New User Into The New

SKaZer0

fides en lucius dei
I couldn't decide on what to name this introduction, I knew I wanted something at least decent therefore I came up with that haha. Hello to everyone, I'm SkaZer0. You can call me Ska or Zero if you like or all of my username it's what best suits you. I'm new to these waters but in time I hope to make this place my permanent roleplay home after having no luck finding others. Although new here, I have fell victim to the roleplay syndrome for fourteen years dabbling in fantasy, science fiction, modern, modern fantasy, horror, the supernatural, and others. I can't say I have any favorites as my excitement comes from the story itself instead of the genre.

I enjoy plotting, creating a character where the world comes together shortly after. I also have fun making up a world before putting characters in it. I have an assortment of ideas surging through me at this moment so when I am given the chance I'll be sure to put them down.

On the side I play videogames, a part of what gives me some ideas. I just finished Tales of Berseria. I've only played Tales of Destiny and some of Vesperia so I can't call myself a huge fan though Berseria impressed me a lot. I heard it was a prequel to Tales of Zestiria which I have not played. I did complete final fantasy xv, great game, there should have been more I feel.

I think I'll just end my intro here. If you have some questions or anything ask me other than that I'll be looking around.

Hi, welcome to STC! With as diverse of an interest in genres and storyline, I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here. Be sure to ask if you have any questions. Enjoy your stay!

From your intro I'm wondering if you're a narrativist! Are you the type to sacrifice your character because it makes such a great conclusion to their personal storyline?

Yes I will, I have actually. It became part of a plot twist I had in mind. My character sacrificed himself to stay behind with the enemy so his comrades could escape. I felt that he had experienced enough, seen enough, and done enough that this point in time he could feel at peace with his decision. Although it was hard for me I too came to terms with it.

A really great book called The Roleplayer's Bible talks about three types of players: The Gamist, The Simulationist, and The Narrativist. Gamists care about numbers, points, kills, etc. Tangible, quantifiable information. Simulationists live vicariously through their characters. Their every success and failure is their own. Lastly, Narrativists care solely for the storyline. Their character is only their window into the plot, and they care more about the story being interesting than their character being happy. Obviously, most people are different mixes of these, but Narrativists are pretty rare outside of forum RP, from what I've seen.

That's interesting. I don't think I'm a Narrativist, much I guess. While I do love making a story interesting, I do care about the feelings of my characters that's what makes writing or roleplaying great.

Back