New User Hi Everyone

Rubbler

Hi, I stopped rping for a while and I think getting back into it will be good for me, right now at least. I've always really enjoyed it, writing in general, too. Just had some personal difficulties pertaining to life, lol.

Thanks, me too. I really like everything I've tried so far, which is not that many, but my favorites are fantasy, scy-fy, and modern-fantasy...but I think that's all of the ones I've tried besides regular modern, I honestly can't remember! But I want to try more. What about you?

I've mostly dabbled in science fiction and horror as they're my two favorite genres. I've been looking for an avenue with which to really pursue playing canonical/fandom characters but I haven't really seen one.

Still, it's cool to see another fan of sci-fi! I'd definitely be up for plotting an RP out with you! : )

Oh, I haven't tried Horror yet, and I like watching them. Yesterday I watch this horror movie called Bloodfest, you might like it. I didn't finish it though because sometimes I get really frustrated with characters in horror movies, lol.

Also I've never tried playing as canons/fandom characters yet but I want to. I use to not want to because I didn't think I was going do well playing as a character created by someone else with a set background, personality, really everything, but now I feel like I'm ready. It's basically acting, after all.

And yeah, I won't mind. Just know that I'm a little rusty so don't expect too much of me. XD.

Also I've never tried playing as canons/fandom characters yet but I want to. I use to not want to because I didn't think I was going do well playing as a character created by someone else with a set background, personality, really everything, but now I feel like I'm ready. It's basically acting, after all.

This is a big fear that a good number of RPers have and it's perfectly valid and understandable. But just know that while some people might judge you for how you're portraying a character they're fond of, if they go out of their way to make you feel bad about said portrayal when you're merely trying to have fun then that's on them and not you. Regardless of how 'good' your portrayal may be or not, your fellow RPers aren't arbiters on what's 'good' and what isn't.

So don't worry too much about that if you can. I know I still do occasionally but I snap myself out of it and think 'I'm doing this as a hobby, I'm doing this to have fun damn it what other people think' and I feel at the end of the day that's all that really matters.

I hope you have a good day, Rubbler and thanks for the follow. You seem like a pretty cool person!

Lol, you're welcome and you seem cool too! This is probably the most decent conversation I've ever had online.

Lol, you're welcome and you seem cool too! This is probably the most decent conversation I've ever had online.

Eeeh, if you met me two years ago or even at the start of last year, you'd probably think otherwise but it is what it is y'know? I'm glad to be on this site and making new friends and new plots for roleplays. If you're ever free and feel like sitting down and thinking up some RP ideas, I'm definitely game!

As for having a decent convo, yeah it's nice to be able to chat about stuff like this! I've been RPing since 2008 so it's really cool to take a step back and see how long other people have been doing it for. Though when I say I was RPing back then, it was more mashing my fingers on the keyboard and hoping for the best since my grammar wasn't the best back then(and still isn't)

Lol! I've been rping since I think 2015 or 2015, not as long as you. I know people who've been at it since around 2000 or I think before, which still amazes me. And I really only got into it because one summer I took a big interest into writing my own stories that were pages long. Then I came across rping online and now here I am. I like it, just wish I was into writing like I was years ago.

And honestly I don't care too much about grammar in other writers, it's really all about having funny and enjoying interacting with other people in the end. I just like to "be in another world" and create stories that I probably won't ever really go through in real life.

I didn't really have the best personality either, if that's what you meant. But I guess it's because I was younger and less...mature. I liked to laugh and have fun but it could be pretty annoying to people. I was kind of dramatic as well, I guess, but I'm not like that now at all. Could've made friendships last longer if I actually thought through most of my actions.

But anyway, I got to keep my head in the present. :D

I gotta say I'm jealous to some degree. That I mean you're so into the idea of RPing out ideas and stories you'd never really see done IRL. Which is totally fair and something I can't quite do myself. I always picture my stories in other mediums such as being animated, movies, books, stuff like that. But the truth of the matter is I'd never really be able to go to through with something like that. My attention span is too short and too unfocused to focus on something like that.

So it's nice to just be able to pick a character and get into their personality and hang along for the ride so to speak.

Yeah! You keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you're gonna be an awesome RPer on this site.

Oh, I think you're confused. I meant that most of the stories I write and see, like maybe fighting monsters, destroying mother ships, discovering magical abilities, or meeting gods, angels, and demons won't really happen in real life.

But I actually always thought that I was the only one who imagined stories play out in movies, animations, and such! Like currently I'm thinking up stories, plots, and scenes for a graphic novel I want to make one day. Sometimes I imagine the scenes as a real movie. And even when I'm rping I do the same thing! I thought I was weird and if I told my publisher/editor that they'd think I was trying to hint towards making a movie, lol.

Welcome back to RPing. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. feel free to drop me a line and I'd be happy to help. Doesn't even have to be STC or RP related. :>

I really like everything I've tried so far, which is not that many, but my favorites are fantasy, scy-fy, and modern-fantasy
I see you like fantasy, sci-fi, and modern-fantasy. I also like those, as well as science fantasy. Maybe we could do a role play.

Back