New User Introductions...

Hello everyone! I’m SilverBirdee... I gained a love for online, written RPGs when I was about 10 years old. I wrote daily on several different forums (many of which were embedded in different games) and around the time I was 12 met my favourite RPG buddy ever. Not long after we started RPGing exclusively with one another over text. I’m 23 now and she’s going to be a bridesmaid in my wedding next year!
Anyway... we haven’t been writing in several years. I’ve played D&D a lot to fill in the gaps but don’t have a group to play with, so I’ve got no creative outlet right now. I miss it, so I thought I’d hop in and try to get back to it! Can’t say I’ll be much good to start but I’m really hoping to have fun and create storylines again!
I’m on Central Standard Time, if that matters.
Thank you for welcoming me into your forums!

Thanks!
I started playing in high school but didn’t really get into it until the end of college. It’s a fantastic outlet for exploring all kinds of things! But writing can be too :)

Welcome to the site! Man, you've been writing for quite a while, way longer than I have been, that's for sure. As for wanting to get back into writing, this is the place! We've got a lot of stuff to do here; something for everyone. You want it, there is probably a thread for it, either in the Bulletin Board, or in the Epic RolePlay Forums. And if there isn't, you can always create a Looking For Group for what you specifically want, or get in contact with someone and set something up. I know that there are plenty of people that like to do DnD style roleplays.

So, are you looking for smaller, more personal roleplays with a small group of select people, or are you more looking for bigger roleplays, with overarching narratives and stories?

Central Standard Time for the win

So, are you looking for smaller, more personal roleplays with a small group of select people, or are you more looking for bigger roleplays, with overarching narratives and stories?

Central Standard Time for the win

Yeahhhh I’ve been writing for at least thirteen years! Crazy to think this all started with the Warrior Cats when I was a child! (laugh cry emoji)

Preferably the smaller ones! At least to start. I also wanted to know what the rules are on adult/sexual content. I haven’t explored the entire website yet (idk if I’ll ever have time to explore the ENTIRE website!) so idk if there’s a forum on it.

edit: I found the rules forum:emoji_grin:

Last edited:
Yeahhhh I’ve been writing for at least thirteen years! Crazy to think this all started with the Warrior Cats when I was a child! (laugh cry emoji)

Preferably the smaller ones! At least to start. I also wanted to know what the rules are on adult/sexual content. I haven’t explored the entire website yet (idk if I’ll ever have time to explore the ENTIRE website!) so idk if there’s a forum on it.

edit: I found the rules forum:emoji_grin:

I started with a wolf pack instead hah, I think there's a rp like that active at the moment. Or used to be active.
Glad you found the rules, feel free to do some interaction with forum games or the creative forums and subforums. Best way to get accepted.

Hey there and welcome :)

Just popping in real quick to ask if you were able to find the answers you were looking for regarding our adult content guidelines with the rules page, or if you still had any questions.

@Tiko I found it! R-ratings OK but nothing beyond. That’s fine with me! If I ever want to go deeper into content like that with a specific person we’ll find a private platform on which to do it. Thanks!

@SilverBirdee Yeah, that is a long time, definitely a lot longer than I have. A lot of older RPers tell me about the dark days of Yahoo! Chat. I am fortunate to have never encountered that.

As for getting you started, if you prefer smaller threads, I would definitely go check out the Bulletin Board and the 1x1 Bulletin Board. I frequent that place a lot, since I also mainly do smaller roleplays, though I do sometimes expand out into bigger groups. It's a great place for getting started and seeing what the site is like. Bulletin Board is probably one of my favorite places, hands down.

As for adult/sexual content, as long as you don't start going into actual smut, you should be good.

So, what types of genres are you into? What do you consider that you're best at writing?

I love D&D style fantasy, and I’m definitely best at writing dark characters. Give me a tragic backstory and a wizard to rob and I’m in heaven. Of course, last time I did that it was in an actual D&D game but I’m sure I can rock it in writing as well :emoji_sweat_smile: That’s more of the adult content I’m worried about, as a character I’d love to play is one who was raised in a brothel serving food and drinks and being told she’d be a fine specimen once she was a little older. Just wanted to see if this was an okay place for content like that, as the last group I played with in person wasn’t into it. But that’s not beyond an R rating so we’re good!

@SilverBirdee

Well you're in luck, plenty of people here like writing fantasy stuff! There's a lot of stuff like that on the Bulletin Board, since it's such a popular category.

Ooh, another dark enthusiast. I myself like writing dark characters, as well. I'm best at writing psychological horror type stuff, but I'm pretty good at writing in any category or genre, to be honest. And yeah, if you could watch it in a movie theater, you will be good. I've seen plenty of people write characters from brothels.

If you need anything, just send me or anyone else here a message!

Back