Korruption and lilly25432

Korruption

Korrupted Forever
Adelaide Reyna Melchior | 19-20 | Female

A dark figure trotted among the trees, swiftly yet silently. The princess of Avaratra - also known as the Northern Region - gently kicked her horse, urging him to go faster. The creature let out a soft whinny before speeding up obediently. The princess's dark cloak was rippling in the breeze as she and her horse traveled on to their destination.

The two arrived at a castle, but it was not their own. The princess, known as Adelaide, smoothly dismounted her black horse, stroking its nose affectionately. "Kuro, stay here," the princess murmured, tying her horse to a post. It was twilight - the sky was darkening. The princess tucked her cloak around her body as she walked up the steps of the castle. She knocked the heavy double doors, waiting patiently. A guard opened them.

"State your business," he said gruffly, probably not recognizing Adelaide due to the darkening sky and her black cloak. The princess tugged her hood off, revealing her dark hair and obsidian eyes.

"I'm here to see the prince."

(Now I have no idea what to do...)

Esmondaire (Ezzie) Langston | 22 | Male

"What a lovely shade of iris."

A man in a silver coat and his supposed confidante were looking over a small statue set in the dining hall. From not too far away, Esmondaire stood, watching the two guests and making sure they did not go too far astray.

"I'm afraid this color is far too light to be what most perceive as iris." Esmondaire commented, stepping a bit closer to the group.

The younger nobleman began debating with the prince, who insisted several times that the correct term was actually periwinkle. The two bickered quite feverishly until a poshly dressed man walked into the room.

"Your highness," The messenger bowed, "Queen Adelaide is here to speak with you."

The name sparked memories among'st all three of the men, and the room got eerily silent.

"I will return. Tell my father to get the horses ready." As Esmondaire prepared to leave he turned momentarily back towards the young men. "Gentleman, I apologize, but it seems your short stay is over. We shall continue this discussion later, Sir Waldemar."

"Indeed we shall."

The prince rushed off to the castle doors, to meet with his fate.

Adelaide Reyna Melchior | 19-20 | Female

Meanwhile, the dark-haired princess waited patiently outside the castle doors, her cloak rippling around her ankles and it caught the cool breeze. The amethyst around her neck caught the light of the earliest stars in the sky, and glowed dimly, but just enough to cast a violet light into Adelaide's obsidian eyes. The princess let a small smile fall on her lips as her stallion let out a soft nicker. The dark-haired beauty heard faint footsteps approach her, and turned to the entrance of the castle.

Adelaide smiled gently as the prince rushed out of the castle doors. "Prince Esmondaire," she greeted, the strange purple light still glimmering in her dark eyes. "Shall we go?"

Esmondaire (Ezzie) Langston | 22 | Male

"You are earlier than I had anticipated, Adeliade." The prince looked up at the clock tower before nodding, "Perhaps this is a good thing."

Without further anticipation, Esmondaire stepped out onto the sidewalk, where he was soon greeted by his trusted stable boy. The horse trailed behind him, neighing quite loudly.

"I warn you, Sir, Debbie has been in a bad mood all day. I would ride light."

"I'm afraid," Esmondaire paused, mounting the rebellious creature, "that is not an option."

"I wish you well then. Good day to you, kind Sir, and to you madam." The boy bowed slightly before disappearing into the night.

Esmondaire turned back to Adelaide. "The journey begins." He flashed his horse's reigns and was off.

(now I'm kind of lost XD)

Brandon Darrick Chase

Brandon walked down the street, hands stuffed in his pockets, on his way to buy a cup of coffee. He passed by the news stand, stiffening and groaning slightly when a boy recognized him as a former prince. "Sir!" he called, extending a newspaper out to the young man. "Would you be interested in buying today's article? Only 75 cents!" When Brandon didn't respond, giving the boy a strained half-smile at most, the newsboy attempted a different approach. "Didn't you hear? Our own Prince Esmondaire and Princess Adelaide of Avaratra have disappeared!" Now that caught his attention. Brandon jerked his head up, glancing at the front page. The name Esmondaire barely interested him, but the name Adelaide most certainly did.

As the newsboy stated, the front page featured the breaking news, as well as photos of the two royals. Brandon slammed three quarters in the newsboy's hand and snatched the newspaper, leaning against the wall to read it. He knew that his long, dark overcoat probably didn't like it, but Brandon wasn't the one to care for clothing. The former prince read the first page carefully.

Breaking News!

Princess Adelaide of Avaratra and Prince Esmondaire Have Gone Missing!

Our favorite prince and our favorite princess from another region have disappeared overnight. Princess Adelaide left Avaratra before dusk had struck, and later appeared at the front door of our very own royal palace, where she and Prince Esmondaire were last seen with a stable boy. Our princess informed us that she had simply no idea what her brother and the Crown Princess of Avaratra - the only princess of Avaratra, in fact - wishes to do, and why they left.

