New User it's ya boi, comic.

comic

this is my third site. unless you count various discord servers that are roleplay-focused, then that makes Storyteller's Circle my fifth stop. i'm no stranger to roleplaying or writing, been doing it for years. it all started in my youth when i wrote an entire book in a composition notebook at the age of seven, which was a complete retelling of Halo: Combat Evolved, but instead my friends and i were in it. no idea what happened to that book, mind you.
then i got into the Harry Potter series, which was a real segue into the world of creative writing for me. my first experience on a roleplaying site was back in 8th grade when i took an interest in the site known as ChooseYourStory (CYS for short). i was active there for a little, but nothing ever came of my time there, and i eventually moved on to Pokécharms, which was a lot like this site at first glance. i screwed around there for most of high school, crafting my art, but certain, vague rules led me to drop it. well, that and a rather uh... tyrannical admin. i won't rant about it, though, so don't worry your pretty head 'bout that.

i bounced around discord for a while, made friends, lost friends, but one thing has always stayed with me throughout it all. a thirst to write and express my creativity. engage in topics that excite me. and while i could just settle on writing solo (as i am currently doing with a personal project of mine), i've found that roleplaying, or 'community writing' in other terms, has a crap ton of appeal to me. i like being able to create a world full of unique characters, difficult challenges, and a planned plot, with other people. to share that is an amazing experience for me.
for this past half year, all involvement i've had in other projects has become dead, for lack of better terms. i became one of the only people making an effort to continue these stories. i became one of the only people who actually cared. eventually, i was forced into complete leadership over a dead project. a really big project mind you. ambitious as hell, and kind of crazy. we even have our own website dedicated to it. this was known as the Convergence series. a trilogy consisting of an amalgamation of... literally anything. for example, my cast of characters was one of the largest, with the likes of Master Chief, the Winchester brothers, a few Mortal Kombat characters, Doom Slayer, a few Undertale characters, plenty of Homestuck characters, and that's just scratching the surface. i'd even recently claimed Peter B. Parker from Spider-Verse onto my roster. however, due to me being the only person making an effort, it became too stressful for me. after much consideration, i decided i needed to move on to greener pastures. i'm in search of a place where i can roleplay like i used to. for fun. i don't expect any roleplays i become a part of here to take off and become something. i've been a part of hundreds of roleplays that never got past the first few posts. but i think it'd be nice if i could find a new group of friends who actively roleplay. a place where i can express my creative ideas without having to wait for months on end for anything to happen. because that's how long i was waiting for any progress. it was time i moved on. so here i am.

i wouldn't say i'm exactly a great roleplayer. i've got skill and experience, however. so i'm definitely not new to this. and in case you were disliking my general lack of capitalization to most things, please don't mind that. i developed a persona a long time ago that has stuck with me through the years. you can probably tell what that persona is with a quick glance at my pfp. however, this is OORP. IRP, i do use proper capitalization, alongside punctuation, and i make an effort to not make any grammatical mistakes, but i can get a little carried away with an exciting post and make a few mistakes, as i'm sure most people do (i might have a bad habit of not revising my post before sending).
anyway, i'm sure this introductory for yours truly is probably too big at this point. but i don't really want to leave anything out. i want you to understand why i'm here, and what i seek. i've been scoping this place out for a bit, and i think it can give me what i desire. a comfortable, active roleplaying environment. so here i am, ready to make a splash. or something less noticeable. depends how i feel.
just in case there's any thoughts about what i'm exactly into, and what i could fit into rp-wise, i'll go ahead and spit out some of my personal favorite things.

The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Breaking Bad, The Witcher, Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Craft, Halo, Doom, Mass Effect, Undertale, Homestuck, Metal Gear, Super Smash Bros., Halo, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Half-Life, RWBY, Dragon Ball, Alien, Predator, AvP, Halo, Mortal Kombat, Marvel, DC, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Portal, SCP, Pokemon, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, and did i mention Halo? those are just some of my favorite franchises. as you can see, i'm pretty diverse. i love just about any and every genre.
anyway, big boi intros aside, i hope ya'll will accept me into this community, as i do hope to become a contributing member.

Hey there and welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

We have a roleplay here called the Convergence Series also. It's a conglomeration of fan-fiction universes I believe. Might be right up your alley. With your line-up of interests though, you shouldn't have any trouble finding some roleplay partners here in general.

Hopefully you find the place to your liking :)

Let us know if you need any help finding anything or if you have any questions. There's usually no shortage of helpful people nearby.

Thanks.

Also, yeah, I did notice that Convergence series and I was like; 'well hot damn, they even have their own convergence', though the one here doesn't mostly consist of copyrighted characters lol.

Welcome to STC Comic!!
I saw you like Star Trek and I am forever Loving It, (Since Deep Space Nine)
If you do need help please ask though!!

Back