New User Hello World

starsavvy

Hey y’all! I’m Rae, nice to meet you. I’m almost 21, finishing up a degree in organic chem in the eastern US. Thinking about PhD programs after, or maybe MD/PhD. I like science and I like helping people, haha. Even though chem is my main science, I also love astronomy. Still not over my NASA phase! I’m a singer and musician, I march in my school’s band on sousaphone and I play keyboard in a pop/rock group on campus. Outside of music, I’ve been doing BJJ for five years and picked up boxing last winter. So if I’m not at the lab or rehearsal, I’m probably in the gym.

I also like roleplay! I’ve been writing for forever, but it’s been a while since I had a good rp community. I’ve dabbled in fandoms, but I write mostly original, and novel-style/3rd person past. I like a good fantasy/horror/sci-fi plot, and I love morally gray characters and situations. Really, I can get into anything with a good story and good writing. I enjoy fiction in general.

That’s about it! Looking forward to meeting people and getting to writing. Let’s chat if we share any interests, I love making friends!

Hey, sounds like you got a lot going. Have you ever taken the Myers Briggs test? If you have did you think it was accurate? Anyway, onto the next subject and something far more serious. Did you read the new member's guide?

Let me know if you need anything. I'll be around.

Hey there, nice to meet you! Yeah, I definitely like to keep busy, haha. Life’s more exciting that way, at least in my opinion! As for Meyers Briggs, I took it maybe a couple years ago, so I don’t know how real they ever are after so long. Think I got ENTJ? Or maybe it was ESTJ, don’t remember. Definitely an extrovert, and I guess “TJ” fits with a lab scientist. Those personality tests are designed to make you see yourself in them though, I think. So I take them with a grain of salt, but they’re fun.

And yup, got the 411 on approval. Post around a couple places for now until I get a green light. Cool with me! Thanks, I’ll give you a shout if I need any help! :)

Hey, welcome to STC, Rae! An organic chem degree, huh? Impressive! I don't have the mind for science unfortunately, since I can't stand math (which is ironic, considering I'm majoring in accounting...), but major props to you for planning on tackling a PhD! And all that other stuff on top of it...how do you do it all???

But yeah, so glad to have you on STC! A totally fun place to rp, I'm sure you'll be right at home here!

A lot of people say that, they can’t do the math to be a chemist. Organic is actually really math light, fun fact. It’s not much more than basic multiplication and division. You want to get real math heavy, you’re talking physical or analytical chem. Accounting probably uses more complex math than I do! It’s a lot of fun, though, I’m really lucky to get to work in such a great field.

And yup, got my approval in hand! I’m gonna poke around the postings section and see if I can’t find myself a rp! Nice to meet you!

Welcome to STC! I admire people with science-oriented minds because I can't wrap my brain around anything science or math related--that's why I chose law school. Congrats on the near degree! Getting close to finishing must be exciting.

Welcome to STC! I admire people with science-oriented minds because I can't wrap my brain around anything science or math related--that's why I chose law school. Congrats on the near degree! Getting close to finishing must be exciting.

Thanks, haha! Law school sounds exciting too, but that would be a lot for me, I think. Way too much writing. And yes, getting close is awesome- the question of the year is of course what comes next?

Back