Hiya.. I'm new! <3

nene

Greetings everyone ^_^ My name is Alessandra. I am very happy I came across this site because I recently discovered that I....
have a new found passion for storytelling!! *squeals*

It's nice to meet you all and we shall RP to our hearts desires... <3 I am still very new to roleplaying since I started just a few months ago, but I love it.

Any tips or advice for me getting started would be greatly appreciated C: (I don't really have a preferred genre right now, going with the flow I guess/experimenting)

Last edited:
Awesome, hey Alessandra! I'm Rorshach and it's good to meet ya.

My only tip for starting would be to try everything once and make a ton of mistakes. It's the easiest way to learn what works for you, and what doesn't work so well. On the Circle here, we run on approval basis, so we'd love it if you popped over to the main lobby and participated some in the topics found there. :)

How did you discover RPing? Do you read/write often outside of it?

How do you do there ma'am? Wait for it Rorschach...another shameless plug! (I'm not trying to poach every new member ;)). Try my RP if you don't have a genre and want to experiment. I'm not new to role-playing but I'm brand spanking new to this forum stuff, and so there's a bunch of shootin' from the hip in my neck of the woods. Find it here. Otherwise, welcome and have a great time!

There seems to be a lot of people needing a guide. XD
To find certain character bios you'd have to go the Character Depository within Out-of-Character > Character Depository.

And as for the Posting Process?

If you mean setting up for one, you first find an Interest Check which is where people are looking for people to join their RPs. You can find those in the Bulletin Board within:
Out-of-Character > Bulletin Board

Then when that's done usually the GM (Game Master) of the RP will set up an OOC (Out of character) forum and link to it. Which is where players discuss the RP and plan about it. You can find those within:
Out-of-Character > Out-of-Character Discussion

And then once everything is properly planned? Your GM will set up an In Character thread where the actual RP takes place, and likewise will usually link to it. Which you can find within:
Play-by-post > Select your Genre

If however you mean the workings of an RP itself? Basically it's you and another player writing a book, except instead of just going on and on by yourself you each control different characters, and you take turns respond to one another. So in an RP with just two players you'd make a post, they would make a post replying, and then you'd reply to them etc. If it's a Group RP it differs by group, but usually you either just wait for one other person to post OR wait for every player in the RP to post before replying.
Does that help?

Also, I know you said you have no preferred genre's yet in regards to writing.
But what kinds of shows, books etc. have you been into before?
That might help us find a place to start you off.

Awesome, hey Alessandra! I'm Rorshach and it's good to meet ya.

My only tip for starting would be to try everything once and make a ton of mistakes. It's the easiest way to learn what works for you, and what doesn't work so well. On the Circle here, we run on approval basis, so we'd love it if you popped over to the main lobby and participated some in the topics found there. :)

How did you discover RPing? Do you read/write often outside of it?
Hiii I discovered RPing through a mafia game actually. And well, I used to do a lot of reading! Now I don't do as much as before but thats alright.

There seems to be a lot of people needing a guide. XD

Does that help?

Also, I know you said you have no preferred genre's yet in regards to writing.
But what kinds of shows, books etc. have you been into before?
That might help us find a place to start you off.
Thanks for the guide, its very helpful actually. :D Hmm well I haven't been reading much... but for shows I've been into a lot of crime investigation shows, the walking dead, american horror story... yep !

Thanks for the guide, its very helpful actually. :D Hmm well I haven't been reading much... but for shows I've been into a lot of crime investigation shows, the walking dead, american horror story... yep !

So Horror and Mystery basically?
*Checks the Bulletin Board*

Here's one.
A Murder Mystery at a ball no not the sport kind :3.

Also, I should note you click the 'reply' button for multiple posts and respond to all them in one post instead of multi-posting so much.
thank you LovesNoodles. <3 :eek:
See?

So Horror and Mystery basically?
*Checks the Bulletin Board*

Here's one.
A Murder Mystery at a ball no not the sport kind :3.

Also, I should note you click the 'reply' button for multiple posts and respond to all them in one post instead of multi-posting so much.

See?
ahhh yes, I see my mistake. thanks :D
AND YES i love your idea. i actually did something like that before. the murder mystery at the ball one.

ahhh yes, I see my mistake. thanks :D
AND YES i love your idea. i actually did something like that before. the murder mystery at the ball one.

No problem it's my unpaid without a union or any kind of benefits job! :p
And if that RP works for you make sure to post there and let the guy know.

Back