Icebreakers

As someone who is most often seen lurking awkwardly in the corners of any and every website and or social media platform ever, I have decided to create this thread for those of you who may not be that comfortable with replying to random threads out of the blue in order to be approved, who want to meet new people, or for anyone who just wants to have a good time (hopefully). Toootally not because I still need to be approved after several days of avoiding social interaction, ha. Aaahahaha anyways, here are some questions to get the ball, rollin a little. Feel free to add your own!

1) What's your favorite idea?
2) Do you like waffles? Do ya like pancakes?
3) Did the egg or the chicken come first?
4) On a scale of one to ten (awful to amaze) how impressed are you with my questions so far?
5) What do you look for when joining an rp?
6) What's your favorite moment during an rp?
7) Color or colour?
8) Have you got any questions?

Okay that's all for now, cya peeps later!

On second thought, I'm back. It didn't take me long at all to realize that these questions probably won't get anyone anywhere in terms of starting a conversation, but oh well. Have a cookie for your time

Flu medication.
One's square, the other's a circle, and both are delicious in maple syrup.
The evolutionary process which brought forth the chicken was a result of many successive generations of egg-bird-egg-bird. So both.
4) On a scale of one to ten (awful to amaze) how impressed are you with my questions so far?
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
An interesting idea, and the GM having some general clue as to what they are doing.
There are many moments, uplifting and sorrowful, that make any story a lovely thing to craft.
7) Color or colour?
Colour, like the Queen proper!
Why are you so quick to defeat yourself? Some of us are simply old you know, not so fast to reply, spending much time thinking.

The idea of happiness.
I mean... They both kinda taste the same...
The egg. Chicken is for dinner.
Pink Otter Rave Party / 10
Cute girls (Just kidding, I'm just looking for a major time killer.)
When Trace got Tor, or when Sola had PTSD (although that wasn't canon.)
Also nobody is gonna understand those. _.
7) Color or colour?
Colour.
Nope :3

eee.gif

Changes depending on my mood. If those waffles with syrup on the inside still existed though I'd be saying Waffles, no contest.

The egg, and whatever laid the egg was a ancestor of what we today know as Chickens.
Then again, Evolution isn't that definitive on where precisely a species changes, we just have general areas.

Six. Some interesting questions, but not enough shit posting.

Invitation and/or Friends already in it.
Otherwise? An interesting premise, GM seems relatively organised, and not too strict about min-max post requirements.

When people just go nuts and do whatever seems the most epic.

7) Color or colour?
Colour! Everyone but America spells it with a 'u' you damn Americans! >:[

What is so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?

"Why are you so quick to defeat yourself? Some of us are simply old you know, not so fast to reply, spending much time thinking."
This was mostly because I realised the majority if the questions weren't open questions, therefore had limited answers and wouldn't be the best in terms of finding something interesting to talk about. Shrugs nonchalantly

"What's so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?"
A cool cat with sunglasses in the summer heat snacking on a hotdog and lemonade :3

1) The idea that everyone is treated equal no matter what age, race, or gender.

2) I like waffles and pancakes, but prefer pancakes.

3) Hmm..I'd say the chicken. I believe a superior being created that animal and it just went from there.

4)100,000 they're incredible.

5) Friendly, accepting people and good roleplay ideas with substance.

6) That moment when the suspense kicks in and you're wondering what your partner is going to say next.

7) Color...

8) Nope, not really.

If everyone in the world was able to empathize with each other the world would be a better place. (I can dream darn it!)

I like both, especially with Maple Syrup, but Waffles have more crunch, and I like crunch with my breakfast.

If you follow evolutionary theory, like I do, the egg came first since creatures that laid eggs were around long before the chicken.

I'd say about an 8. Not the most hyper amazing glorious questions I've seen, but they're fun to answer.

Character Interaction. I'm fascinated with observing how people interact with each other and how those interactions develop said characters.

Call me a sap if you want, but I love it when a romance develops in game. I'm a hopeless romantic I'm sorry

7) Color or colour?

I'm American so Color. 'Merica F*** Yeah!!

What's your favorite color? Mine's red.

Sloths that can move upwards of 35mph. Like, how terrifying would that be?

Waffles are just barely better.

Irrelevant, they are both delicious.

Six

High activity

Anytime one of my villains dies.

7) Color or colour?
Color, because the "u" stands for "ur spelling color wrong"

If light is the fastest thing in the universe, why is darkness always there first?

