New User Hi STC!

Kiowa

I'm no good at introductions.

It's always awkward for me, and I'm never quite sure what I should put down. What's really important to tell people right off the bat? It's not like a conversation, where you, the party I'm introducing myself to, can indicate some kind of interest in a conversation topic -- like my hobbies, or what I like to roleplay and write about.

I just have to flatly assume that whatever I say, you're interested. That doesn't seem fair to either of us, it makes me anxious and weird, and I could just be shotgunning you with bullshit you're not remotely interested in.

Who even reads introductions anyways? It always feels like whenever I make one of these threads, like one guy is nice enough to extend a hand and say 'hi'.

And really, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of introduction on a forum like this? I mean, new users come and go all the time, you probably take mild notice of someone until they've stuck around for awhile -- or else there's too much to keep up with.

Let's do this instead: tell me about you.

I'm ready and happy to meet other forum members. Let's do some meet and greet, if you're bored enough to stray into this section and read one of many new faces' introductions, you're bored enough to tell me about yourself.

I want to know what you roleplay, what you do for fun. How many people I have to kill to run through your list of friends and become your best friend.

Ordinary stuff ;)

Feel free to ask me a few things in return. I don't bite. Much.

A strange introduction to be sure, but it was one of the more honest ones. I should probably be ashamed of the fact that I didn't get what STC was.... in all honesty I thought it was a video game of some sort

Thanks for the welcome. Both of you. I'm a little disappointed no one wanted to play along though... I thought it was a good idea. I'm going to cling to that.

Also to be honest, I didn't know whether or not it was a commonly used acronym or not. I sort of assumed it was, then read it in another thread and was pleased to not be original.

Welcome Storyteller! :) Ehh, we already went through our initiation. I guess you can consider me the local crazy guy/psychologist. And nobody to kill on my end.

~M

Both the crazy guy and the local shrink. That's one I haven't heard before. I feel like I should be afraid.

So you're saying we're already best friends? Because I know a friendly mentally fragmented psych like you has a ton of friends. Even if they're all in your head.

Well, what kind of genres do you enjoy roleplaying? What kind of characters do you find yourself playing the most? What do you do in real life?

Well, what kind of genres do you enjoy roleplaying? What kind of characters do you find yourself playing the most? What do you do in real life?
1) i enjoy crossovers very much (a mix between two verses),
2) canon characters, i don't have any motivation to use a OC nor putting them in the light,
3) it's confidential, sorry ^^’

I've always found it kind of admirable -- the ability to write and include characters from pre-existing universes. Even writing for friends and including their characters in something is actually nerve-wracking for me.

There's so much worry over whether or not I'm portraying them faithfully to their original personality. Do you ever run into that?

I got yelled at just because i make them saying what they don't say in their verses,
but as long they are not used for forced romance or smut, it's fine.

Many may worry about that, but what worry me a lot is the whole elitism stuff.

Elitism can be pretty petty. Especially when it's over something that's so harmless as what someone else decides to roleplay about. I'm sorry if you run into that a lot.

Elitism can be pretty petty. Especially when it's over something that's so harmless as what someone else decides to roleplay about. I'm sorry if you run into that a lot.
Oh yes, i do, and i don't understand "this concept" at all, i don't understand how a person is supposed to match someone else lenght like a snap of fingers.. it's all about fun, alas, no many communities know that.

I don't feel like it's fair for two different types of roleplayers to go into a roleplay expecting the other roleplayer to change something about themselves for the roleplay. I think that everyone will be happy if they just find fellow roleplayers and the roleplays they run that are similar to their own interests.

Back