JoJo's Bizarre Roleplay: Stairway to Heaven [5/5]

Griffith

good old-fashioned loverboy
「♛JoJo's Bizarre Roleplay: Stairway to Heaven
why did I make this

Premise

Your story begins in a small town bordering the neighbouring Q-city. You are a resident of the town, and you attend the local high school. Life here is relatively quiet and slow.

Unfortunately for you, the universe rarely remains as simple as that. The day your woes began is the morning when you woke up to find that seemingly no one remembers or notices your existence. You've lost your identity card, your passport, and anything to identify you with. The school records do not have your name, your friends don't recognise you, and the national ID number you were assigned now belongs to another person. It's almost as if you've never existed in this universe.

While you drift around the town with no identity, you notice that people don't seem to notice or care that you don't exist. The security guard at school lets you in without your ID and the teacher doesn't question your lack of uniform when you sit in for classes. The canteen vendors don't seem to notice when you buy food without money and the bus conductors let you ride without a pass. When you try to interact with them, however, they don't notice your presence in the slightest. It's almost as if you're stuck in a bad dream, only one that's been persistently plaguing you for the past few weeks and shows no signs of stopping.

The oddities don't stop there. A few weeks after you first woke up in this strange timeline, you found that you are able to summon a mysterious being possessing of certain abilities at will - a stand. You innately understand how your stand functions, without having been instructed. Curiously, the stand seems to be invisible to everyone else. You start to think that you are the one with a stand until one day, inexplicably, you met another stand user, and another, until you learn of the existence of a small group of stand users within your school. While they are a diverse group, their stories are nearly identical- they were students that woke up one day and found that their existence was wiped clean away, and soon after developed their own stands.

Within this group, questions soon started arising- how did something this bizarre happen? Was there anyone behind it? Is there any way for everything to return to the way it was, or are you doomed to remain in this nightmare forever?

tl;dr: dude want a quiet life. dude wakes up without an identity and gets a stand. dude finds out there's other dudes like them and try to solve their problem together.

There's going to be globe-trotting, bizarre shenanigans, and no visible end in sight, because I'm bad at plotting. Take this half-cobbled plot from me and tell me if anyone is interested. If there's enough people interested I'll post a character sheet soon.

OOC THREAD HERE
http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/jojos-bizarre-roleplay-stairway-to-heaven-ooc-thread.4230/

ps. Don't be intimidated because it's JoJo. You don't need an extensive knowledge of JoJo because 1) this isn't related to canon in the slightest except for stands and 2) JoJo is actually pretty inconsistent so don't bamboozle yourself too much with the details. Just read the wiki and understand how stands work.

Last edited:
HELLO THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS

the concept seems super interesting and I'm totally down for this

Here's the character sheet.

General Details

Name:
(Freshman/sophomore/junior/senior)
Physical Appearance:
Personality:

Stand Details

Name:
Statistics:

• Destructive Power:
  • Speed:
  • Range:
  • Durability:
  • Precision:
  • Developmental Potential:
Stand Ability:

Note: due to the nature of this roleplay, I will be moderating stand power to prevent any broken and overpowered stands.

Cool! I'd like to be a part of this.

A quick question, though, what do you mean by developmental potential? My guess was that it's hard to get new skills from your stand if the potential is low. And can we just make any name?

Cool! I'd like to be a part of this.

A quick question, though, what do you mean by developmental potential? My guess was that it's hard to get new skills from your stand if the potential is low. And can we just make any name?
I'm glad you asked!

Developmental Potential usually refers to if all aspects of your stand has been explored and you have fully discovered the capabilities of your stand. While you know what your stand ability controls, often times you do not fully recognise its full capability. I would give an example, but it's spoilerish, so just search up Jotaro's stand, Star Platinum, on the JoJo wiki if you don't mind being spoiled for the ending of part 3. It'll explain what I mean by 'undiscovered potential'. Another example would be Koichi's stand, Echoes.

In JoJo, the tradition is to name your stand after a band or a song. This applies to basically every stand after Part 3. So go wild with the musical references!

So, on the character sheet, it would work like this if the character didn't fully understand the power?

Developmental Potential: Not fully tapped.

Something like that?

So, on the character sheet, it would work like this if the character didn't fully understand the power?

Developmental Potential: Not fully tapped.

Something like that?
It's actually graded from A-E, as is the rest of the statistics. So if your character doesn't know how to control their stand yet, or if the stand has some sort of hidden ability, developmental potential would be A. If let's say they're completely in control of their stand or if there's no aspect of their stand that can be explored, developmental potential will be E.

I'll link you to the Wiki for stand stats: http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand_Parameters#Stand_Parameters
This should help you understand what to do.

Cheers!

also , what country is this set in?
I've never actually given too much thought about it, but when I had this idea I based the setting off Morioh. So Japan it is. Though, you can make characters of other nationalities. You'll just have to justify what they're doing in a Japanese town.