"What's your favorite color?"
My favorite colours are any shade of blue green (turquoise, teal, cool mint, you name it) and grey... or gray? (Goshdarnit idk >:v )

"If light is the fastest thing in the universe, why is darkness always there first?"
Lmao nice question. Ngl, my first response was " I have absolutely no clue whatsoever, gj for blowing my mind", but now that I think about it, darkness is simply a lack of light, so it's always there whether you like it or not (ah crap that's so edgy, I didn't mean for that to happen haha), kinda like painting 'cause you can't see the white of the paper under the pretty colours, but you know it's there. It's really just a matter of where the light goes and not how fast it travels, I mean, no matter how fast you try to run, you're never gonna be able to get from point a to point b if there's something in between blocking you. Buuuuuut hey, I'm thinking too much about it. :U

The idea of running with it. No matter what. I like routine and planning. Sometimes it's just nice to change tactic and go with the flow because life's too short for anything else.
"And in the morning, I'm making waffles!" (Donkey, Shrek) Love waffles, particularly Stroopwafels, and even better if I'm eating them freshly made. Om nom nom nom. Pancakes I do like and will eat, with maple syrup. Not so hot on Belgian Waffles though. You can have those.
I suppose in one fantastical and nonsensical way, the big bang was just an explosive hello coming out of its egg... I dunno, too much time has suffered on that tricksy question.​

7, stroopwafel.​

Something that engages, challenges, forces me to step up and not step down too often. I love reading so I love a good sized post but I do prefer quality over quantity. I would rather have an in-depth paragraph than four spaced ones. Basically, I would just love to be able to respond in kind to it. How others see the world translates into what they write. It's very interesting.​

Counting how many times one of my characters has been hit in the head, or has had something happen to his head. I feel sorry for him!​

7) Color or colour?
@Silence It's like this person knew I was coming. I'm freaked out by this. Alas! To answer your question, colour because I grew up with a British education.​

Nutella (or other chocolate spread) or Peanut Butter?​

That humanity has the possibility to be both great and terrible all at once.
yes. and yes.
we may never know...
solid 8.5
Good company and even better conversation. Quality storytelling rather than short bits, with good character dynamics. teamwork makes the dreamwork.
During romance, an action scene, or basically anytime the plot moves toward a point and everyone has a good rhythm going.
7) Color or colour?
color ofc
nahhhh

7) Color or colour?

Okay that's all for now, cya peeps later!

1) Usually whatever I'm planning for dinner...
2) Haven't had waffles for ages. Pancakes: I like home made buckwheat pancakes with melty butter and just a hint of real maple syrup. I also like savory Indian uttapam pancakes with tomato, onion and curry leaves (and butter or ghee). My favorite breakfast, however, involves eggs.
3) Evolutionarily speaking, the egg came first, as reptiles were doing eggs before chickens came along.
4) Hmmm, not saying... 6 or 7?
5) An interesting storyline, possibility for character development, interactions with other characters are handled in a sense of fun and discovery, the backstory isn't terribly long and involved before I join up (I have a terrible memory unless I'm actively involved with the story from an early point).
6) Probably several of them, but I actively enjoy a good creative death scene. (This doesn't mean I plan to die off in RPs I join - just when it's appropriate.)
7) Color. Well, unless I'm RPing a member of the British Commonwealth.
8) Yes. What kind of questions do you want? (ducking...)

1.) Either philosophical absurdism or Dukkha.
2.) Yes, I like Waffles. Yes, I like Pancakes. Doot doo-doo-doot doo-doo-doot doo-doo-doot-do-do
3.) I don't want to give out private information like that. I'll just say they're seeing a doctor about it and will try to think of baseball from now on.
4.) More than a "hunh" but less than a "very nice"
5.) Good character interaction is really what rp is all about. Though, I also have a real soft spot for highly convoluted, incomprehensible, mind-bending stories.
6.) When everyone is on the same page and the words just roll smoothly. Also when the cumulation of all your hard worked plans finally comes together... or horribly falls apart.
7.) Color. Just like the Romans did. The silly Brits don't know that they are just copying the French.
8.) An open ended one: "Why?"

Fav color is brown or forrest green.
As for theanswer to the hot/cold question:an oxymoron

Last edited:
I like the idea of being organized. Does it happen? Not usually.

Not a particular fan of either.

One of my favorite questions cause either way you answer you're wrong. So I'll just jump out there and say the chicken.

