New User Greetings.

Lady Spriggan

Wow, it's been a while since I've had to post my own introductory thread. Pressure! I'm not really sure what to say. I'm hear for roleplaying obviously. I really really like to read. I will read almost literally anything that comes into my hands(excluding purely romance novels-yuck). Some of my favourite books include; ASOIAF series, Harry Potter, Beautiful Creatures, Almost all the Stephen King books(excluding Carrie and Lisey's story, The Hobbit, The Heralds of Valedemar Series by Mercedes Lackey, The Dark is Rising, Divergent, Hunger Games, The Uglies Series, Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath....and wow I'm starting to go off into a really long list so I'll stop. I also like cross stitch, sewing, my dogs, and colouring books for adults(I very recently got an ASOIAF colouring book that I love).
I also like anime/manga. My favourite series is Chibi Vampire.
Now, I don't know what else to type.

Hey, Spriggan! Welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

I'm aware of some of the books you have listed off. I'm a fan of Harry Potter (and so is my mom and my grandma, so it runs in the family), Stephen King, The Hunger Games, and some other novels like Gatsby.

I haven't read some of the other books in your list but I'll totally check them out!

I'm actually aware of Beautiful Creatures through roleplay! In a crossover roleplay I read that's connected to a roleplay happening on this site, someone portrayed Ryan and Reece Duchannes from that book series, so that's pretty cool.​

Awesome. Hi fellow Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Stephen King nerd. I don't think I've ever read Gatsby. Might add to be my to read list. I seem to have missed most of the classics...although I've gotten considerably more interested in them as a result.

That's actually awesome that Beautiful Creatures got mentioned in a roleplay. It's not one I've seen in roleplay too often.

Hey Spriggan, welcome to STC! Hope you enjoy what you read here and have some fun getting back into role playing.

I've read a great amount of the books you've listed, and unfortunately Inkheart and it's sequels always elude my memory until someone brings them up but I loved the series. What kind of role-plays are you hoping to get into here?

Fandom works well in the convergence series forums, so definitely take a look over there ^^ You'll find the rest scattered through out. Sci-fi is great in the Nexus forums and hols a lot of freedom there.

I'll definitely check out the convergence series forums. Not sure if I was to jump straight into Sci-fi right away though. My only experience with sci-fi has been like the Dark Tower Series, and Doctor Who. I'm not really sure if i'm ready to start writing it yet.

Ooooh! That Ryan and Reece stuff I was telling you about was from an old Convergence roleplay! You should totally check it out!​

Thanks very much for the tips guys.

Also I'd very much like to say that this looks like a very organized forum. Like very nice sub-categories and stuff and proper OOC places and character threads. So easy to navigate.

Hello I have been outside of roleplaying for A while(fatherhood takes up a lot of time) I am looking to get back in to my favorite pasttime. I do not have much experience playing official systems but I am A quick learner. For me roleplaying my character accurately I the funnest part of the experience, I favor deep characters rather than ones that break the game and am always happy to work with my DM on story elements. I play mostly fantasy and sci-fi but will also play modern if it's good.

Hello I have been outside of roleplaying for A while(fatherhood takes up a lot of time) I am looking to get back in to my favorite pasttime. I do not have much experience playing official systems but I am A quick learner. For me roleplaying my character accurately I the funnest part of the experience, I favor deep characters rather than ones that break the game and am always happy to work with my DM on story elements. I play mostly fantasy and sci-fi but will also play modern if it's good.

why is this on someone else’s thread, make your own

Welcome! Always pleased to have new people!
I love coloring, it's my favorite pass time! I'm so happy to hear that someone else does too (my husband teases me for it 24/7)
What's your favorite pattern?​

The top two are from a colouring book called Mythomorphia
The bottom one is Sansa from the official a game of thrones colouring book

Back