Korruption and TatlTails

Korruption

Korrupted Forever
Louise hated being a guard.

They placed her near the entrance of the camp, which was unseen by the majority of people who passed by, and made her guard. Why was she here? She was supposed to be doing archery, but Chiron sent her off to supposedly "guard the camp". Pfft.

It was quite despicable, actually. Louise was actually the best archer in camp - it was her pride and glory. And to keep that position, she would practice. Her mother said she was pathetic at everything, and frankly, if Louise dropped to second place, she would prove her mother right.

So Louise was standing there, with another demigod - Jacob, son of Ares - 50 meters away. Louise and Jacob didn't particularly like each other. It was the same routine - Louise would drag herself out of bed at 5:00 AM, she would pass by the Aphrodite girls (who would always swoon over Jacob, the so-called "handsomest Ares boy"), and she would go to the archery range to shoot. Jacob would always come at 6:00 (hah, he called that early) and would shoot at the opposite end of the archery range. They wouldn't look at each other, but Jacob still called it competition, and Louise would always cream him without even trying. To be honest, a lot of the Apollo kids could beat Jacob (there were, like, 2 other kids in the entire cabin, and they were both boys). After all, Apollo was known for archery. But to be honest, Louise always like Artemis better.

Louise stood there, jaw set, staring out into the distance. She had her quiver of arrows strapped to her back, her bow at her left side, and her sword on her right. Louise was ambidextrous, so she could've switched it up and it wouldn't matter. Surprisingly, after archery, Louise was best at sword-fighting, and not other target sports. Sure, sharpshooting was what she was third-best at, but it was weird. At least Louise could make awesome basketball shots too.

Finally, Louise had enough. She walked out of camp. Jacob yelled at her, telling her to "get back here right now!" but Louise ignored him. She clenched her jaw as she heard him mutter something about "stupid blonde girl with depression". Lately, Louise was being rather snarky instead of being depressed.

Suddenly, Louise stopped in her tracks, stiffening. Maybe it was her hunter's instincts, or maybe her so-called "oracle power" would start acting up again after 9 years. Something was happening. She didn't know what, but her head knew something, so Louise slowly started edging forward, not making a sound.

(This is where your characters come in)

Last edited:
Dagger could barely see anything through these damn trees, especially since he was pretty sure some blood had dripped into his eyes and he couldn't wipe it away with his sister passed out in his arms. He could barely even remember getting hit, the whole fight was a blur.

Some creep had ambushed him and Madi in the woods, probably drunk out of his mind since he wouldn't even speak. Dagger wasn't even sure if it had been a 'he'... But it had just lunged at them, no provocation. He'd tried to defend himself, but before he could even land a hit on whatever it was, he was sent flying by its sheer strength. Then it grabbed a hold of Madi... Her scream was still ringing in his ears, especially since at the same time, both she and the creep were struck by lightning. It had been cloudy all day, but that was the first lightning strike...

Maybe Madi survived because she'd been off the ground? Maybe the creep just took the brunt of the blow, because he'd been fried to a crisp. Dagger couldn't even look at the body, he'd just struggled back up to his feet, scooped up Madi, and set off through the woods. She'd wanted to come here for a reason, even though neither of them knew exactly what that reason was. But there had to be some kind of civilization nearby, someone to get them to a hospital or at least make sure Madi wasn't going to die!

Dagger was running out of energy quickly. He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep going before he collapsed, but he pushed on as long as he could. Just when he thought his legs were going to give out, he managed to spot a hint of orange through the trees. He ran for that spot as fast as he could manage, and his heart skipped a beat when he saw it was a person. A real person, some blonde girl in an obnoxiously orange t-shirt. She didn't look nearly as dangerous as the Creep, despite the weapons at her sides. They had to be fake, no one used actual swords...

OK, now his vision was going in and out. She looked wary, had to let her guard down, he needed help now.

He managed to get within sight of the girl as black started to creep in at the edges of his vision, then called out "Please, you have to help her! We were attacked, she got hit by lightning, she needs a doctor!"

Before he could register whatever response he got, his legs finally gave out, and his last thought before everything faded out was to keep Madi from hitting her head on the way down...

((Sorry if that doesn't give you enough to work with at the end there. I promise not to weasel my way out of any more conversations.))

