New User Hey, I'm new

MisterIodine

Not To Be Confused With Bromine
So, what's up? Hi! I'm excited to be here! I found this place completely on accident, but I'm excited to get into it! I've done RP before on many different sites, so it'll be interesting to try this one out. I'm excited to get into it, hope to see you out there!

Also, question, how in the name of might Hercules did that site take my profile picture from a different RP site and AUTOMATICALLY make it my profile picture for this? How did it know?! How did it find it?!

Still, can't wait to get out there! See you then!

Hey there and welcome! And that is a bit strange... I honestly have no idea. Do you use anything like gravatar? It's not something that happens to people normally that I know of, so most likely it would be something on your end that allowed it to happen.

Mystery aside though, welcome again and I hope you find the place to your liking :)

Hey there and welcome! And that is a bit strange... I honestly have no idea. Do you use anything like gravitar? It's not something that happens to people normally that I know of, so most likely it would be something on your end that allowed it to happen.

Mystery aside though, welcome again and I hope you find the place to your liking :)

Oh. Yeah, I think I used Gravitar like, once. It's still strange how it found out I used it once, and pulled this image off of it. Why did it even do that? I feel like it searched through all of my cookies and saved stuff and stuff like that. Creepy.

Thanks!

Well, our site is gravatar enabled. So when you registered it would have auto-fetched your avatar for you. It's something you would have had to set up though (which it sounds like you did). Any website that's gravatar enabled would auto-receive the image you uploaded to gravatar.

Also to clarify it probably worked off your e-mail, not cookies or any invasive tracking. I'm not overly familiar with how gravatar works other than any website that's gravatar enabled will auto-set up your avatar from your gravatar account.

Edit: Yep. I just checked.

Gravatar stands for Globally Recognised Avatar. It is a web service that allows users to upload a personal online avatar and associate it with their email address. The avatar that is uploaded to the Gravatar website is then called a Gravatar.

The way it works is quite simple:
  • The user signs up to Gravatar and uploads their avatar
  • They then visit a website and create an account or post a comment as they normally would
  • If the website has integrated the Gravatar service, it will make a call to the Gravatar service, asking if there is a Gravatar user with that email address
  • If the user is found, Gravatar will send a copy of the user’s Gravatar back to the website
  • The website places the Gravatar on the user’s profile, forum post or comment

Welcome to STC! What sort of genres are you trucking in these days?

@Jag

Thanks! Hmm, let me think about the kinds of genres I'm into... I guess I really like them all! I'm into it all, really. I can adapt to any genre pretty well, so I really like almost all the genres one can think if. Of course, my favorite would be Science Fiction or Action/Adventure.

Our paths may cross when it comes to science fiction in these parts, for sure! At any rate, if you're looking to jump in I'd suggest popping by the Bulletin Board and see what RPs are currently looking for new characters.

Hi Friend!!!
We already know each other but I'm still going to welcome you anyway because I'm on a welcoming mission!
So...
Welcome to STC!!

Back