Ame Damnee Gates of Aeternia

Dante - Gates of Aeternia
Dante released one last arrow as he dashed over to Artimeties. "Maybe you shouldn't taunt him," he suggested casually as he stopped beside him.

As Hallvard finally seemed to realize he had been tricked there was a loud hissing sound. He swept his coils again, hoping to stop them before Artimeties could activate the dagger.

@OmniversalRPer

Artimeties
The gates of Aeternia

Blew a kiss at Hallvard as he grabbed Dante by the hand. "Tooooddles." With a green puff of smoke and some discharge of electricity with the same color, they appeared outside just 10 feet away from the entrance. "Well that was suicidal and some of my ribs are broken from getting tail. All and all, good adventure." Gives the thumbs up at Dante. Though the churning of water and a roar that resounded throughout the cave made both men slowly look back at the entrance.

Hallvard was slithering his way out of the water like a snake his eyes glowing with pure wrath at the two who had made a fool of him. "Your only escape will be through the grave!!" Artimeties and Dante started to run like they had a bad case of the craps. "Dante! I think Hal might be mad at us." Another ear-splitting roar and telepathic yell. "MY NAME IS HALLVARD!!!" Water started to erupt from his maw as he slithered after the two.

Hallvard may have been stuck in a cave for hundreds of years, but it could not be said that the dragon had gotten slow. His body easily slipped right into the tunnel after the pair of miscreants, and he was quickly gaining on them. Dante hadn't run this fast in about twenty years. Actually, scratch that, Dante hadn't run in twenty years. His body was not thanking him for it, as his breath was becoming harder and harder to find. There's no way we'll be able to outrun him. Unless... Dante glanced up. The stalactites.

Hallvard wasn't far away from them now, though he didn't spray anymore water at them. No, he wanted the satisfaction of sinking his teeth into them himself. His eyes gleamed as his victory seemed near. "You fools, thinking you can defeat me in my own domain! I have destroyed far more formidable foes than you without so much as a scratch. You were dead from the moment you set foot in the entrance."

Dante suddenly skidded to a stop, his shoes kicking up little pebbles. The elf turned to face the dragon head on, his bow raised, an arrow pulled back to his cheek. The glowing stones that still surrounded them dimmed. He waited. Hallvard had almost reached them; his mouth had begun to stretch wide in anticipation of his next meal. Still, Dante waited. The dragon was only about ten feet away; Dante could see the gleam of his razor sharp fangs. Just then, the elf angled his bow toward the ceiling and released the arrow, watching as it pierced straight through a stalactite overhead. There was a loud crack as it broke free and fell. Straight onto the dragon's head.

The dragon's scales were too tough to be pierced through by the stalactite, but it was heavy enough to force his skull to the ground. Hallvard had fallen unconscious. The bow disappeared from Dante's trembling hands as the adrenaline still coursed through his veins. As the glow from stones returned to its former glory, he saw something red drop onto his hand. Dante reached up to touch his face, only to pull it away and see blood. A nosebleed?

Artimeties
The gates of Aeternia

Just as he was going to grab a special vial of explosives, a stalactite was dropped on top the dragons head, knocking the prideful reptile out. Seeing that the Dragon was unconscious and clearly out for the count. Artimeties approached. "Hal? Hal?" poking the dragon with his green daggers that he had now dubbed, Emerald dreams, Becuase they were a dream come true. "Hey..... Say nothing if I can take a few scales...... Thanks, best buddy!" Taking a few of his glittering scales from under his neck. Maybe I can make a neckless for Priscilla and Dot. The adventure had been the best one yet in the last week. "Alrighty. Now we must.... Dante? Are you feeling ok?" His worry was evident as he rushed over to inspect the blood coming from his nose. He could have hit his head and suffered internally damaged.

Dante shook his head. "I'm sure it's nothing," he reassured as he pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket to stop the blood. Seeing Artimeties collect a few of the scales inspired him to take one for himself as well. He didn't have any of those in his collection; it'd make a fine addition. As he examined the scale he added, "since we shouldn't have to worry about the dragon for now, we should try to collect as many of the stones as we can. It's unlikely that we'll find ourselves back here again."

At least not without a small army... he added silently to himself. There were definitely more things to learn here, and Dante had no intention of simply letting this treasure go to waste. The dragon had also mentioned something about Aeternia. He wasn't sure what that was, but it sounded important. The real question was... Should they tell Minerva about their findings? He packed away the dragon scale before moving to pull more of the stones out of the wall, mulling the question over in his mind.

Artimeties
The gates of Aeternia, Tunnel

Still not convince but knew that the man was a stubborn one so best to let it go. "Maybe we should pocket some on the way out. Unless you want to be around Hal here when he's awake." pointing both fingers at the comatose dragon, Arty might have been crazy and maybe even suicidally stupid at points. But he knew when it was best to play it safe and not push your luck. "I'll follow. You lead." Pulling out his now sparking Daggers in a defensive manner his back to Dante and his front towards the dragon.

Cenarius
Outside the Gates.

Landing with his wings outstretched and kicking up some dust that clouded his form, Cenarius quickly changed back from a Griffin to a Daemon boy with a right arm made of wood. Following the trail of blood to a spooky looking cave with a light-blue glow. he had not explored this cave before, though by the looks of it if he went on in, the boy might not be too happy with what he see's. Maybe there is a monster inside! Maybe it is the door to the under-realms! Or maybe it held the secrets to the universe and maybe beyond! His young mind brimming with excitement over the endless possibilities of this unknown he threw caution to the wind, like he always does and rushed inside with the biggest grin his young face could manage. "Onwards to unknown excitement!"

Back