Louise's mouth dropped open in shock. Something did happen. Yes, something dramatic happened to me! The girl thought to herself. She dropped to her knees, gritting her teeth as she attempted to heal the two as much as possible. The girl looked slightly younger than her, but she and Louise seemed to be the same height. "Wow, I am short," Louise muttered to herself. She placed her hand on the girl, trying to heal her, before letting out a frustrated sigh, as she had only been able to get rid of a small burn. In fact, there probably wasn't any difference.

How the heck am I supposed to transport a girl and a teenage boy?! Louise asked herself. She groaned, standing up. She picked up the girl, but struggled a bit since the two were pretty much the same size. Louise held the girl awkwardly in her arms, due to the weapons on her hips, grimacing when she realized she still had to move the boy. Let's go unconventional, Louise muttered to herself. She dug her boot under the boy's side, attempting to roll him over. It did work, but he was too injured for Louise to nudge him any further. The green-eyed demigod stood there for a moment, trying to think up a solution. Bingo! Louise thought of something. She set the girl on the ground, digging in her pockets. Louise felt especially triumphant when she managed to pull out a pen and a notepad that would soon need to be replaced. The dirty blonde-haired girl flipped to a new page, writing a rather...rude message. "Get. Your. Ass. Over here," Louise muttered out words as she wrote them down. "Two. Injured. Bodies." Louise faltered slightly at the word "injured" - damn you, dyslexia - but quickly remembered the spelling and scribbled it down.

Louise looked at her handiwork. "Good," she said. She looked around, finally pulling off a stem of some flower. "I'm sorry, Demeter," Louise murmured under her breath. She wrapped the message around one of her arrows, tying it in place with the flower stem. Louise pulled out her bow as she pinpointed where Jacob was. "There," she murmured. It was a tad far for Louise to yell at Jacob to move. The two kids were recently attacked - monsters could be near. She nocked her arrow, letting it fly into a tree trunk. Louise couldn't actually see Jacob - she was too far into the woods - but she had to guess where he was standing.

A few minutes later, Jacob walked into Louise's peripheral vision, Chiron following suit. As soon as the two spotted the blonde, they headed to where the she was. Jacob shoved Louise's arrow into her hand while Chiron looked over the two bodies. He murmured a few words before lifting his head to nod approvingly at Louise.

"Smart," he said. "There could be monsters still lurking around here. Shooting that arrow told us where you were, yet at the same time, you didn't put yourself into greater danger. Speaking of danger," Chiron continued, "you left your post." There were a few moments of silence before the centaur sighed. "I'll let it slide," he said wearily. "But now, we must take these two to the infirmary."

Last edited:
With the extra hands, the two siblings should hopefully be a lot easier to transport. Neither of them woke during the trip, though the girl did stir a bit once. Seemed her injuries were much less severe in general, as if the alleged lightning hadn't even hit her. The guy looked like he'd been hit by a truck, but his sister just looked like she'd been worn to exhaustion and maybe singed her hair. Louise's healing had helped with that, but it still had only done so much.

It would make sense that she would be the first to wake, even though it took a few more hours.

Louise scowled, sharpening her arrows with Sallie Ludwig's unused diamond nail file. Chiron had made Louise wait in the infirmary for the boy and girl from earlier to wake up, because apparently, she "knew" them the best (even though she didn't know them at all). Louise didn't like waiting on others, especially when she could be shooting.

Alan Meyer, one of the other two Apollo kids and one of the "Camp Half-Blood Dreamboats", happened to work in the infirmary whenever he could. He flashed the green-eyed blonde a small smile. "I know you don't like waiting for someone to wake up," the brunette teen said, "but take this as a chance to improve your healing skills. You're stuck here anyway, sis." Louise started sharpening her arrows more intensely. Apparently, Alan's "charming and kind-hearted" personality was why half the girls in camp had a crush on him. Louise wasn't exaggerating. On August 19th last year, Elliane Cartwright, a Demeter girl, literally took a survey on how much the girls at camp liked Alan. Over half of the girls choose "crush" or "cute" or "over the moon". It was a major facepalm moment for Half-Blood.

