Hitman [Becca and Cream]

Lainy and Ryleigh were laughing over something when Clark appeared. Whatever they had been talking about had had Ryleigh giggling and smiling, which was refreshing to see when she was so serious and studious all of the time. By the time Clark had taken a seat next to Lainy, she was blushing once mo and trying to curb her giggles.

"Our day has been okay. Ry's been studying. I've been pretending to study." Lainy replied.

Ryleigh blushed, smiling. "I didn't study all day. I went home and read for a while before getting ready to come out, in fact."

"Which counts as studying for you." Lainy smirked.

Ryleigh laughed a little, shaking her head in denial. "How was your day, Clark?"

Lainy smirked, looking over the menu to see what she wanted while Ryleigh talked with Clark.

"Pretty good. Went to the class that tore me away from you earlier today, studied a bit myself... spent far too long staring at myself in the mirror trying to figure out how to best impress you tonight." He looked down and away at the last part, then lifted his gaze to Ryleigh's again and chuckled quietly.

"Not much. Over all, yeah, pretty good. Better now, of course." He punctuated it with a wink then rubbed the back of his head. "Ah... you sketch anymore, Ry? May I call you Ry?"

Lainy grinned, choosing to talk before Ryleigh who was blushing still at the first part of what Clark had said. What Lainy said didn't help either. Ryleigh blushed more.

"You don't have to do much to impress Ryleigh. Be romantic and be yourself and she'll fall head over heels for you." She smirked.

The look Ryleigh gave Lainy was priceless. Sometimes she wished her friend would just keep quiet. Ryleigh didn't want to appear easy or anything. She hadn't dated at all and kept well away from guys and the limelight. Yes, she was female and wanted the whole family and romance and all of that; but she would wait for it. She didn't need it all now. Lainy seemed to think she did though.

"You can call me Ry too. Lainy is the only one really so I'm used to it." She smiled slightly. "And no, I finished my sketch at the library and then focused on reading for the most part of the afternoon."

Lainy decided that the topic of schoolwork was way too boring and they weren't at school. She was someone who didn't beat around the bush and got straight to the point. "So Clark... you're interested in Ryleigh?"

Once again, the look on Ryleigh's face was priceless.

Clark was chuckling after Lainy's first comment and had nearly settled while Roy was talking, but started properly laughing after Lainy spoke again.

"I am quite interested in Ryleigh. I'm shocked I don't have competition out the diner door. A talented artist who has also turned her attention to writing the next great American novel? This is witout even considering her looks. Yes." He shifted with a bright red face to look at Ry and give her a smile, offering his hand to her. "I would very much like to try dating Ryleigh if she wouldn't mind. I know such an offer is highly antique, but... I believe Lainy has put us in a unique position."

Well Ryleigh didn't know what to say. She was completely caught off guard with the whole conversation that Lainy and Clark seemed to have without her input. And she was blushing like mad. She had no idea what she was walking into and she was a little wary of the sudden interest. For the most part she'd kept herself out of the limelight because of her parents and was quite happy with having no interest shown but now... now someone had.

"Come on, Ry." Lainy nudged for an answer.

Ryleigh finally took Clark's hand and nodded. "Okay then. We'll see what happens."

She was still blushing from all the compliments that Clark had given her and so her reply wasn't the most appropriate for someone that had asked a person to date. But Ryleigh was also new to this scene.

Lainy grinned. "Well, I've just seen someone I know. So I'll make this your first date and leave you two lovebirds to it. Nice knowing you." With that, Lainy waited for Clark to move so that she could leave the booth and go Andrew entertain herself.

"Sorry about Lainy... she doesn't know the word subtle..."

Back