Brandon scowled, crumpling up the newspaper. The writers these days...​

(Well, when in doubt, write about coffee! xD I love that last line by the way: "The writers these days". I just imagine your character looking up like he secretly knows he's part of a roleplay and shaking his head at us disappointingly.)

Story Birling | 21 | Female

Coffee. The one smell that could turn a demon into an angel, and Story Birling into a... decent... human being. As the aroma swirled around the air something seemed to posses the young woman. Her body would not go any other direction but forwards.

"Next!"

Luckily, that wouldn't be a problem. Story obediently stepped to the front counter.

"One coffee, please," Her eyes scanned the cafe hungrily, before settling back on the cashier. She snapped, "and no, I do not want a double chocolate frappe latte with ice and blah blah blah. I want one coffee."

While she waited, the young girl laid in the nearest bench. It was surprisingly comfortable, with a faux siding that ran just under the crown of her head and thick cushiony backing. It was hard to resist falling asleep, and by the time they had her order ready, she had began to space.

"Thaaaank you..." Story drawled, sitting up and reaching into her bag to pull out some ingredients: Coffee-mate: Hazelnut, Ready Whip, caramel, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, marshmallows, chocolate shavings, and bits of vanilla wafer. Story didn't mess around.

"Mam, I don't think you're allowed to-" but the boy was stopped by a single glare. "Carry on."

Soon she'd be back to her natural self, but for now she sipped.

(I never thought of it that way...but wow, Story doesn't joke around xD)

Brandon Darrick Chase | 21 | Male

Brandon shoved his newspaper in his coat pocket, walking into the coffee shop that was 50 meters down the block. His striking appearance drew attention - it wasn't just his pale skin and dark hair. The former prince always had an intimidatingly authoritative demeanor. Plus, some of the people in the room recognized him.

The man stepped up to the counter, barely looking at the menu. "Coconut milk mocha macchiato," he muttered. "Hold the caramel." The cashier nodded briskly, before calling out his order to the people in the back.

Brandon waited near the side, flipping through his crumpled newspaper. Nothing. There were articles about black hair dye, the princess, the bout of furious storms that came and departed over the weekend, and of course, the front page, but none of it specifically caught Brandon's eye. After all, he had already inspected the one thing he was interested in.

His coffee came rather quickly. Brandon snatched it out of the waiter's hand, muttering a quick thanks that could barely be heard. He took a sip, raising his eyes to glance at the people in the room. A certain blonde caught his attention. No, Brandon didn't think she was particularly attractive. But there was something that drew her towards her. Maybe it was his natural instincts telling him that she knew something that could benefit him - Brandon wasn't sure. He dropped his gaze back to the fruitless article in his hand as he continued to sip his coffee.

(Haha Nope xD )

Story Birling | 21 | Female

"Ahh... Much better!"

Though the black circles under her eyes hadn't gone away, Story seemed now as if she had had a five hour nap. A small yawn escaped her lips, indicating that she wasn't really any better, but she continued moving just the same. For a while, Story did little more than sway and examine her surrounding company. There seemed to be little out of the ordinary. A few unfamiliar faces caught her, including one peculiar dark-haired boy, but that, she supposed, was to be expected. Even as her eyes fell on the man several times, indicating what she might often call an "act of fate", Story still continued to unknowingly cast it aside.

Eventually, her body stretched forward off the chair as she attempted to get out a few tiny kinks. Upside down she realized she could see quite a few new things, including people, decor, and bits of trash. As Story started to get dizzy her eyes fell to a recently abandoned table. It was meant to be a mere glance until one line poked out from under all the garbage, changing Story's life forever: "Princess Adelaide of Avaratra and Prince Esmondaire Have Gone Missing!"

Story gasped, standing up a bit too fast. "Ezzie!" The world rattled as she spun around and slipped into the empty seat to try and read further. Her face furrowed as she continued down the article, the words eventually causing a slight huff. Not a single emotion was hidden as she stood up a few moments later and stepped out of the building, paper clenched in fist.

Brandon Darrick Chase | 21 | Male

Brandon slowly edged away from the crazy blonde, even though he was no where near her. She was weird - delusional, perhaps. The man sipped his macchiato, slightly irked by her "drunk" personality, as Brandon saw it. She was over the top.

The dark-haired man jerked his head up a little too fast when he heard her exclamation about the prince. A few people looked at him warily as he strode out the door rather swiftly. Brandon turned a corner sharply, spotting the blonde. He approached her, gripping her shoulder. A few people on the streets looked somewhat confused at his...abrasive behavior.

"What do you know about Princess Adelaide and the prince?" Brandon spoke in a low voice, a slight growl behind his words. Sure, this method of approaching someone was a bit harsh, but hey, this was Brandon.

Back