Good morning

D

Duaneski

Hiya,

I don't actually know what a RP site is yet. I have an idea, but it's a new concept, at least.

My good friend from a turn based strategy game (Uniwar) referred me to a RP he is participating in here, and reading it over I had an idea for a character, and now here I am.

I've always had an interest in writing but have recently felt like I've been more capable of bringing my ideas to life. I enjoyed reading Dragonlance novels in the past, and have played D&D and the steam punk table top war game WarMachines. Fantasy has been fun and interesting as long as I can remember.

I'm a 31 year old father of two now, and my biggest concern with signing up for a RP (without knowing what it really means) is: what is the time commitment?

Anyway, I'm certainly curious about this fanciful new world I've wandered into. Thank you guys for having me.

Welcome, Duaneski! We're excited to have you! It sounds like your friend can help you with some of the basics and finding your first RP, but don't hesitate to ask if you need any help with anything. Our users are friendly and willing to help.

As for time commitment, it's really a person-by-person thing. Some players are looking for partners that will post daily, others post a few times a month themselves. The best advice I can think of is to be really direct and honest about how much time you want to use for RPing and the other players will know what to expect from you.

Welcome again, to the Circle! We hope you enjoy your time here. :3

The best way I can describe a forum RP (what this RP site focuses on) is that it's like you're writing a book, but instead of writing the entire story by yourself you find one or more others to write it with you, responding to and working off one another's entries to create an interactive story.

As for time commitments? A lot of people have varying times or availability, just make sure you state what times you're (generally) free for when you start looking for an RP and you should be able to find people whose that's ok with. :)

Back