In Love..

P

Potato

I love you....she said in between breaths as their lips met. She couldn't believe she was finally getting to see him after so long, the waiting and anticipation was practically killing her. His arms enveloped her into the biggest hug, being 5'9 he made her look like a small teddy bear, she was only 5'3. Especially when he wore his camo hoodie, she never understood the sense of style that her boyfriend had when it came to fashion. She was practically melting into his chocolate brown eyes, they had the exact same eye color but his brown was so much better. "Robert.." she sighed, he smiled his goofy smile that she adored so much and slid his fingers threw his crew cut black hair, "How was flying for the first time?" He pressed his forehead against hers, the warmness of his dark tanned skin on her lightly tanned skin made her shiver. He still had his arms wrapped around her waist as he said, "It was a bit scarier than I thought it was going to be." She smiled, she loved the honest part about him, " I'm just glad i won't have to do that again till the holidays when i go back to see my family. My mom says hi by the way, she can't wait to meet the person who got me to move states." he smiled his goofy smile again. She felt bad that he left everything behind so that they could be together but she was never selfish until it came to him. She bit her bottom lip and looked away, "You're sure about this, right? I mean there's no going back after this, well there is but you know what i mean you're here and i don't want you to regret it. Regret coming here and end up hating me and.." she was cut off by his lips pressing against her. " I don't regret anything. I won't regret anything. I won't regret you. I love you, booty butt." There was that goofy smile again. Ugh. She was never going to get used to that smile. She felt a small tingle in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "I'm so glad you're here." Booty butt was a nickname he had given her when they were a few months into their relationship. His reasoning for the random nickname was a shrug, smile and, "It fits you", that alone was enough for it to stick. She grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers together, "Feels good to finally be able to do this with you." she said as she squeezed his hand. "Lets go, i parked the car over here." She reached for some of his luggage but he immediately snatched it away, "I got it baby." She pouted, but he didn't budge on letting her help, he swung his dark purple duffel bag on his shoulder and dragged his large black suitcase behind him without letting her hand go. She gave up and led him to her 2014 blue Nissan Sentra, clicking the small black button to open the trunk. He tossed his luggage in and they both hopped in, she handed him the aux cord, "Pick the music?" she said as the engine roared to life. She maneuvered her way out of the parking lot as the sound of Starving, by Hailee Steinfeld filled the car. She instantly smiled, this had become their song since the beginning of their relationship. She had heard it on the radio and instantly thought of Robert, she honestly thought she was being cute by mentioning the song to him but she hadn't bothered to actually look up the video online. Apparently the song was slightly made fun of for sounding like the singer wanted food really badly. She could still hear his laughter when he began reading the comments, each one having a clever remark on how she needed to eat some food if she was starving. She began humming the song, "Baby, sing it if you want to. Don't hold back, I want to hear you sing." she shook her head, "No way!" He rolled his eyes, "You sang all the time when we were on the phone and in parties, every time you snapped Pandora and a song you like would pop up you would start singing, whats the big deal now?" He's right, she swallowed her embarrassment and started singing in a low voice, he belt out singing along to the song as well, she laughed and the embarrassment slipped away slowly. She let herself get comfortable and sing along with him, they spent the better part of the trip to her apartment singing along to random songs..

Back