Departing Goodbye

D

Dasyra

Hi. I'm just a simple writer and roleplayer looking to expand my horizons for somewhere new hopefully I can get settled in here. You can call me Dasyra. This is not my first dive into the world of roleplay I have fifteen years under my belt with a couple of breaks in between. I'm more of a 1x1 player as it gives me time to get to know my partner and so on.

About genres, I have my favorites. Fantasy, Medieval, Science Fiction, Modern, Modern Fantasy. Although I can get down with the romance if everything is right I rather the plot not revolve around it and have it build up instead of rushing to it a couple posts in. I can't say what I'm in the mood for currently but I suppose some plotting will clear that up. Anyway, it was nice to meet you maybe we will see each other around.

Good to meet you Dasyra. Be sure to read the new member guide if you haven't already. It provides several helpful hints for navigating STC and for getting your account approved. Getting account approval isn't nearly as intimidating as it sounds and it is actually quite easy. Additionally, there are quite a few 1x1 players on STC. You sound like you have a great range of interests too. I think we might have room for another writer.....if I look around long enough........Oh right we're all square pegs. You'll fit in just fine. Give me a yell if you need anything, have any questions, or would just like to chat.

I didn't want to ask any questions because well I just didn't but I really was eager to get started on here however it doesn't seem like my account has reached approval yet. I understand it is a process and who ever may be in charge of it might not be online as real life comes first I just can't help but feel discouraged.
With that said, I will be taking my leave from the site indefinitely. It's just not for me. Thank you for your time. Goodbye

Sorry to see you go. Asking questions is not a bad thing and I'm sorry you didn't reach out to someone.

What Silence said. We here at STC are happy to help you through the approval process, but we can't really do anything if you don't reach out to us. Either way, I'm sorry to see you go, and I wish you the best wherever you end up.

I'm sorry but I was trying to follow the rules put in place to be patient, to wait to see if my account would be approved. I felt like if I did ask it woould be a bother that is why I wanted to wait to see after I put up messages. No offense but even in the approval process rules it says asking an admin to be approved won't get you approved.

Why should I have to reach out when I am only following the system you put in place and the fact it feels like you guys are giving me a hard time for not doing so is a whole different story in itself. I made my introduction, posted non spamming items, and I still wasn't approved after nearly a week and I understood who ever is in charge may not be around due to real life but honestly to turn it around to make it seem like well I should have reached out when I'm following a system you all set up is messed up however it's fine. What's another member to join and help contribute to the site? I don't like saying anything like this and hadn't planned on it until I read your messages, just made me feel in a way.

I'm not an admin, I'm just a warden. Answering questions and helping out is what I do. I meant it when I said you could ask me for help, or if you had questions. Additionally, I looked at your profile and it appears that you were posting in the Main Lobby and they were thoughtful posts. However, it would have been helpful for you to ask about that. There were other areas you could have posted to as well and variety helps. Additionally, it is important to say something if you feel that you've followed the process and you're not approved because I will check it out. If it appears that you should have been approved, but for whatever reason your account did not get flagged when it should have, I can bother the administrator and ask if there is a reason. Sometimes there is a glitch and we want to fix those right away and other times there is a small deficiency and that is easily remedied. I will repeat Yun Lee's thought. If you don't reach out, we can't help you. For your information, whenever there is a new post in this section I get a notification and I read every single message in this board. Even a question in this thread would have been enough.

I understand and appreciate that you were following the rules, but do understand our goal here is not to blame you for anything. We were completely unaware that there was even a problem until you posted here that you were leaving. Yes, asking an admin won't get you approved, but it will clue us in to our flagging system having an issue. There actually have been a few people over in the Help Desk area who've asked about it, and you can see there are multiple reasons as to why someone hadn't been approved yet.

Us here at STC want to help you out. We do! You're not a bother for asking about your approval status or anything like that, and we do want people to be able to get approved and roleplay as soon as possible.

Back