Hello everyone

Bernar

Hi. I am new to role-play and English is not my native language. On the bright side I seem to be a good roleplayer for some mysterious reason. I prefer fantasy and I hate cliché characters. That's all I can think of, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Hi! I'm quite new myself. Let's be new together, eh?

One question: What do you mean by cliché characters exactly? To me that sounds pretty vague.

Hi! I'm quite new myself. Let's be new together, eh?

One question: What do you mean by cliché characters exactly? To me that sounds pretty vague.
Hello. I mean the overused, predictable, flat, overly dramatic characters. I just started role-playing and I can't stand that all characters look the same. They had a difficult past, they are hurt and lonely, they don't trust anyone, me against the world, all-good and morally incorruptible. Just give them some depth is all I ask for.

Hello. I mean the overused, predictable, flat, overly dramatic characters. I just started role-playing and I can't stand that all characters look the same. They had a difficult past, they are hurt and lonely, they don't trust anyone, me against the world, all-good and morally incorruptible. Just give them some depth is all I ask for.

Ah, I see. Yup, that's also a thing I hate. Well, here's to getting around to roleplaying as some believable characters, yeah?

To be fair, it's kinda hard to come up with a complex character if nothing interesting happens to them or has them stand out. And usually characters get better development during the actual RP

To be fair, it's kinda hard to come up with a complex character if nothing interesting happens to them or has them stand out. And usually characters get better development during the actual RP
Yes I agree. But what I mean is people tend to idealize their characters and when something does happen to them instead of using it to develop their character they choose to fall back on cliché. One should try to make their character fit into the plot and role they are playing. You can't play every role the same way.

Can anyone explain to me how this works? Specifically, I would like to know how the Omniverse one works. It looks like a lot of unrelated posts to me.

Can anyone explain to me how this works? Specifically, I would like to know how the Omniverse one works. It looks like a lot of unrelated posts to me.

You'd have to talk to Tiko (who is usually in Chat) for more details, but from what I can tell, it's an EPIC RP (meaning that it has several sections dedicated to several different stories). You can make almost any character you want, but if you do anything to attack another character or destroy a certain section, Tiko and others will bring in characters that WILL stop you.

Aside from that. Here's some links.

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/the-rules.24/

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/where-to-get-started.353/

What? Why? Doesn't sound like a villain friendly environment. Not interested anymore.:D

Oh no, it is villain-friendly, but it's no fun when someone just shows up and immediately tries to destroy everything. It's just more interesting to have the villains make a plan. Besides, it's rude to just invade and kill someone else's characters and/or areas.

My villain character is actually making steady progress, murdering someone and tormenting a child's soul in order to power one of her constructs. It's actually rampaging around in a section right now while she hides and observes. I'm waiting for Tiko to show up and handle damage control.

Oh no, it is villain-friendly, but it's no fun when someone just shows up and immediately tries to destroy everything. It's just more interesting to have the villains make a plan. Besides, it's rude to just invade and kill someone else's characters and/or areas.

My villain character is actually making steady progress, murdering someone and tormenting a child's soul in order to power one of her constructs. It's actually rampaging around in a section right now while she hides and observes. I'm waiting for Tiko to show up and handle damage control.
Ok so you can murder and attack people?

If they're not player characters or important NPCs (you'll have to ask about the latter), then yeah, pretty much.
Ok I will have to read the story up until now. I just don't get the structure. Can you help me understand it?

Lets start from Aelora (I probably misspelled it)

Ok I will have to read the story up until now. I just don't get the structure. Can you help me understand it?

Lets start from Aelora (I probably misspelled it)

Like I said, you should ask Tiko or one of the other GMs for better information and explanations. They usually hang out in the Chat room. You can also PM them.

Back