New User Hi

Luc

Greetings. I don't really know what to say about myself that won't be skimmed over and relegated to a tiny corner of one's memory. I'm just a regular guy looking for fun times. The approval period is a bummer, to be honest. I came to roleplay, and making small tall is not exactly my forte so it may take me months to get flagged. But I will persevere nonetheless. See you around.

It won't take you months, Luc, don't worry about it. We want new people to join, and stay active. Anyways, What sort of RP do you enjoy? I ask because I could have some recommendations.

Getting approved is a pretty painless process :)

Doesn't need to be small talk. I encourage you to browse through our Main Lobby or our Writer's Circle forums for threads that might catch your eye. In particular, the Writer's Circle is more roleplay centered discussions that may appeal to you.

We don't expect everyone to be GOOD at socializing. We just ask that they try. We are a roleplaying site, but we also have a large emphasis on maintaining a healthy and supportive community. So the approval process isn't a test to see if people are great social bugs, but rather that they respect the ideals of the site enough to put in a little time and effort.

It's also a great time to ask questions if you have any about how things are done here. You can also talk shop with other players as far as roleplay ideas go. You're more than welcome to use your introduction thread for more than just small talk about yourself. The introduction forum as a whole is an excellent place to connect with other players of matching roleplay interests so that once you're approved, you already have an idea of a roleplay you might be interested in joining (or starting).

It won't take you months, Luc, don't worry about it. We want new people to join, and stay active. Anyways, What sort of RP do you enjoy? I ask because I could have some recommendations.

I like fantasy, plot-driven stories. With little to no magic in them.

Getting approved is a pretty painless process :)

Doesn't need to be small talk. I encourage you to browse through our Main Lobby or our Writer's Circle forums for threads that might catch your eye. In particular, the Writer's Circle is more roleplay centered discussions that may appeal to you.

We don't expect everyone to be GOOD at socializing. We just ask that they try. We are a roleplaying site, but we also have a large emphasis on maintaining a healthy and supportive community. So the approval process isn't a test to see if people are great social bugs, but rather that they respect the ideals of the site enough to put in a little time and effort.

It's also a great time to ask questions if you have any about how things are done here. You can also talk shop with other players as far as roleplay ideas go. You're more than welcome to use your introduction thread for more than just small talk about yourself. The introduction forum as a whole is an excellent place to connect with other players of matching roleplay interests so that once you're approved, you already have an idea of a roleplay you might be interested in joining (or starting).
Ok thanks

Hm... Little to no magic huh? I'm not sure what low fantasy setting we have that are particularly active right now, though there were several in the past. ...How about something a touch different: 1000 years after the end is a fantasy Epic rp about the end of our modern world followed by various fantasy creatures assuming the forms of mutants. As far as I know there is little to know magic as it is set in our world, well, a thousand years after we went extinct. You can discuss with @Drakey if that is good for you! If your not comfortable with epics, though, rest assured there are many tradition PBP rps and many many more 1x1 player's who would be willing to play lots of different stories. It all depends, of course, on your desired group size.

Hm... Little to no magic huh? I'm not sure what low fantasy setting we have that are particularly active right now, though there were several in the past. ...How about something a touch different: 1000 years after the end is a fantasy Epic rp about the end of our modern world followed by various fantasy creatures assuming the forms of mutants. As far as I know there is little to know magic as it is set in our world, well, a thousand years after we went extinct. You can discuss with @Drakey if that is good for you! If your not comfortable with epics, though, rest assured there are many tradition PBP rps and many many more 1x1 player's who would be willing to play lots of different stories. It all depends, of course, on your desired group size.
Thank you for the help. I don't know about that one particular role-play, but at a first glance it doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Though I might be wrong. I will check those 1x1's you mention. If I can't find one that I like, I will just start one myself, hopefully as a group project. I like brainstorming.

I'm in the same boat, Luc. I'm a cranky old crone that does not do well with small talk. I suspect it may take me a while, too. Regardless. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Back