JoJo's Bizarre Roleplay: Stairway to Heaven [5/5]

I thought up an addition last night, but it got deleted, so I'm retyping it. Let's hope this one works.

General Details

Name: Shiroki Kayo (Eastern order)
Age / Year: Sophomore
Physical Appearance: A pale, stocky girl with long black hair always tied in a messy bun. She always wears a dark grey jacket and it'll take a hell of a lot to convince her to leave it at home. Kayo has brown eyes and wears two ribbons in her hair, one blue and one red.
Personality: Kayo is a near-brutally honest girl, quiet and a loner-type but still far too willing to speak her mind. It's probably the reason for the lack of popularity. She's good at the schoolwork, but give her any homework and you shouldn't expect it passed until the deadline's nearly over. She has an interest in foreign languages and can't understand sarcasm. Or lying. Or acting against your will. Still, if she's befriended, she'd be willing to die for that friend.

Stand Details

Name: The Great Pretender
Statistics:
Destructive Power: D
Speed: C
Range: A
Durability: C
Precision: A
Developmental Potential: B
Stand Ability: The Great Pretender works by stripping someone of their inhibitions, making them start acting however they truly want to. It can, for weak-willed individuals, amplify their wishes enough that they're willing to go to hell and back for them. However, it stops after about five minutes and has a range of about whoever's in the room with Kayo. She's affected too, but to a lesser extent, as her inhibitions are weaker in general.
I like this application. Just a few minor details: the arrange shouldn't be A if the range is limited to the metaphorical room. You'll have to either downgrade the rating or increase the range. I'll also give you a stand upgrade by removing Kayo's handicap when she utilises her stand. Other than that everything looks fine, I'll add your character in after the amendments. Thanks!

General Details

Name: Hiroi Makoto (広井 誠)

Age / Year: 18/Senior

Physical Appearance: Makoto is tall and lanky, all skin and bones and sharp angles. Messy grey hair falls over his face in locks, and he has black eyes that always looks clouded over, giving him an absent-minded appearance. He always has a pair of customised headphones around his neck- neon blue and studded with red ornaments. Although it looks striking, no one knows whether it's functional or for decoration purposes only.

Carelessness characterises Makoto's general appearance. His school uniform is always untucked, buttons mismatched, belt unbuckled and laces undone. He's always dropping and picking up more accessories, but his general appearance retains the same disorganisation.

Personality: As his appearance reflects, Makoto is very absent-minded. He spends a lot of time in his own world and spacing out, even when other people are talking to him. Because of this, he's not generally liked around school, and spends most of his time alone being known as the ditzy airhead. In his headspace, however, Makoto hides a surprisingly decent amount of intelligence and sensitivity. He's more perceptive than more people give him credit for, though obviously he doesn't show it. Despite the facade that he puts on for show, he is willing to open himself up to those who actually want to befriend him.

Stand Details

Name: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Statistics:
  • Destructive Power: C
  • Speed: C
  • Range: B
  • Durability: A
  • Precision: E
  • Developmental Potential: B
Stand Ability:
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds allows Makoto to create an invisible cloud of about 15 meters in radius around him. Within this radius, people become dissociated from reality, remove from their emotions and attachments. In this state, they essentially function as zombies , unperceptive and unreceptive to any stimuli around them - like if they were high as a kite. This stand affects everyone indiscriminately and Makoto cannot control who to affect specifically in his cloud as of yet.

Apologies if this is doubleposting. I really need to figure out why the hell my phone won't show it when I try to post.

I edited the application. It's a bit late, but I just got home from school, so that's that.

Name: Sakai Akira

Age / Year: Junior

Physical Appearance: Akira is a tall, athletic boy with black hair he keeps tied back in a short ponytail, and bangs that fall over his eyes. Very handsome, with striking green eyes, he used to wear his school uniform properly, but now leaves his blazer at home and wears his tie loose, rolling up his sleeves. He's usually smiling.