"All you're doing is giving people ambrosia," Louise told her older half-brother, her tone a tad harsh. Despite Louise's somewhat aloof personality, she and Alan were surprisingly close. Alan let out a chuckle.

"Usually I was defend myself, but," Alan sucked in a breath, "you're right." Louise started sharpening her next arrow.

"Of course I am," she said. "If you were actually doing things, I would notice." The blonde saw Alan grabbing his quiver of arrows and raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

Alan took a seat next to her. "I have nothing else to do here, but just like you, I can't leave right now," Alan pulled an arrow out from his quiver. "Did you steal another diamond file that you could lend me?"

Louise rolled her eyes, crabbily tossing Alan the other file she stole from the Aphrodite cabin. "That's Sallie Ludwig's unused pink diamond nail file," the blonde told to older teen, whose eyebrows shot up, clearly not expecting Louise to have another diamond nail file with her. "It's over 2 million bucks, even more expensive than the diamond file I'm using now." Alan let out a scoff, but started sharpening an arrow.

"Sallie is way too spoiled," he stated. "Actually, a lot -" Alan cut himself off when the two children of Apollo spotted the infamous Sallie Ludwig storming up to them. She was awfully insecure for an Aphrodite kid who was so arrogant. She went through extremely weird hair color cycles. Last month, she had bright pink hair because it was that time of year when her skin tone didn't clash with that particular shade. Sallie was actually right about that. This month, she dyed her hair a specific shade of red that was perfect for her skin tone. Except for the fact that she fell asleep on the beach, so now her skin was too tan to work with that red. Basically, she was already pissed. Now she was angrier.

"Louisiana!" Sallie yelled, catching the attention of a lot of people. "Give me -" Louise cut off the daughter of Aphrodite.

"Shh!" Louise quickly shushed Sallie, though it was sarcastic. "These people are healing. Not the time to wake them up." Sallie glared at her, before snatching her diamond nail files.

"Do you know how expensive these were?!" Sallie hissed. "Now I have to go to the trouble of sending my mom an Iris message so that she could get me new ones! Ugh!" Sallie stomped away.

"You know," Alan said. "I'm starting to feel sorry for the other Aphrodite kids." Louise let out an exasperated sigh.

"I know," she said. "Some of them are actually decent people. Sallie really ruins their reputation."

This conversation would only be interrupted by the creaking of a floorboard, the girl from the incident having finally got out of bed. Probably shouldn't have gotten out of bed, but she'd heard talking and her brother wasn't right nearby like he always was and she had no idea where she was right now, so listening in on the nearest conversation would probably shed some light on this mystery. Most of it sounded like gossip, but they'd mentioned cabins and messages and stuff like that... That sounded kind of like a camp. So she was in a camp?

She had tried to step forward after the yelling died down, but she ended up thinking a couple choice words when she heard the floorboards creak. Now those people were gonna hear her and she still didn't know where her brother was and she barely felt like she could walk much less defend herself...

Last edited:
Louise heard the creaking of a floorboard as the dark-haired girl from earlier got up. "Oh yay, she's up," the blonde said, her voice a bit sarcastic. "Alan, it's your call now. Now that one of them isn't unconscious, I can go shoot." The green-eyed daughter of Apollo grabbed her quiver and bow with ease, leaving the infirmary without a backward glance.

"Wait!" Alan grabbed her hair, pulling Louise back. She scowled, whipping around.

"What?" she snapped, her voice a bit bitter. After all, she didn't really appreciate anyone pulling her hair. Alan rolled his eyes.

"Chiron told you to stay until both of them woke up," Alan stated pointedly, pushing Louise back into the infirmary.

"Oh," Louise sucked in a breath. "Of course, there's that." She sat down again, sighing impatiently. She turned to the dark-haired girl.

"I'm not good at conversation," Louise muttered. "Name?"

Last edited:
The girl was taken aback when she was finally addressed directly, her mouth falling open before she closed it again. She tried a couple times to get some kind of sound out of her mouth, and failed, before her embarrassment somehow helped her manage to pull herself together a bit.

"Ma-Madi..." She replied to the question, choosing to try and take in her surroundings instead of make direct eye contact. This was only magnified when she stammered out "Wh-where's my b-brother?"

