New User Introduction Thread

Hi, I just found out about this site by searching online role-playing forums, and Storyteller's Circle came out as the rank 1 rp site on www.toprpsites.com. I've recently been introduced to rp game through youtube channels like Puffin Forest, Bite Sized Party, and Cloak and Dagger. After spending the last two hours listening to a guy tell stories about his rp games, I decided that I wanted to get some of that action.

I have spent a few years stalking the Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity quest forums, but I am otherwise a compleat noob. The closest I ever got to rp games was trying to start a D&D group at my highschool, but my local hobby store apparently stopped stocking D&D stuff, so that was a flop.

Uh, I don't really know what else I'm supposed to put on here, so this will be it, I guess. Thanks.

Welcome! This sounds like just the place for you. Rping is like DnD crack. You'll love it. Hope you enjoy yourself. See you around :)

Howdy ho, stranger! No worries, plenty of people are entirely new to RPing when they first get here. We have lots of friendly folks who can answer your questions, as well as a few excellent guides by site staff and veterans. Your account will first need to be approved before you can post in the Role-Playing forums, but you can speed this along by making posts in the Main Lobby and Creative Writing forums, as well as here in your intro thread. If you have any questions, feel free to post in the Help forum or just pop into the site chat to ask a quick question to whoever's hanging around.

Back