Personality: Akira is a charismatic, handsome young man, and he knows it. People tend to flock to him for his enigmatic past and smirking charm. He is, or was, that kind of boy who moves into a new school and immediately becomes class rep and starts dating the most popular girl there, though there are rumours that he got kicked out of his last school for some dangerous act. Very intelligent, Akira uses this to manipulate people and his environment to his own ends. He's a good judge of character, and knows how to use this to get his way. This means teaching himself skills that will get him ahead, befriending the right people, complimenting the right teachers. He doesn't particularly care if people like him, though he does like having friends around to keep him entertained. While he is manipulative and calculating, he has a good sense of humour and an easy going nature that makes him easy to talk to and get along with-the reason people ignore the darker rumours he makes no effort to correct.

Stand Details

Name: White Winter Hymnal

Statistics:
  • Destructive Power: B
  • Speed: B
  • Range: C
  • Durability: C
  • Precision: A
  • Developmental Potential: C
Stand Ability:
White Winter Hymnal can essentially create snowfall, from very light to a full on blizzard. The damage that this snowfall can do is also able to be adjusted-it can be as light and fluffy as a cute winter date, or it can hit with such a force of sharp edged snowflakes that deal serious physical damage to Akira's enemies. Often all that can be seen within White Winter Hymnal's snowstorm is a blinding sheet of white and blooming bloodstains.
Akira has practised the precision of this to such an extent that he can have a single snowflake cause damage while all the others are light, can have a blizzard in one corner and a snowman in the other, as well as other cute tricks like instant snowball making. He is ever increasing this control so he doesn't accidentally make it snow dangerflakes whenever he gets in a mood.

Last edited:
Name: Sakai Akira

Age / Year: Junior

Physical Appearance: Akira is a tall, athletic boy with black hair he keeps tied back in a short ponytail, and bangs that fall over his eyes. Very handsome, with striking green eyes, he used to wear his school uniform properly, but now leaves his blazer at home and wears his tie loose, rolling up his sleeves. He's usually smiling.

Personality: Akira is a charismatic, handsome young man, and he knows it. People tend to flock to him for his enigmatic past and smirking charm. He is, or was, that kind of boy who moves into a new school and immediately becomes class rep and starts dating the most popular girl there, though there are rumours that he got kicked out of his last school for some dangerous act. Very intelligent, Akira uses this to manipulate people and his environment to his own ends. He's a good judge of character, and knows how to use this to get his way. This means teaching himself skills that will get him ahead, befriending the right people, complimenting the right teachers. He doesn't particularly care if people like him, though he does like having friends around to keep him entertained. While he is manipulative and calculating, he has a good sense of humour and an easy going nature that makes him easy to talk to and get along with-the reason people ignore the darker rumours he makes no effort to correct.

Stand Details

Name: White Winter Hymnal

Statistics:
  • Destructive Power: B
  • Speed: B
  • Range: C
  • Durability: C
  • Precision: A
Stand Ability:
White Winter Hymnal can essentially create snowfall, from very light to a full on blizzard. The damage that this snowfall can do is also able to be adjusted-it can be as light and fluffy as a cute winter date, or it can hit with such a force of sharp edged snowflakes that deal serious physical damage to Akira's enemies. Often all that can be seen within White Winter Hymnal's snowstorm is a blinding sheet of white and blooming bloodstains.
Akira has practised the precision of this to such an extent that he can have a single snowflake cause damage while all the others are light, can have a blizzard in one corner and a snowman in the other, as well as other cute tricks like instant snowball making. He is ever increasing this control so he doesn't accidentally make it snow dangerflakes whenever he gets in a mood.
Good application, everything seems in order. I like Akira, it's always fun to have a character that plays by his own terms around.

I'm going to tack another property to White Winter Hymnal- it's harder to deal damage and control in warm weather, and vice versa if it's cold. Tell me if you're against it. Once everything is confirmed, I'll add the tab for Akira in the OOC thread.

Yes, love that. I was gonna say that's why it isn't super durable and he needs to be speedy cause it melts pretty fast, so that works really well :)

Yes, love that. I was gonna say that's why it isn't super durable and he needs to be speedy cause it melts pretty fast, so that works really well :)
Alright, so that's settled. After I get back home from school I'll add the tab. Thanks for replying.

We're going to start in a few days. For now, applications are still open for the final spot. I'm going to see if there's anyone that still wants in on this, if not we shall proceed.

