New User Heyas :)

OceanElf

Oh, wow, I'm actually better at just jumping into a thread to give my 2 cents about something than making an intro post, but here goes.
I really like that there are areas for people to post what they have written in the creative forums, and that there is a category for misc. mixed fiction that can't just be boxed neatly into one genre. Because my writing is just that. It isn't fan fiction, it isn't strictly original character fiction, it isn't set in just one "genre/series universe"
I started out rp-ing on an email list, where characters wrote letters to one another, across all landscapes of fiction. In addition, they also had stories written about any characters the writers/rp-ers would collaborate on. Great idea, great format. But increasingly the content was getting less and less to my liking, and there were some writers that clashed too, with me and with one another.
When I left and tried to start up my own rp-list, I ended up with people rp-ing Mary Sues, and my list wasn't the only one afflicted with that problem either. And this was before I even knew what Sues were. Sues. Shipping. Writers who were determined to keep everything as hellish as possible. Ugh.
Of course, when it comes to sites about writing, there's always the whole "submit your writing for critiques, work toward getting published" etc. well I'm not interested in that. I just want to write for the sheer fun of it, and as my stuff is a mix of famous fictional characters plus my own original characters, and those of my friends, that isn't publishable material. Submitting my all original character stuff for publication, only to get rejected would discourage me way too much.
I'm not sure how to describe the sort of writing I do except that it is quite character-driven and sometimes comedic.
But this place looks like there's a lot more here than just the usual trends I've become very tired of seeing in other writing/rpg sites.
Looking forward to checking it out and seeing where things go from here. :)

Hello and welcome to the boards. Be sure to post in the main lobby where you can so that we can see you intend to be an active member. It will then flag your account and the staff will be able to approve your account. I'm sure that you will find something to your liking here on the story tellers circle. Once more, welcome!

Back