New User Greetings, Ladies and Gentlemen.

MiniMage

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen!

I came across this through a member on another site. While I've hung out in a Warcraft 3 modding community for several years now, I started getting gradually more and more fascinated by writing. So I started a project called "Tilt Shift Blacksmith". It's a web novel that is currently 17 chapters long, with each chapter being three to four pages long. I've had a lot of fun to develop it and make it grow, despite still only being in the introduction arc. The genres of the story is "Science Fiction/Fantasy/Mystery"

The sad thing about a modeling community is either the lacking ability or the lacking interest to read books, particularly if the English is a tad advanced. I've had about 70 people read it so far, although the shadow number is probably larger, as they also link their friends. The sad thing is that while they enjoy my work and find it entertaining, I never really get any decent critiques. One notable example of one in the previous community stated

"I don't like the first sentence, I'm not gonna read any more of it now."

I'm not sure if you guys would be interested to read it, but at least, you share my hobby of writing. Which is a great start and all. I'm not sure how active this community is though.

Hello everyone.

Welcome to STC! You can post excerpts from your web novel in the creative writing forum and maybe see if you can get some more constructive criticism.

At any rate, welcome to our humble abode. If there's any kind of assistance you need, feel free to reach out to me. And welcome, once again. :>

Well, the story is written in google documents. So wouldn't it be easier to just link that? Also, thanks for the warm welcome.

Well, the story is written in google documents. So wouldn't it be easier to just link that? Also, thanks for the warm welcome.

Ahh, well, you could. But, if I recall correctly, you have to post around a bit before you can start sharing links. It's up to you, but just a suggestion, if you wanted to post a couple paragraphs and see if anyone is interested in reading the full length thing, and then you could send them the link to the google doc. :>

and you're absolutely welcome.

Is it a set post count or a sort of timed trial period? I would assume this is an adbot filter of sorts.

I think in order to share links it's three, but as to the entire approval process there's no set number. General activity is good, activity with well thought responses vs. Spamming in order to be approved is better.

Activity in the community forums flags the user for the admins to review. They then personally review the content before making the approval determination.

Back