Name: Miyako Nagata
Height: 5'3"
Weight:108 Lbs
Age / Year: Senior

Physical Appearance: Miyako is a short, Curvaceous girl with short Blue hair she keeps in a pixie cut, she is fairly cute, however she shows no indication that this is true, usually wearing metal jewelry and rings

Personality: Miyako is a very outspoken girl, her attitude towards life is very carefree, but she has been shown to have a short temper is messed with repeatedly, she is very intelligent and shows a high/ fast learning capacity when it comes to areas of science, physics and medical fields, hoping to become a doctor one day so she studies as hard as she can, collecting various science, physics and medical journals that she can get her hands on, even as far as having an ever growing collection of overdue library books (that most likely will never get returned)

Stand Details

Name: Bright Blue
Statistics:
  • Destructive Power: A
  • Speed: A
  • Durability: B
  • Precision: B
Stand Ability:
Bright Blue has the ability to control Electricity and Electromagnetic waves around her
as long as there is a supply around her,
- Can create a Railgun that can fire metal objects at three times the speed of sound by forming parallel currents on both sides of her arm with her electricity. Her "railgun" has a muzzle velocity of 1030 m/s (2307.2 mph), and at this time can be fired at a rate of 8 shots per minute. she has to use metal she finds, usually using coins she has from the subway
- can call down real lightning using her ability regardless of season, lightning cloud forms faster with cloudy weather, throw lightning spears, and send out Electromagnetic Pulses,
- Using her electric powers she can hack any electronic device and bypass normal electronic security measures with ease. She can decode the electronic flow of information, like to steal the information from a credit card's magnetic strip, This skill also enables her to perform acts such as erasing herself from security footage in real time
-Miyaka still doesn't have full control of her stand, which she is trying to find out what she can about them, with that if she loses her anger, it has the potential to go berserk and cause needless destruction.
- it is that reason she is trying to learn everything she can about it, to try to focus its abilities with full control, which might be a long time, might not,

Last edited:
Name: Miyako Nagata
Height: 5'3"
Weight:108 Lbs
Age / Year: Senior

Physical Appearance: Miyako is a short, Curvaceous girl with short Blue hair she keeps in a pixie cut, she is fairly cute, however she shows no indication that this is true, usually wearing metal jewelry and rings

Personality: Miyako is a very outspoken girl, her attitude towards life is very carefree, but she has been shown to have a short temper is messed with repeatedly, she is very intelligent and shows a high/ fast learning capacity when it comes to areas of science, physics and medical fields, hoping to become a doctor one day so she studies as hard as she can, collecting various science, physics and medical journals that she can get her hands on, even as far as having an ever growing collection of overdue library books (that most likely will never get returned)

Stand Details

Name: Bright Blue
Statistics:
  • Destructive Power: A
  • Speed: A
  • Durability: B
  • Precision: B
Stand Ability:
Bright Blue has the ability to control Electricity and Electromagnetic waves,
- Can create a Railgun that can fire metal objects at three times the speed of sound by forming parallel currents on both sides of her arm with her electricity. Her "railgun" has a muzzle velocity of 1030 m/s (2307.2 mph), and at this time can be fired at a rate of 8 shots per minute.
- can call down real lightning using her ability regardless of season, throw lightning spears, and send out Electromagnetic Pulses,
- Using her electric powers she can hack any electronic device and bypass normal electronic security measures with ease. She can decode the electronic flow of information, like to steal the information from a credit card's magnetic strip, This skill also enables her to perform acts such as erasing herself from security footage in real time
-can fly if she is surrounded by a large amount of atomized water vapor. She manipulated the water vapor forming it into wings using the static electricity from interactions between particles. By using her electric power to induce electrolysis on a large body of water such as the ocean, she can obtain enough hydrogen and oxygen to use as fuel
We're going to have to talk about the stand here.

Firstly, being able to completely control electricity and electromagnetic waves is just too overpowered. You notice that this is in a modern setting where electricity is literally everywhere, so being able to control electricity is a free pass to well... be overpowered, basically. Unless you can give me a few good counters to your stand that are feasible to be pulled off, I'm going to have to ask you to either change it, or tone it down. Red Hot Chilli Pepper cannot function in seawater because it will conduct all its electricity away. However, your stand completely bypasses any weakness that RHCP might have had, when you mentioned that it can basically induce electrolysis and use that as fuel.

