New User Hey There, Strangers

tragedy

Wannabe Magical Girl
It's been a while since I've made an introductory post like this, so hopefully I don't forget anything.

Hey, I'm tragedy (which I'm a little surprise was available!), and as this title says, I'm a new user. I've been roleplaying for at least six years at this point, and I started off with a small group of friends in a private chat back when hotmail was a thing. Even though my friends stopped roleplaying a while ago, I really liked the idea of collaborative storytelling. Before signing up on STC, I was on TinierMe (which closed down a while ago), fanfiction.net, GaiaOnline (which I'm still somewhat active on), and smaller websites. A majority of roleplays I was a part of were fandom based (Percy Jackson, various magical girl animes - especially Sailor Moon, Reborn!, etc.), but I'm interested trying out non-fandom based roleplays, especially if they contain an element of adventure or fantasy.

Aside from roleplaying, I'm interested in writing in general, and I recently participated in my NaNoWriMo challenge last year. I have an on and off relationship with anime (and tumblr), in that I'm not really into new things anymore (though I did enjoy YoI!), but I'll go back to old series every so often. I generally like animated series, however, and I just recently started Young Justice and Voltron. I also really like music, especially when it comes to finding new music. I just discovered that synthwave is a thing, and I listened to a lot of Trevor Something songs recently. :oops:

I guess my main motivation for joining this website was to try to find a roleplaying community that I can actually stick around for (and not leave and return like I have done in the past on other sites). Anyway, that's about it for now. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dude, I remember using Gaia back in, like, 2006. I had no idea it was still up!
Anyway, welcome to the website! Hope you enjoy your stay! Remember that the chat is always open if you want to come talk to some of us.

Dude, I remember using Gaia back in, like, 2006. I had no idea it was still up!
Anyway, welcome to the website! Hope you enjoy your stay! Remember that the chat is always open if you want to come talk to some of us.
It's still up, but it's dying out very slowly. I think guilds are still around, technically, but I don't think anyone uses them anymore. I'm mostly on there for the artists that post, because there are a lot of good artists still around.
Thank you! I hope so too. It'd be nice to try and get to know some people.

Welcome to the site, Tragedy!

I'm a fellow NaNoWriMo person, though the last few years I've started and just never had the time or dedication to keep up with it, but I still have that novel in my head for one day, lol.

Come say hello to us in the chat, and I hope to see you around the site and maybe in a roleplay or two at some point :D

Just to let you know, there is an account approval process here. You've successfully completed step one by introducing yourself. Next step is to post around the community forums. We have a great number of topics there and many users to make friends with! Main Lobby, writer's circle and the creative forums are great places to start.

If you need any help, just holla.

Hello hello and welcome to the circle! Please enjoy your stay!
We've got a lot of artests here as well. Cream is actually doing a comic for the site. *Ruffles feathers proudly* And not to toot my own horn or anything, but I've posted a few things :p

Thank you all for your warm welcomes.
It was a pretty difficult challenge because of time for me as well (I almost didn't win because I got so far beyond, but then I had a crazy marathon and spat out 13,000 in the last two or three days. I'm still working on being more dedicated with my writing, but I'm a lot better than I was last year. Hopefully you'll find that dedication one day, because I feel like the dedication part will help you find the time (or at least that's how it went for me).

I'll be sure to really jump in at some point. I popped in for a second before going to bed, though there wasn't that many people in the chat at that point.

I successfully got approved this morning! :) Thank you for letting me know, and thanks!

Thank you. Yeah, I lurked around in that thread this morning. You guys also have a nice assortment of artists. The comic sounds like a cool idea. I think I saw something mentioning it right before I joined.
I hope so too. The chat from earlier today was quite interesting - something about Space Amazon, I think?

woot woot a fellow gaian huh!? awesome i was an active RPer on gaia for a long time!
Yes. How long did you roleplay for on there? I imagine that you probably saw a lot of change from your time on Gaia - there's always people complaining on various threads about how different everything is.
Before coming here, Gaia was the most recent site I used for roleplaying. I don't think I was active on Gaia until 2013, so I haven't been on that long, but it wasn't that bad for a while. But each year, things just kept dwindling down. Out of all of the roleplays I was in, there were only three that I thought would go anywhere. Two died from typically reasons, but one ended because the group (there were six of us) got into a fight and the GM went on a hiatus after that. I finally decided to check out another site, in hopes of finding a better community.

Welcome to the site! There's tons of different roleplays around, I'm sure you'll find one that sounds interesting to you. Anyway have fun, and good luck on your future endeavors! Ciao

Yes. How long did you roleplay for on there? I imagine that you probably saw a lot of change from your time on Gaia - there's always people complaining on various threads about how different everything is.
Before coming here, Gaia was the most recent site I used for roleplaying. I don't think I was active on Gaia until 2013, so I haven't been on that long, but it wasn't that bad for a while. But each year, things just kept dwindling down. Out of all of the roleplays I was in, there were only three that I thought would go anywhere. Two died from typically reasons, but one ended because the group (there were six of us) got into a fight and the GM went on a hiatus after that. I finally decided to check out another site, in hopes of finding a better community.
I was on gaia for about 11 years since 2006. Yes gaia went through A LOT of changes, the guilds where very very active when i started, and then the clans came out those blew up for a while. before zomg came out there gaia was really into anime and had theaters where your avatar could go and you could watch anime. Zomg was pretty cool to, they never really went far enough with it before deleting it. The inflation hit gaia hard and really lowered the activity on the site.

Welcome to the site! There's tons of different roleplays around, I'm sure you'll find one that sounds interesting to you. Anyway have fun, and good luck on your future endeavors! Ciao
Thank you. I didn't manage to look through the majority of them yet, but I think I found one or two that captured my attention. I'm also thinking about running one myself, though I don't know how interested people will be. I'll see if anyone responds to the interest thread, though. Thank you!

I was on gaia for about 11 years since 2006. Yes gaia went through A LOT of changes, the guilds where very very active when i started, and then the clans came out those blew up for a while. before zomg came out there gaia was really into anime and had theaters where your avatar could go and you could watch anime. Zomg was pretty cool to, they never really went far enough with it before deleting it. The inflation hit gaia hard and really lowered the activity on the site.
Clans? I know that the guilds are doing a lot worse than the threads, but I'm not even sure if I've heard of clans. :oops:
I also didn't know about the theaters, though if it had anything to do with towns, I know that's not really a thing either.
Yeah, I know a lot of people were really into zOmg. I only remember it a little bit, because I didn't play that much initially, and after my hiatus, it was gone.
Oh yeah, that inflation is absolutely terrible. I think the only thing that tops it is the notoriously bad Neopets economy.
Then there's the fact that a lot of roleplays left on Gaia are graphic-heavy now.... So it's either that, or you go with something that's bland and moving much too quickly. There are very few roleplays in the middle. I'm surprised I didn't think about looking elsewhere sooner.

I found out about this website through a google search. It was on one of those website recommendation lists, but something about this one called out to me.

Welcome to STC, and thank you for being a tragedy here. :p
This community tends to be quite active, especially in the chatroom below, so you should be able to stay involved rather easily.

Sadly I don't know much about Gaia... But I do know about how to ask ice breaker questions for new comers!
*Que cheesy transition!*

1. What is your favourite RP Genre?
2. What is so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?
3. What is your favourite anime?

Hello and welcome to Storyteller! I started off roleplaying on hotmail as well! I miss the old msn days... Such good times xD! I am glad you found our site and I hope it will be your new home =)! Everyone here is very nice and the roleplays hosted on here are simply awesome! If you need any help or have any questions please feel free to pm me anytime!

Back