New User Hoi.

Andromeda

The Local Cyberpunk
Out of all the introduction posts in all of the Web you just had to click on mine, eh? Well, I'm glad you're here. Truly, I am. Now here comes the part where I tell you all about myself. Get ready for some reading, chummer.

Who Am I?
As you can tell I go by the name Andromeda, like the galaxy or that Dance With The Dead song. I'm an avid writer and a rolepayer with about six years of experience in internet roleplaying under my belt (most of that was spent having to deal with a lot of inactivity from the people I RP'ed with, sadly).

I consider myself to be a friendly and easy-going person. People who know me best describe me as funny, intelligent and creative (with a dash of weird, but who isn't weird these days?). I try to be an active person in the groups and activities I include myself in, and I'm always ready to help people in need (except when it comes to money because I'm always broke). Although, I tend to keep to myself a lot and I'm prone to rambling, even in text.

So there, that's me in a nutshell (or in as much info as I'm willing to give because I'm all dark and mysterious, man).
What Are My Interests?
I'm heavily into cyberpunk and hard SF. In terms of roleplaying I'm willing to branch out to other genres but I'm usually on the lookout for either of those two. I can join you and your friends for some sword 'n sorcery but just bare in mind that I'll have to jack into the Matrix from time to time to steal data from the megacorps and whatnot.

What Can You Expect From Me?
Lots of empty beer cans all over the place.

Just kidding. What you can actually expect is someone who is ready to roleplay frequently and is able to give you long posts in threads (because I love typing, see?). You can also expect someone who is willing to compromise and come to an agreement, among other things like manners and other useless (read: important) drek.

All in all, I'm just another bright-eyed roleplayer looking for some friends and good times.

Last edited:
Hi. What do you mean by "hard SF?" Like, no long range laser weapons due to inverse-square law, no FTL, reaction mass required for spacecraft?
By hard SF I mean anything that is plausible and could occur/be invented (like FTL travel by way of Alcubierre Drive or the like). To make things simple, more Eclipse Phase and less Star Wars. I'm pretty lax with that rule though, so I'm willing to get a bit Star Wars if need be but not too much so that I don't end up in the science-fantasy territory.

Out of all the introduction posts in all of the Web you just had to click on mine, eh?

Well excuuuuuuse me princess! I'm just trying to be nice! >:C

Anyways, Sci-F seems to be a rather popular genre among the members here, so you should be able to find something that you like relatively easily.
Though looking at how you've constructed your post (BB Code, formatting and all) it looks like you familiar with this sort of site, so I'm just gonna skip to some intro questions.

1. Star Trek or Babylon 5?
2. What is so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?
3. What Sci-Fi verse would you say has the best beer in their Cantinas?

Well excuuuuuuse me princess! I'm just trying to be nice! >:C

Anyways, Sci-F seems to be a rather popular genre among the members here, so you should be able to find something that you like relatively easily.
Though looking at how you've constructed your post (BB Code, formatting and all) it looks like you familiar with this sort of site, so I'm just gonna skip to some intro questions.

1. Star Trek or Babylon 5?
2. What is so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?
3. What Sci-Fi verse would you say has the best beer in their Cantinas?

Yeah, I've been to many a roleplaying website so I know a thing or two about BB Code and whatnot. To answer your questions:

1. Star Trek, hands down. Especially TNG. I do have to give credit where credit is due though, because Babylon 5 is also awesome.
2. I am! Duh!
3. I'd drink whatever they served me in Futurama . . . if I were a robot.

Back