The multiple abilities that it has, especially the Railgun, is also unacceptable. How can your stand start firing metal objects out of nothing? In addition to that, being able to summon electricity out of nowhere is too overpowered.

Now, I'm not saying that your stand is bad, but I think it's not suitable for this roleplay, especially in a setting where the rest of us are essentially unable to stand a chance against your stand. I'll suggest you read the other character sheets and moderate the power level of your stand, as well as downgrade the abilities accordingly. I can of course help you with that, but if you want me to I can do the moderation myself.

We're going to have to talk about the stand here.

Firstly, being able to completely control electricity and electromagnetic waves is just too overpowered. You notice that this is in a modern setting where electricity is literally everywhere, so being able to control electricity is a free pass to well... be overpowered, basically. Unless you can give me a few good counters to your stand that are feasible to be pulled off, I'm going to have to ask you to either change it, or tone it down. Red Hot Chilli Pepper cannot function in seawater because it will conduct all its electricity away. However, your stand completely bypasses any weakness that RHCP might have had, when you mentioned that it can basically induce electrolysis and use that as fuel.

The multiple abilities that it has, especially the Railgun, is also unacceptable. How can your stand start firing metal objects out of nothing? In addition to that, being able to summon electricity out of nowhere is too overpowered.

Now, I'm not saying that your stand is bad, but I think it's not suitable for this roleplay, especially in a setting where the rest of us are essentially unable to stand a chance against your stand. I'll suggest you read the other character sheets and moderate the power level of your stand, as well as downgrade the abilities accordingly. I can of course help you with that, but if you want me to I can do the moderation myself.
I can definitely tone it down I'm currently at work, I could change it to Harness instead of create, I mostly got the idea from a certain scientific rail gun, which the rail gun doesn't Make metal objects she has to use her own, she mostly uses metal co8ns for it so she has to provide those, and as for electricity and electromagnetic fields are roughly part of the same thing, and and I can do without the flying so no worries, but all of them besides the hacking electronics are all generally science bases, and she doesn't have full control of her stand, it has a high potential to go bizzerk but sorry if it's too op o_O

I can definitely tone it down I'm currently at work, I could change it to Harness instead of create, I mostly got the idea from a certain scientific rail gun, which the rail gun doesn't Make metal objects she has to use her own, she mostly uses metal co8ns for it so she has to provide those, and as for electricity and electromagnetic fields are roughly part of the same thing, and and I can do without the flying so no worries, but all of them besides the hacking electronics are all generally science bases, and she doesn't have full control of her stand, it has a high potential to go bizzerk but sorry if it's too op o_O
No worries. I'd like to see your revamped abilities first before I make any comments, so I'll wait until you get off work first.

I dunno man, this ain't my rp but I just feel like in comparison to our Stands that's still a bit op. Like, one of our guys essentially makes a weed cloud so maybe the scope is a bit out haha.

As I said, not my rp so feel free to ignore me but if you're super attached to all those powers maybe make that your Stand's full potential and develop them during the rp? Would that make sense Griff? So like pick one and work on the railgun and espionage or something?

I dunno man, this ain't my rp but I just feel like in comparison to our Stands that's still a bit op. Like, one of our guys essentially makes a weed cloud so maybe the scope is a bit out haha.

As I said, not my rp so feel free to ignore me but if you're super attached to all those powers maybe make that your Stand's full potential and develop them during the rp? Would that make sense Griff? So like pick one and work on the railgun and espionage or something?
I think you summarized what I feel, thank you. I think the most dangerous stand as of now on the roleplay is a snowflake machine, and now we suddenly have Thor on the boards.
alrighty added the changes, let me know if it still needs to be tweaked
The thing is, I don't see a lot of the changes, because Miyako can still easily overpower any of the current roster with ease. In addition, for a person that only recently acquired her stand she seems ridiculously strong, even if she can't control it. In fact, because she can't control it, she becomes a liability to everyone. That doesn't make her weaker- it just makes her dangerous to be around.

I propose this: have this set of abilities be the final evolution of Bright Blue. Along the way I think most of our stands are going to grow and develop a lot, so we'd probably all end up pretty OP. But that's a long way down the road, so we're all going to start way weaker than this for the sake of balance. I'll be modifying your skillset and stand stats this time, so expect a PM from me.

Back