New User Life in a glass

Lorlen

Apprentice Magician
The flow of the universe is the same as sand in an hourglass. Infinite grains fall at a single moment, some slowly gathering pace whilst others find a final resting place amongst the exponential-ism of grains once fallen. Yet it is between these two states which are the most interesting. Grains falling at full speed, constantly colliding with others around it. Never possible to know where they will find their rest, or which others they may happen across. The endless possibilities should be exciting.

But it wasn't. Too many times had she turned the hourglass that even she was beginning to understand the flow. So once again she leaned forward and turned the hourglass, wondering again what she would watch over the next few millennia, hoping it would be different from the last.

Evening All,

I've been an RP'er for many years, involved in a few communities but most notably within MK3EN. MK3EN was the English version of the Mine Colony, an RP based around the game Gothic, and I was fortunate enough to be able to take a lead in its continued development by translating and expanding the world.

I usually participate in Fantasy RP, usually within the generic magic medieval worlds, but if i can find it then Steampunk / Cyberpunk RP's will always get my attention! However, I'm open to try anything, even sport RP. Feel free to message me.

Thanks all,

Hello!, welcome to STC : ) I hope you enjoy your stay here!

I'm doing an interest check for a roleplay of the supernatural genre that I would like to start in the future, so I invite you to check out in case you like the idea ^^

Here it is! AADC

To get your account approved soon, it helps to be active in the chat and general forums ^^, getting involved with the community ;3

I hope to see you around often, and roleplay with you some time ^^

Hey, I am also new here but welcome! :D I really enjoyed the intro! I've been itching to do a cyberpunk (Maybe shadowrun maybe more traditional) short story taking place somewhere in the India Ocean. Maybe we can get a group together in the future.

Thanks all,

Cyberpunk seems to be underappreciated. I was once lucky enough to get a small group going through a Ghost in the Shell RP.
Not played shadowrun, but let me know if you do get a group, or even a 1x1 if i can understand enough background to make it work

I haven't done forum Roleplay in a while so I'd like to get the creative juices flowing again before I dive in because I have some really cool dystopian set pieces and plot lines I'd love to do well. I'll work on a hook and flesh out some plot points and let you both know what I have in a week or so. Shadowrun is intresting because cybernetics, magic and fantasy creatures co-exist, I personally am a big fan of Role-playing humans, but in Shadowrun you can play a Cybered out troll with a cannon arm or an ex-corporate mage who was maintained scrying barriers. I like the mash-up, one of my favorite things to do after discovering Shadowrun is randomly chose two or three genres and try to make a cool setting out of it, (Shadowrun would be high-fantasy/Cyberpunk) I am teetering between just traditional cyberpunk, when I get approved maybe I'll make a poll to judge interest.

Here is a quote from there wiki describing the archtypical character classes of shadowrun
In the world of 2063, the metroplexes are monsters that cast long shadows. And in the cracks between the giant corporate structures, shadowrunners find their homes. Entire societies live and die in a black-market underworld, exploited and abused, yet powerful in their own way. The Mafia, Yakuza and other crime syndicates have grown explosively as their networks provide anything that people want to buy.
Shadowrunners are the professionals of this culture, where self-sufficiency is vital. When the megacorps want a job done but don’t want to dirty their hands, they turn to the only people who can pull it off: the shadowrunners. Though only the most confidential government or corporate databases even know of a shadowrunner’s existence, the demand for his or her services is high. Below is a list of archetypal shadowrunners and their skills.
  • Deckers (Hackers) can slide like a whisper through the databases of giant corporations, spiriting away the only thing of real value—information.
  • Street samurai are enforcers for hire whose combat skills and reflexes make them the ultimate urban predators.
  • Riggers ho augment their brains to manipulate vehicles and drones for a variety of purposes.
  • Mages, those rare folk who possess the gift of wielding and shaping the magical energies that now surround the Earth, are sought after to spy on the competition, heal and buff their allies, sling spells against an enemy, commit magical sabotage, and any other purpose that their employers can dream up.
  • Shamans are specialized mages whose attunement to the natural magical forces allows them to support themselves and fellow shadowrunners with a variety of defensive spells, as well as summon and barter with spirits.
  • Physical adepts, who use the awakened magical energies to refine their bodies to the point of absolute perfection and become the ultimate fighting machines.
Not every shadowrunner follows these archetypes. In fact, few focus exclusively on what they are supposed to be, leading to everyone being unique in their own way...

I like that as an idea, should work well. I'd play a mage as I always seem to RP best in the magical roles.

Hello and welcome to STC! I loved your introduction :D! I am sure you will love this place as it is filled with many awesome players as well as roleplays! If you need any help or have any questions feel free to pm me!

Hey there and welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

Looks like you got yourself settled into a roleplay already so I'll leave you to it, but if you need any help with anything just ask. We're a pretty friendly lot here :)

Back