New User Hello All

Mnemosyne

Confectionary Queen
Hey y'all. I'm new here, although I daresay that sentence is sort of unnecessary, since that's what this forum is about in the first place. But I'm going to say it anyway, just because I can.

Anyway, I suppose I ought to introduce myself, huh? I'm Mnemosyne, but that's just a tad long, so you can call be Syne for short. Or most anything, really, as long as it isn't too insulting. I'm not picky on that. I'm 20 years old, and I live in a suburb of Houston, Texas (hence why I'm allowed to say y'all). I just graduated from culinary school at the beginning of October, and have my AAS in Baking and Pastry, in case anyone cares. I work in a dog bakery (don't judge me...), but what I make is equivalent to anything that would be sold in a human bakery. Decorated sugar cookies, birthday cakes, etc. Fun times. And thankfully I just got through Christmas, which was a rather hectic time, so things ought to calm down a bit for me. Just some fun facts, in case anyone is interested. And if anyone wants any baking advice, feel free to ask. I can't promise I have the answer, but I can at least try.

As far as roleplaying goes, I've been RPing for what is, at this point, almost half of my life. About 8 years now, I believe. Not long compared to some, but considering I'm only 20, that isn't too bad, yeah? A lot of my experience has, of course, been when I was under the age of 18. I honestly ended up in RPing by accident, after I discovered that a game I played for quite a while had an RPing forum. I started out with pretty simplistic things, although I was never into one-liners, and I feel my writing style has grown a lot since I started. A whole lot. I typically do multi-paragraph to novella lengths now, with in-depth and detailed plots and characters. But I'm not way picky when it comes to partners. I love writing with diverse kinds of people. After all, the best ideas come from sources that you may not expect! And I'll try just about anything once.

I've been out of RPing or a while not because I was busy due first to school, and then because the start of my current job was rather intense. But now that the holiday season is drawing to an end (at least as far as selling for the holidays goes...), I'm looking to get back into it, and start fresh on a brand new site. So I searched around a bit, found this site, and decided it looks like a community I would enjoy writing in. And so here I am. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone here, and I can't wait to write with y'all!

Thanks. Technically I created my account a few days ago, but I was too busy with holiday preparations to actually get started now. But I'm definitely glad to be here!

Hey, looks like you're already off to a great start. I'll just consider this a check in to make sure everything is going alright and to see if there is anything I can help with.

Back