Home for the Homeless

Would you rather be one of the residents, or be forced to go out into that forest unarmed?

• I think I'd just play it safe and be a resident...Though I may die.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • LET'S GO INTO THAT DARN FOREST.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOPE. Nope. No...Nope.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Caroline E.

I'm a bird crazy maniac
(I made this about two years ago. I have never read a book like this, I have never seen a role play like this, so chances of me copying you are pretty low. The only thing this is similar to is Wayward Pines, but it doesn't downright have everything from it.)

By joining this role play you agree to follow the rules listed below (on this thread):
*I will follow and respect the rules of this website, Storyteller's Circle
*I will keep all content (on this thread) PG 13+
*I will keep cursing (on this thread) to a minimum, refrain from the use of anything major, and all curse words will be censored
*I will not take control of another's character nor will I kill or critically injure without permission (on this thread)
*I will follow the instructions of the form given to me to create my character (on this thread)

2309327767_bfeab47880_o-700x465.jpg

The world is full of kind, giving people. They are not common, but they are there, ready to welcome those who need help with open arms.

One of those kind people was a man named Thomas Mythe. And not only was he kind, but he had a brilliant mind as well.
Graduating from his free ride to college, Thomas got a job as a doctor for a few years. And a successful doctor he was. But then he decided it was time to quit his job, and open up a home for the homeless.

Despite the effort it took to do this, and how successful it was, nobody spoke about it. Not a word was heard outside of those walls to the home...
But of course, it was because Thomas Mythe was paying them not to.

You see, Thomas was a brilliant man, and with all of these new discoveries he could not simply test them on a common household rat. He would always upgrade to more advanced animals, but then he finally ran out. And he still needed something better.

So to complete his tests, and find miraculous cures to critical diseases to make himself rich, Thomas created Myth's Home for the Homeless. There he could trap the people no one knew about, no one cared about, and test on them when need be. Nobody could leave, but everyone could come and expect the kind and free care of an expert.

Though, odd things are going on. Something too odd to allow everyone to assume only humans are wandering in their midst.

Outside the home, there is an electric fence. Taller than the building itself. But the point of the fence is unknown, for the homeless aren't allowed out there, and it secures the entire privately owned forest Thomas has.

Not only that, but screams can be heard far out into the trees. Not screams of fear, but what sound like something calling.

And to top it all off, any worker who leaves the home carries a weapon. They NEVER go unarmed...Unless, for some reason, Thomas makes sure they don't have a weapon. Usually after being fired, or if there's a heated argument.

Is there something more to this place? Something more than just a death trap for the poor? Only time, and further research from Thomas Mythe, will tell.

dark_hallway_by_dulje-d5lgs1v.jpg

Positions:

Resident

Nurse (staff)

Doctor (staff)

Janitor (staff)

Cook (staff)

Guard (staff)

Form:

Name:
Personality (optional):
History (optional, but preferred):
Picture/description:
Staff member? (yes or no, what position):
Girl/boyfriend, married, open?:
Assigned nurse (homeless only):
Other:

My form:

Name: Thomas Brian Mythe (Doctor Mythe)
Personality (optional): Thomas is determined, a leader, and manipulative. He's also pretty clever and smart, but still not a good person.
History (optional, but preferred): Thomas was unwanted by his mother, and so she didn't care for him as he grew older. He was forced to go live on the streets, but after a while of no one offering any help someone decided to take him in. They raised him well, and he became very ambitious. He wanted to be successful, unique, and hard working, and eventually that turned into doing something no one had ever done before or considered doing.
When Thomas's parents didn't support his idea, he decided to kill them and do it all on his own.
Picture/description: Thomas has neat black hair, brown eyes, and tanish skin. He wears a lab coat and glasses.
Staff member? (yes or no, what position): A doctor, and the boss of everything.
Girl/boyfriend, married, open?: Open
Other:

I got this post moved to the right place for you and I'm just posting into it to get it bumped for you since you had it in the wrong forum and people will have missed it.

Back