New User Hello!

Aletheya

Hello, everyone! I am a veritable noob at this (started this week!) roleplaying thingie, so please don't hesitate to poke me and prod me if I lurk around without speaking.

So, yeah. I'm a 27 year old Portuguese nurse, currently unemployed, but studying like hell still (don't ask. Seriously, don't.) I'm very shy, but the other day, while browsing for ideas for the fantasy novel currently breeding plot bunnies in my brain, came across a site which said that roleplaying is the best way to bring your characters and worlds to life. I decided to follow that advice, and so enrolled in a few forums, but found myself lost and dissatisfied with what they offered.

Came across this little cozy place today and read around. As you all seem like nice blokes with an interest in fantasy , I think I may have just found my place.

And that's all, I think. Thank you for having me!

Portuguese! I think you're our first user from Portugal <3

I love the diversity of people we have here. That said, we are indeed a very cozy place with a friendly lineup of people that would be more than happy to dive into roleplaying with you. We especially have a very strong following of fantasy roleplayers, and several fantasy roleplays that are still looking for players.

If you would like, I could recommend a few your way :)

I'm not from Portugal myself, but my Dad's side of the family is from there... So I'm kind of a Portuguese half-breed. :p

Anyways, you've mentioned that you've looked through a few RP sites already?
If you don't mind me asking, what was it about those sites you found weren't working?
Also, are you familiar with the layout/system of how to start forum RPs, or would you like a rundown?

Last edited:
Nice to meet you! :)

Well, mostly it was because of how closed off they felt to me. Big commnuties, like Valucre, show a lot of promise, but someone who is a complete newbie, like myself, tends to feel overwhelmed and overlooked.

Smaller communities are always much more welcoming, but they tend to be limited in what they offer.

I'm awfully picky, I know, but I want the best of both worlds. :p

I think I got the basics, but I would never refuse a willing guide! Thank you for being so welcoming and supporting, all of you. I barely arrived, but it feels like home already. :)

So basically you're trying to find that sweet spot?
Well, this site is certainly getting into that category with these explosions on new members lately. XD

And thankfully I've already got something built up for those who are lost.
*Digs it up*
To find certain character bios you'd have to go the Character Depository within Out-of-Character > Character Depository.

And as for the Posting Process?

If you mean setting up for one, you first find an Interest Check which is where people are looking for people to join their RPs. You can find those in the Bulletin Board within:
Out-of-Character > Bulletin Board

Then when that's done usually the GM (Game Master) of the RP will set up an OOC (Out of character) forum and link to it. Which is where players discuss the RP and plan about it. You can find those within:
Out-of-Character > Out-of-Character Discussion

And then once everything is properly planned? Your GM will set up an In Character thread where the actual RP takes place, and likewise will usually link to it. Which you can find within:
Play-by-post > Select your Genre

If however you mean the workings of an RP itself? Basically it's you and another player writing a book, except instead of just going on and on by yourself you each control different characters, and you take turns respond to one another. So in an RP with just two players you'd make a post, they would make a post replying, and then you'd reply to them etc. If it's a Group RP it differs by group, but usually you either just wait for one other person to post OR wait for every player in the RP to post before replying.

Does that help?

But remember... Home is where the heart is...
Which is currently in this Aztec's hand.

Back