New User Hopefully my first impression is decent

That's great. I'm glad jealously hasn't gotten the best of me yet and I'm a bit afraid it'll get the best of me. Just imagine how I would be. How many friends I'll lose, how much of my sanity will fade, oh man! Just imagine!

That's great. I'm glad jealously hasn't gotten the best of me yet and I'm a bit afraid it'll get the best of me. Just imagine how I would be. How many friends I'll lose, how much of my sanity will fade, oh man! Just imagine!

It's not a fun time. I went through a lot of self introspection at that time. There's a lot of hurt people I left in my wake and if I could, I'd apologize to every single one of them. But I thought better of it and decided it'd be best if I let them do their thing. They don't need some asshole butting his nose into their business.

But I also feel like I came out of it, smarter, having learned from my mistakes. Even going as far as making new friends. You seem smart, Glow. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

tenor.gif

Thank god (and you)! I guess I'm lucky I didn't face the situation you faced (for now). It's fortunate you managed to overcome these. Just in case if I face something similar to your situation, is there any tips you can offer to overcome it? Better to be safe than sorry.

Thank god (and you)! I guess I'm lucky I didn't face the situation you faced (for now). It's fortunate you managed to overcome these. Just in case if I face something similar to your situation, is there any tips you can offer to overcome it? Better to be safe than sorry.

Feels strange to give out advice but I'm kinda flattered you're asking. I usually tend to share that story to try and show a rough time in my life that I struggled to overcome but I'm still here(physically AND mentally though the latter's been here and there. :p )

But if you want my honest to god advice, the first thing you should do is try to worry less. You're clearly picturing 'well what if the worst case scenario happens??' It ain't healthy to think like that and it's only going to wind up making you sick and paranoid in the long run. It's good to have plans in case things go south but planning for every single mess-up or when things don't end up going 100% is too much in my honest opinion.

The second bit of advice is to always cherish your friends and remember that they're here for you whenever you need them. But that doesn't make them a living soundboard. I know how fun it might be to vent to your friends or gush to them. But doing it repeatedly like I did can make you seem egocentric as if your problems are the only ones that matter. Make sure to at least try and ask your friend 'how was YOUR day' Just don't make all your convos together about you. It can and has rubbed wrong former associates of mine the wrong way and I've endeavored to try and fix that part of my personality. They're your friends not your therapist and shouldn't be burdened like one.

Third, never EVER push your friends if they say they feel uncomfortable, even if you didn't mean for it to come across that way. I made a friend feel awful after constantly mentioning things that they didn't care for even if I thought 'I don't mean it that way, sorry if you took it that way' putting the blame on THEM which is NEVER the right thing to do. If someone says you hurt them then you stop, no bs no 'i didn't mean it like the way you took it' ,none of that middle of the road bullshit. You stop and apologize. If they wanna forgive you then that's their decision, not yours.

These are all lessons/advice I'm more than willing to impart onto you. I was an idiot and didn't take these into account myself. But after going through what I did, they've become burned into my mind. To make sure nobody ends up in that same position if I or any one else can do something to help them.

But of course no matter what I typed up here says. The ultimate decision rests with you, whether or not you take it and use it.

(sorry for taking so long. making dinner)

Also just wanted to add on that this is advice that I've felt works for me/it's what I've learned from my own fuck-ups. Everybody's lives are different and thus different advice might fit different scenarios. I'm by no means a licensed advice giver. But willing to do what I can to help @GlowingEffie

Ah, thank you for the good advice. It's alright, dinner takes a long time for anyone to make, let alone the best chefs. When I make dinner it takes twenty minutes or more. Not to mention, I was eating dinner around the time you were making one.

I tend to worry too much at times (what if I end up poor, etc.). God, I have a good amount of struggles I deal with to this day! I'll take this advice to my heart since life is fickle and it doesn't always comply with your wishes (how easier life would've been if it did ). I'm very relieved that I haven't done the last two things you did yet.

I tend to worry too much at times (what if I end up poor, etc.). God, I have a good amount of struggles I deal with to this day! I'll take this advice to my heart since life is fickle and it doesn't always comply with your wishes (how easier life would've been if it did ). I'm very relieved that I haven't done the last two things you did yet.

I wish I hadn't done them either but what's done is done and I hope the people I hurt are better off.

Yeah, I think you'll do just fine, Glow. I know what it's like to worry but worrying yourself sick or to the point of paranoia doesn't help anyone, certainly not yourself. But if you need somebody in your corner, I promise I'll be here for ya

latest

Back