Louise raised an eyebrow at the girl's answer, but chose to ignore the stutter. "Alan, you heard her!" she yelled to Alan who was literally all the way across the infirmary (therefore, he didn't hear her, but Louise didn't care). "Where's the brother?" Alan pointed to a redhead a few beds down as he returned to whatever he was doing. The blonde gestured to the bed.

"There's your brother," she stated blandly. Louise decided to grab a cloth, wetting it a little to polish her sword. She wiped the cloth down the sharp side of her blade before speaking again. "Okay, how old are you? Why were you and your brother randomly walking around in the woods?"

Madi's eyes went wide when she saw the red of her brother's hair, and was about to make a run for him... But then she heard the 'shing' of metal, and froze in place. Oh my gosh, was that a sword?! That was a real sword, oh my gosh...

She snapped out of her fearful daze when she was asked more questions by the blonde girl with the sword, and stammered out "I-I'm elev-ven... A-an' we were l-lookin' f-for someth-thing, i-in L-Long Island..."

"Oh," Louise said plainly, placing her sword back in its sheath. "You were struck by lightning. You're brother has more fatal injuries, so it'll be some time before he wakes up." The blonde narrowed her eyes. "What happened out there? It's not every day that someone gets attacked in those woods."

"I d-dunno!" Madi answered, getting a little worked up from remembering the attack. "We were w-walking, almost th-there, a-an' then there was this p-person... Didn't f-feel like a p-person. He-he hit D-Dagger, my b-brother, a-an' he w-wouldn't move. Th-then I got g-grabbed, a-an' it was st-trong, I c-couldn't get out. I t-tried'a f-fight, a-an' then the l-lightning... Th-then I w-woke up here. I-is he g-gonna be OK? My-my brother..."

"Your brother will be fine," Louise said calmly, but not in a particularly comforting way. She had her knife her hand, and a cloth in the other, fiercely trying to scrub off a spot of blood. "Chances are that if that person didn't feel like a person, he - or she wasn't a person at all." The blonde finally cleaned her knife, tossing the worn-down and slightly bloody cloth into the trash can from 10 feet away. "How are you feeling?" Louise attempted to continue the conversation.

"F-fine." Madi replied, surprised at how true it was physically and how not-true it was mentally. She really hardly felt like she'd done anything at all, much less gotten hit by lightning... But she was also terrified and confused and very uneasy about the thought of that attacker actually not being human, and also lost as hell. Geographically and just in general. At least maybe the first of the two could be taken care of.

"Wh-where are we?" She asked the blonde girl, knowing that said girl's patience was probably running thin and she should get the important questions in while she could.

"Camp Half-Blood," the blonde said simply. "You know, now that you bring it up, I have to mention that you're most likely not a mortal. If you can actually see the camp from the outside, you're either a human that can see through the Mist or...a demigod." Louise said that nonchalantly. "You know, half human, half god? It's kind of in the name. Suck it all in."

Last edited:
And Madi was finally left speechless, the poor girl's expression making it clear that she had no idea what was going on anymore. She could grasp that she was in a camp, camps were something she knew existed. But gods? Half gods? Mist? Maybe she just hadn't had the best education, but she had no idea how someone was supposed to be half God. She didn't even feel 2% like a god, much less half.

The dark-haired girl was left speechless. Louise sighed. "Yeah, that's what I expected," she muttered. "Camp Half-Blood is a camp for Greek demigods - children of a human and a Greek god. I'm the weird one - my dad's Apollo, and my mom's the daughter of Athena. Basically, 75% of me is Greek god." The blonde stroked a finger over her knife blade, sighing sharply when she realized how dull it was.

"So," Louise continued. "Do you know your dad?"

Madi shook her head at Louise, relieved for a question she could at least answer. "D-don't know my mom, e-either." She added, before glancing back at her brother. "J-just had him..."

Louise sighed. "Okay, that doesn't exactly help," she told the younger girl. "If you are a demigod, you have to wait for your parent to claim you as their child." The blonde unsheathed her sword, stroking the blade. "I really need to sharpen my weapons more," she muttered when she realized her sword was even duller than her knife. She raised her voice. "Does your brother know his father or mother?"

Madi had to think about that for a second, but she soon replied "He-he knew his d-dad... S-said he mar-ried my mom r-right aft-ter I was b-born."

Back