New User Howdy!

Omega

Hello everyone! How are you doing? I hope you're good. As you can see I'm new around this place, I hope to make new friends and join roleplays, I hope not to bother any of you. You can call me "Omega", nice to meet you all :)

Welcome to the site! Hope to see ye around, Cheers! PM any of us or hop into chat if ye have any questions

Welcome Omega!

Hope you enjoy your time here! Feel free to Pm me if you have questions.
Whats your favorite genre?

Welcome! What sorts of fantasy do you like (high, low, medieval, modern day, etc)? Also, what kinds of pacing and styles of RPs do you like? Also also, can I bother you with lots of questions?!

Welcome! What sorts of fantasy do you like (high, low, medieval, modern day, etc)? Also, what kinds of pacing and styles of RPs do you like? Also also, can I bother you with lots of questions?!
Well, I don't know the fantasy sorts, but I like all the ones in those my characters fit. I am not an expert of RP, so Idk what do you mean with pacing and styles, and yeah, bother me with lot of questions, but be careful because sometimes I don't understand :3 english is not my main language lol

Well, I don't know the fantasy sorts, but I like all the ones in those my characters fit. I am not an expert of RP, so Idk what do you mean with pacing and styles, and yeah, bother me with lot of questions, but be careful because sometimes I don't understand :3 english is not my main language lol
So high fantasy and low fantasy could be pretty easily described by what an army consists of. In high fantasy you have elves and wizards (Lord of the Rings), but in low fantasy it's just humans with swords and pikes (The Last Kingdom, Vikings, etc). Game of Thrones is contested, because while magic doesn't really show up much and most things have scientific explanations, there are still dragons and zombies (White Walkers), and some mystical things here and there, so while an RP in that world where you play a commoner would probably be low fantasy, with little to no magic or mysticism, much of the things that happen in the main plot lean more towards high fantasy.

Pacing refers to how fast time moves in games. Sometimes months pass in real life but only minutes have passed in-game since it focuses on individual interactions with each player posting a single action or line of dialogue at a time. However, some games are the opposite, and the post you make represents the actions you take for the day, month, or even year or decade! The later are often more strategy oriented games where you're building/running a kingdom, army, or something of the sort.

Styles refers to sorts of plot lines, as contrasted to genres. Genres are medieval fantasy, sci-fi, eldritch horror, etc, while styles are more like investigation, slice-of-life, road-trip, epic quest, etc.

Additionally, what sorts of settings might you like to play in? Meaning modern day, near future, far future, medieval times, etc.

(botherbotherbotherbother)

So high fantasy and low fantasy could be pretty easily described by what an army consists of. In high fantasy you have elves and wizards (Lord of the Rings), but in low fantasy it's just humans with swords and pikes (The Last Kingdom, Vikings, etc). Game of Thrones is contested, because while magic doesn't really show up much and most things have scientific explanations, there are still dragons and zombies (White Walkers), and some mystical things here and there, so while an RP in that world where you play a commoner would probably be low fantasy, with little to no magic or mysticism, much of the things that happen in the main plot lean more towards high fantasy.

Pacing refers to how fast time moves in games. Sometimes months pass in real life but only minutes have passed in-game since it focuses on individual interactions with each player posting a single action or line of dialogue at a time. However, some games are the opposite, and the post you make represents the actions you take for the day, month, or even year or decade! The later are often more strategy oriented games where you're building/running a kingdom, army, or something of the sort.

Styles refers to sorts of plot lines, as contrasted to genres. Genres are medieval fantasy, sci-fi, eldritch horror, etc, while styles are more like investigation, slice-of-life, road-trip, epic quest, etc.

Additionally, what sorts of settings might you like to play in? Meaning modern day, near future, far future, medieval times, etc.

I prefer medieval times mainly, but I like everyone, and thanks for explaining

My word, how much time and effort did you put into that, good sir? Your grandiose abundance of virulent verbage veers precariously on being bombastic!

(Translation: Too much, did not read!)

Back