Hiya!

Elpis

Lady
Hi all! My name's Hope, a new member to the site, and I'm gonna introduce the heck out of myself!

I'm a long-time writer and roleplayer, a magic enthusiast, and an English student. I've definitely grown up in the modern age as a lot of my writing reflects or focuses on social structures and the complexities of identities, so expect anything that comes from me to take that into consideration. I'm a HUGE mystery novel fanatic and I love detective mysteries more than anything. I'm also a transwoman, so please feel free to ask me any questions or start up a conversation at any point since I know that I'm different and that difference can lead to misunderstandings hahaha.

More personally, I'm typically bubbly and cheerful or just aggressively helpful, so please don't ever feel intimidated from approaching me. I love all types of roleplay settings, although the more complex the plot and interweaving the characters, the more I'm all in. I have an old reputation as the master of sideplots, so if you ever need or want ideas for something to do or something to get lost in, I'm your girl~ Otherwise, I typically make characters which fall under the Princess archetype and enjoy playing alongside others rather than taking on any focused role of my own.

It's been a while since I've roleplayed or been part of a community, so hopefully things'll be dope!

Side plots? So basically more quick adventures or stories?
You ever tried Chat RPs? Or Epic/Universe RPs?

Hahaha, more like extraneous stories. I think I've done Chat RPs, I'm not so sure about Epic or Universe. I've been through a bunch of RPs, but not very many formats of RPs.

Epic RP's might be a good fit for you then. :p
They're basically world settings with multiple RP's going on inside it. Sometimes they interact, sometimes they're unrelated side stories.
I'm currently in the middle of joining one called Equinox myself where they have such a thing.

Though all new members must answer *rolls die* 2 questions.

1. What is your favourite colour?
2. Are you a Princess in the right Castle or another castle?

Also, I'm gonna cheat here. Do you need any help or have any questions about the site?

Hahaha, my favorite color is green and I'm definitely in the right castle. I'm still catching up on being aware of all the things I need to be aware of and navigating the threads to find the info I'm looking for, but I should have things down in like a week. Do you have any tips on like, if I want to find the bio for certain characters or locations? And how the posting process works for the RPs? I'm actually really lost about that hahaha

To find certain character bios you'd have to go the Character Depository within Out-of-Character > Character Depository.

And as for the Posting Process?

If you mean setting up for one, you first find an Interest Check which is where people are looking for people to join their RPs. You can find those in the Bulletin Board within:
Out-of-Character > Bulletin Board

Then when that's done usually the GM (Game Master) of the RP will set up an OOC (Out of character) forum and link to it. Which is where players discuss the RP and plan about it. You can find those within:
Out-of-Character > Out-of-Character Discussion

And then once everything is properly planned? Your GM will set up an In Character thread where the actual RP takes place, and likewise will usually link to it. Which you can find within:
Play-by-post > Select your Genre

If however you mean the workings of an RP itself? Basically it's you and another player writing a book, except instead of just going on and on by yourself you each control different characters, and you take turns respond to one another. So in an RP with just two players you'd make a post, they would make a post replying, and then you'd reply to them etc. If it's a Group RP it differs by group, but usually you either just wait for one other person to post OR wait for every player in the RP to post before replying.

Does that help?

Back