New User Howdy

L

LukadaLindy

My name is Lindy, and like the prefix says - I'm a new user. Very new. Like, this will be my first official RP community new. Hope y'all don't mind, but while my introduction period is going on, I'll try and learn the ropes - and also see if this community is right for me! Hope I did this right -- LukadaLindy

I just realized I didn't provide any information on who I actually am and how I found this place. I'm a hobby writer/artist. At the moment of me posting this I haven't really made any changes to my profile, so its a little bit sad (whoops). Hopefully I get to that. But I am a college student, with a relatively busy schedule. I hope this is enough information to get to know me a little bit - if anyone's got questions for me, feel free to ask!

Welcome to STC! The writer's circle is a great place to get advice and ideas and learn more about role play writing. Hope you enjoy your time here! Everyone is really great about helping out.

Hiya Linda. Welcome to the Circle! Here's a tip from a less shiny newbie:
-No God-modding is ever allowed (I think it's a basic rule)
-Never overpower your character, or exploit loopholes in rules
-ALWAYS obey and follow established in RPs
-When creating characters, follow all limitations and restrictions (learned that the hard way)
-When in an RP, if allowed, limit yourself to at least 2-3 characters, or it'll get confusing for you
-And finally, never NEVER do anything to anger the Admins and endanger your account (A friend learned that the hard way)

Hopefully this helps you in the near future.

Ciao!

@LukadaLindy

Hey there and welcome :)

I just wanted to pop in and give you a nudge. I see that you got your introduction post up, but as of yet you haven't posted anything else. We would love to get your account approved so you can start roleplaying, so don't forget to swing through some of our other community forums and take some time to engage other users in some of our available community threads. Once you get a bit more activity under your belt, we'll be able to get your account reviewed.

In the meanwhile, welcome once again and let us know if you need assistance with anything!

___

@Tr0llz0r

-And finally, never NEVER do anything to anger the Admins and endanger your account (A friend learned that the hard way)

I found this comment a bit curious and wanted to inquire into it. We only have two admins, myself and Dashmiel, and we're both generally quite tolerant. Since Storyteller's Circle opened, we have had almost no serious infractions that required administrative intervention on an account level. I can only think of a single one, and even that user wasn't outright banned from the site.

We maintain a pretty laid back environment here, and we always do our best to encourage a sense of trust and respect between our staff and our users, rather than an environment of fear and zealous reprisals. Unless an individual is proving to be such a problem that they are overtly disrupting other peoples' ability to enjoy our website on a widespread level, it would be quite unusual for us to get involved in such a severe disciplinary manner. And when we do, we always prefer resolving things via open communication rather than jumping straight to more severe consequences. The only reasons I can think that we would take pointedly harsh action against someone's account (such as a permanent site ban) is if they blatantly ignored lesser efforts to resolve a serious situation prior to that point, or if they where outright doing something illegal.

That all said, seeing this comment piqued my curiosity.

Last edited:
Back