New User Hello, you can call me Harper.

Harper

I've been in and out of the roleplaying scene for many years now, having started when I was 11 or 12 years old (I'm now 23). Everything began in mostly chat rooms, and it wasn't until much later that I began to explore forums for a more mature roleplaying experience. However, it has been quite a few months since I've done any writing or story telling due to focusing on college. My classes have come to an end, and my next round are all going to be online. With the winter season coming up as well, I'll find myself indoors far more often than not. So with that being said, I'm going to pick back up on an old hobby for some good ol' fashioned storytelling fun.

My most common roleplaying theme is fantasy. Dungeons & Dragons, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, you name it; I love it all. I like big worlds where players will be challenged, and death is a possibility. With that being said, I'm also a big fan of survival horror roleplays, and used to host them frequently myself. What can I say? I love a challenge, and I also love challenging others. If it is something of a sport on here, I also used to frequent combat-focused roleplays where the players would compete their characters against one another.

My most common types of characters are neutral or anti-hero types, villains, or support characters (such as traders and merchants, crafters, etc). However, it all depends on what a roleplay needs or lacks. If there are no challenging villains to drive a roleplay forward, you bet I'll be the first to volunteer. If it needs a shady reptilian potion salesman with a knack for poisons and healing salves alike (depending on the clientèle, of course...), then prepare your wallets. If it needs the mysterious man in the corner of the tavern, sipping ale, and contemplating the next corrupted political target for his blade; I'll be sitting there.

What I'd like to see out of the roleplays here are attention to important details, a good understanding of how to make a proper character (balance of strengths and weaknesses, not OP powerhouses looking to steal the roleplay), and a passion for the story that is unfolding.

Hello Harper! Welcome to the circle!

I think you might like Equinox (Low-fantasy Epic, inspired by Game of Thrones), or perhaps the Masquerade (Dark Fantasy about Vampires). While I have not played them, they strike me as more mature settings, and thus will likely contain the more mature RP'ers you prefer. That said, their are others, a lot of others. And some in the works, you might even check the Bulletin Boards section for those, I have an idea or two floating around down there!

Hello! I hope you find the roleplays that are perfect for you! Also be sure to check out the Bulletin Board in the OOC forum for rps that are looking for interested players. See ya around!

Harper,

I really enjoyed reading your introduction, especially how you noted your preferences and what you would love to see. Your input is valued. We are only as strong as our community and diversity. It is our hope here that we will have something to offer to every kind of roleplayer. I would follow the advice above and check out our wares. There are many great role-plays brewing, and considering we are a relatively new site, it shouldn't be a problem jumping into something. There are fresh stories out there, and we are always looking for more to add to our selection.

~M

Back