Creativity get a level of about 5. For impression, 7 and that's why I'm answering them.

A good writer.

When somebody has a sense of humor and it comes out sideways.

7) Color or colour?
Depends on the day. I spell it either way.

Who here hates Barney? Remember not to hurt his feelings cause he loves you and thinks you love him.

@Blarpy whatsit @Lux @Meliodas @GoddessLuna
My favorite idea i am not sure how to answer that, my favorite thing to think about would be consciousness and the multiverse theory.
I am a waffle person.
well if it is actually a decedent of the t-rex i think a more appropriate question would be did the t-rex or the egg come first? the chicken was born via evolution.
8, pretty good :eek:
Diversity, creativeness, originality.
Philosophical discussions with an enemy during our battle.
7) Color or colour?
Color, i am American.
Who is your favorite author ?

Green technology

Yes to both, but they're pretty similar. Pancakes are less crispy, therefore beter.

The chicken. The egg requires proteins only found in its species.

Probably a six? They're pretty fun.

A well-developed world and/or plot.

I've only been in two, so I'm not sure.

7) Color or colour?
Color. I'm a godless American cur.

Nah

Nutella (or other chocolate spread) or Peanut Butter?
Peanut butter, surprisingly. Unless of course you mix both peanut butter and chocolate spread (or regular melted dark chocolate) together in a bowl with cornflakes and other cereals of every kind and you shape em into little spheres (or as close as you can get haha) and chuck em into the freezer and when you take em out wowzers you have snacks! Totally not ashamed of this crappy recipe that I use all the time haha.

What kind of questions do you want? (ducking...)
Open questions that other people can answer if they want to I guess. Or just anything you want answers to, like if you need advice or something like that. Ooor just anything random that pops up in your head that people might enjoy answering.

An open ended one: "Why?"
I could answer this in a multitude of ways, but it seems like I've wasted my chance by talking about how I could answer this question, which upsets me a little.

Who here hates Barney?
I can't say that I hate Barney, since I watched the show a lot as a toddler, but eh, I don't give that dinosaur much thought these days.

Who is your favorite author?
Ooh good question. To which my answer is "I actually don't know". I think it's because of how much I like reading that I don't know who my favoutite author is, since everyone writes in their own unique way. When I was younger, though, I think I would've said Lemony Snicket, since I loved his books as a child. There's just something about them that stood out when I was younger ig. That's not to say that the books I read now aren't as good as 'a series of unfortunate events' or 'all the wrong questions' though, haha. You can find some really good reads in the most unexpected places if you ask me, but you didn't, so I'll save that for later ;3

Music! Such a great idea!

Do you like french toast?

Uhhh... I'd say the egg. I mean, non-chicken animals probably mutated into the animal that could lay an egg, thus a chicken! I'm not good at this, am I?

10/10 Top notch. Would be questioned again.

Interesting characters, mainly. This is my first RP experience (when it gets to websites), but I've always been intrigued by how some people can come up with such amazing personalities!

We'll see about that, won't we? :)

7) Color or colour?
I mix it! I've learned English mainly from video games (and most of them used American English), but I've had to re-learn some words in school, so I often spice it up and do what I do best: Be inconsistent!

What do you like about dragons? The cute puppy eyes of impending doom? The uncomfortably hot breath? I'm curious. Asking for a friend. I think I just out-awkwarded you by a mile.

Do you like french toast?
I actually kinda don't know? Haha it's been a while since I've had any, so I can't really say.

What do you like about dragons? The cute puppy eyes of impending doom? The uncomfortably hot breath?
Arrgshhaka dragons!! I think my favorite part of a dragon is actually how you can interpret one. Some are seen as dangerous creatures that are meant to be feared and protected against, while others are just cute smol companion friends (guess which kind I like :>). It's pretty intriguing to see a creature that receives so many mixed opinions, and look at how other people see them from their point of view. You can even see differences in the dragons that appear in myths and folklore from different countries, but that's almost a topic on its own. I also like how a person can take them in such different directions depending on the context and what the dragon's purpose in a story is in the first place. Theeen there are the individual traits of each dragon (boio this may take longer than expected. Sorry for rambling, I'm just kinda hyped haha), like the number of wings and how large they are and their abilities like fire breathing or insane speed or enhanced senses or tough skin scale whatsits and if I even begin to elaborate on any of these, we're gonna be stuck here until tomorrow, so I think I'll stop now. Anyways, I hope this helped!

Back