Name: Kurosawa Moriko (in eastern order)
Age / Year: (Freshman/sophomore/junior/senior)
Physical Appearance: Moriko is a short, chubby and pale-skinned young lady. She has dark auburn hair pulled into a single braided ponytail that hangs midway down her back. A green heart-shaped hair clip clover secures her bangs from her face. She is generally dressed in her school’s uniform with a dark purple cardigan around her waist.

Personality:
Moriko has a quiet disposition and a tendency to switch between moods at the drop of a hat. One moment, she’s calm and mellow, the next moment she could be steaming mad. Making decisive choices isn’t her strong suit either. The one thing that stays constant though is her general helpfulness and sympathy towards others. She can be a little bit of a stickler for rules sometimes.

Stand Details

Name: Grow For Me
Statistics:

• Destructive Power: C
  • Speed: B
  • Range: B
  • Durability: C
  • Precision: D
  • Developmental Potential: B
Stand Ability: The stand Grow For Me allows the user to generate and accelerate plant growth in the presence of any type of organic matter.

Last edited:
Name: Kurosawa Moriko (in eastern order)
Age / Year: (Freshman/sophomore/junior/senior)
Physical Appearance: Moriko is a short, chubby and pale-skinned young lady. She has dark auburn hair pulled into a single braided ponytail that hangs midway down her back. A green heart-shaped hair clip clover secures her bangs from her face. She is generally dressed in her school’s uniform with a dark purple cardigan around her waist.

Personality:
Moriko has a quiet disposition and a tendency to switch between moods at the drop of a hat. One moment, she’s calm and mellow, the next moment she could be steaming mad. Making decisive choices isn’t her strong suit either. The one thing that stays constant though is her general helpfulness and sympathy towards others. She can be a little bit of a stickler for rules sometimes.

Stand Details

Name: Grow For Me
Statistics:

• Destructive Power: C
  • Speed: B
  • Range: B
  • Durability: C
  • Precision: D
  • Developmental Potential: B
Stand Ability: The stand Grow For Me allows the user to generate and accelerate plant growth in the presence of any type of organic matter.

Moriko is fine as a character. I've a few questions about how her stand works, though. Firstly, what's the range of Grow for Me? You've set it as B, but I'd like a more specific answer. Secondly, what does organic matter entail? Do you mean soil, or can it just be anything of natural origin?

Also, other than accelerating plant growth, is there anything else there is to Grow For Me? Because from what you describe it seems like it just makes plants grow crazy fast. Can it control how the plants grow or something? Other than this bit, you'll be good to go.

Moriko is fine as a character. I've a few questions about how her stand works, though. Firstly, what's the range of Grow for Me? You've set it as B, but I'd like a more specific answer. Secondly, what does organic matter entail? Do you mean soil, or can it just be anything of natural origin?

Also, other than accelerating plant growth, is there anything else there is to Grow For Me? Because from what you describe it seems like it just makes plants grow crazy fast. Can it control how the plants grow or something? Other than this bit, you'll be good to go.

She can control what species of plant grows and also extent and direction of growth. Sorry , kinda vague about how the stand works. By organic, I mean stuff that can be normally used as plant substrate. As for range, I guess B would be around ...just a bit less than a kilometre?

She can control what species of plant grows and also extent and direction of growth. Sorry , kinda vague about how the stand works. By organic, I mean stuff that can be normally used as plant substrate. As for range, I guess B would be around ...just a bit less than a kilometre?
Ah, I get it. Also, if it's a kilometre then it's definitely a solid A in range. Hierophant Green's range was 100m and it had an A.

Can you amend the information and PM it to me? Thanks.

I thought up an addition last night, but it got deleted, so I'm retyping it. Let's hope this one works.

General Details

Name: Shiroki Kayo (Eastern order)
Age / Year: Sophomore
Physical Appearance: A pale, stocky girl with long black hair always tied in a messy bun. She always wears a dark grey jacket and it'll take a hell of a lot to convince her to leave it at home. Kayo has brown eyes and wears two ribbons in her hair, one blue and one red.
Personality: Kayo is a near-brutally honest girl, quiet and a loner-type but still far too willing to speak her mind. It's probably the reason for the lack of popularity. She's good at the schoolwork, but give her any homework and you shouldn't expect it passed until the deadline's nearly over. She has an interest in foreign languages and can't understand sarcasm. Or lying. Or acting against your will. Still, if she's befriended, she'd be willing to die for that friend.

Stand Details

Name: The Great Pretender
Statistics:
Destructive Power: D
Speed: C
Range: A
Durability: C
Precision: A
Developmental Potential: B
Stand Ability: The Great Pretender works by stripping someone of their inhibitions, making them start acting however they truly want to. It can, for weak-willed individuals, amplify their wishes enough that they're willing to go to hell and back for them. However, it stops after about five minutes and has a range of about whoever's in the room with Kayo and those in the surrounding rooms until about a hundred metres.

Last edited:
Back