Artimeties
The gates of Aeternia

Hallvard growled at the man that just dared to ruin his scales. "You think even with the power of the stones you will best me? You truly do not know your situation, do you?! I am the great gurdian of-" Was cut off when Arty throwing on of the emerald daggers into the soft spot Dante made with his arrow. Hallvard made a screech of pain that reverberated off the walls of the cave.

"You really talk too much Hal. Then again if we didn't come here all you have to talk to are these skulls." Holding up a moss-covered skull, like a puppet manipulating the mouth with his fingers. 'Oi Hal! Ooo buddy, maybe ye' should le these whippersnappers go don't yeah know?' Hallvard just stood they're looking at Artimeties with an expressionless face.... That lasted only 3 seconds until a louder then thunder yell sounded in both the men's head. "I AM HALLVARD! NOT HAL!!!!!" Holding his head as if he was suffering intense vertigo, Arty just responded with another quip. "C-C-Come on, listen to skully he's been your friend since child-" The dragon lunged at Arty with a maw full of water no doubt wanting to flay the skin off at close range.

Artimeties looked at the Emerald dagger in his hand and the on in Hallvard's side, they both seemed magical if the glow when Arty threw one could tell anything so what did they do? Having literally a second to figure it out Arty suddenly disappeared into a green cloud of smoke and appeared where he had thrown the dagger, dodging the Dragons attack completely. Taking the dagger out of the dragon's flesh it was covered in blood but the blood was slowly dripped off. "These things are fucking awesome!" Throwing a dagger near the bone pile and appearing there. "One more and I'll be satisfied..... Guess I'll take this. Not my style but I could sell it for a high price."A Rapier with a long white golden blade ending with a silver tip, the knuckle guard being a serpent-like dragon with its wings as the guards, The pommel is a long sharp point the dragon's tail. Not his style so he put it into his portal. "Hey, Dante! I think we should let Hallvard let out some steam!"

Last edited:
Dante held up his bow again, rapid-firing the deadly arrows. Three of them struck Hallvard, while the fourth went streaking past his face as the dragon managed to dodge it. That arrow burned a hole straight through one of the stone walls. Hallvard reared up once more, tired of being stuck like a pin cushion and taunted by the puny creatures. He swung his massive body out of the water, his coils shifting across the stone at lightning speed. Sweeping his tail, he aimed to knock the pair off their feet as they stood on the now-slick stones.

Dante took the impact full-force as his body was plunged into the freezing lake. A few seconds passed before he surfaced again, coughing up water.

Artimeties
Gates of Aeternia

The tail sweeping at both men. managing to knock Dante into the lake that didn't look all too warm, while Arty was sent flying into the stone wall leaving an indent. Luckily his black suit absorbed most of the impact only a few broken ribs and coughing up a little bit of blood in his mask... Ewwww. Hallvard had his eyes fixed on Dante considering the man his one true threat. "You come into my cave, searching for the mystic stones not even knowing their true purpose or effects." Serpent like body begins to coil again shifting the water at a high speed. " The World seems to have had a surplus of fools in the last hundred years. My serious today is not only to my guardianship but to the world, since a fool has no place." The dragon kicked up some waves at least 10 feet high and aimed them at the two as he disappeared back into the water.

Dante's eyes widened when he saw the wall of water headed toward them and he scrambled to get out of the lake and over to Artimeties before it hit. As the water came crashing down, Dante reached Artimeties and crouched to the ground. There was another blinding flash of light.

A large forcefield encircled the two, the water pounding against it with torrential force. Dante gritted his teeth as he struggled to hold it. Ordinarily his shield wouldn't have held up against so much pressure, but somehow this one did. He didn't notice the blood that started to trickle down his face.

As the water finally stopped, the shield dropped. "We need to get out of here," Dante said urgently. "Can you walk?"

Artimeties
Gates of Aeternia

"I can. I can also sing if you want me to." Arty joked but he agreed with Dante they needed to get the hell out of here if only they could teleport past his tail blocking the...... Teleport. Looking at his new daggers with a knowing look, though Dante could not see due to the mask. "I actually might have an idea that's not too crazy! I can use these new daggers to pop us behind his tail, just need an opening so you might have to distract him until there is one." He spun the daggers as he faced the only exit with the tail blocking it. "Think you can do that?"

Before Dante could answer, the lake started rippling again as Hallvard started to work up another wave. "It seems I don't have much of a choice in the matter," Dante replied grimly. He took a step away from Artimeties and drew his bow again, focusing on the water until he found the source of the waves. He let an arrow fly; it cut through the water like a knife, unaffected by drag like a normal arrow would have been. It must have hit its mark, because a few seconds later Hallvard breached the water. He let out another screech that made the cave rumble, and a nearby stalactite fell from the ceiling with a crash.

"You have taunted me for the last time!" Hallvard sprayed water in their direction, as Dante sprinted away from Artimeties.

Artimeties
Gates of Aeternia

Dodging the sprayed water with a backflip, landing on the wall of the cave Arty started to run across the surface towards Hallvard's tail, the dragon seeming to be distracted by Dante constantly shooting the arrows at him. "Even if you manage to harm me, I will not submit to my wounds! I have a duty and pride to uphold and messly cockroaches like you will not defeat my might!" Starting to twist and turn with increasing speeds the waters shooting up and twisting as he did. No doubt planning another wave, this time it would be bigger if the speed of his body moving could indicate.

He was twisting and turning so much that his tail that was blocking the exit suddenly moved just a bit to show some light. Artimeties had only one shot at this! His pulse pounding as he increased his speed running on the walls towards their only means of escape, years of training and hunting starting to take effect as he threw one of the daggers. Time seemed to slow down, as the green blade was flying through the air, holding his breath as he sees the tail start to move back into place. Come on! Come on! The dagger slipped past his tail and embedded itself in the rock outside the cave. "FUCK YEA!!!" Arty said in excitement his voice echoing through the cave gaining the Dragons attention again, his scaly head slowly turned to Arty who was just 10 meters away from Dante. "Hey, Hal." waving at the dragon in a friendly manner.

Back