George Floyd's Death and Police Injustice

SacredWarrior

Umbra Witch
As most people (in America at least) probably already know, there have been protests, riots, and looting due to the unfortunate and tragic death of George Floyd (I hope the disgusting pig that killed him gets thrown in jail for a LONG TIME) which has opened up another discussion: police brutality, racism, how minorities are treated in the justice system, and BlackLivesMatter. These videos sum up how I feel about BLM and police brutality. TL;DR basically.

Police brutality is a very serious issue that's been plaguing America for decades although it has become much easier to document and expose it thanks to the wonders of technology. While literally anyone can be the victim of police brutality, the facts still remain true that the judicial system of the U.S. is heavily built against minorities in general which makes police brutality extremely prevalent and more likely to occur against minorities in general. The issue goes much deeper than just racism and police.

As for BLM, I will definitely give them props for bringing up serious issues that disproportionately affect blacks and fighting for solutions to help them but I can't say I stand 100% with them. Because some of the people within the movement only care about certain black lives instead of all of them like they should. I won't go into detail (unless you ask) but as a black woman myself, I've definitely seen how divisive and shitty black people can be against each other. Either ALL black lives matter or NO black lives matter.

I hope everyone stays safe during this time and remember: your life matters and you must defend your freedoms and rights at all costs.

Just defund the police and start over. They're so comically corrupt that the only solution is taking away all of their toys and paycheques and reinvesting them into superior, multifaceted solutions. (Eg: Take some of that funding and put it into mental healthcare and hand over responsibility for responding to mental health emergencies from the cops to mental health professionals.)

Back