1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread or the help forum.
  3. Want to feature one of your roleplays on the front page? See here for information: Featuring Roleplays Again! Accepting Submissions!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We are currently accepting applications for multiple staff positions. Check out our Site Announcements forum for details!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time for another voting drive! As with previous voting drives we will be sending out voting reminders once a day for the first week of a new voting cycle. This helps to get a good position in the top rankings early on. For people wanting to help out around the site but who can't necessarily contribute in other ways, this is a great way to help out. I can't understate how important voting is. Almost all of our traffic comes from TopRPSites, and when we aren't in the top rankings, we don't draw in new users. So get on in there and vote for Storyteller's Circle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. So as some of you may already know, we're looking to get the website's platform updated to the newest version of Xenforo. The newer platform (Xenforo 2) comes with a lot of solid features and bug fixes from the original Xenforo. To reach this end we have setup a donation campaign for people interested in helping out.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for 1x1s!

Discussion in '1x1 Bulletin Board' started by romamaro, May 15, 2019 at 4:29 PM.

1. romamaro

romamaro Well-Known Member

With my exams over and done with, and a long, boring break looming in front of me, I've decided that I can fill the time a little better if I spark up the little writer in me again. Sorry if i'm a little rusty!

About me...
    I've been writing for about five years now, and I like to think I'm alright at it. I don't have a set post length—I usually tend to match whomever I'm writing with—but I can write anywhere from six or seven paragraphs to a couple lines. Since I'm on break now, I can be active, and post at least once a day.
    I've gotten good at juggling characters, which means that if you want a story with maybe two separate plot lines, we can definitely do that.
    If you want to know about the genres and fandoms I like, go down to the 'If you want a new plot and a new character' section.
    While I always like writing new things, there's a few ground rules. I am under the age of eighteen, so keep it SFW. If you want to insinuate/suggest anything, just ask first. I don't like huge amounts of gore. I'll write in a couple fandoms, which I'll talk about later, but I don't really like writing with canon characters. But apart from that, I'm pretty chill!

If you're interested in a created plot...
    I have this google doc that's been brewing for a little while. The original includes an idea bank, a short summary for all my characters, and profiles for sixteen characters. However, I've created a simpler, smaller version, that only has the idea bank and the summaries.

Here is the idea bank!

If you're interested in a created character...
    I have a different version of the above document that includes the character summaries and the full character profiles. If you're interested in any of the characters, PM me and we can think up a new idea.

You can find that here!

If you want a new plot and a new character...
    Awesome! As much as I like my ideas and my characters, I need to practice making and writing new ones.
    I enjoy the genres fantasy, sci-fi, romance, thriller, mystery, horror, and dystopia/utopia. I'm aware that a lot of these can be fudged together, which is honestly ideal.
    Fandoms–wise, I like Harry Potter, Divergent, Undertale, Persona Q, and Fire Emblem. I really like Pokémon, Bravely Default/Second, and The Hunger Games.
    There are a few more obscure ones based off current YA fiction, which I'm going to hide in a spoiler. If you see a book/series in here that you enjoy, PM me! I love these worlds to death and I'd love to create a story in them.
    The Arc of a Scythe series (Neal Shusterman)
    The Twisted Blood series (Eugene Lambert)
    The Because You'll Never Meet Me series (Leah Thomas)
    They Both Die in the End (Adam Silvera)
    S.T.A.G.S. (M.A Bennet)
    The Loneliest Girl in the Universe (Lauren James)
    The Project Nemesis series (Brendan Reichs)
    More Happy Than Not (Adam Silvera)
    The Skin Books series (Alice Broadway)
    Out of the Blue (Sophie Cameron)
    Dry (Neal Shusterman)
    The Hibiscus Daughter series (Lana Popović)

In conclusion...
    I know that this is a gross amount of info to get through, so thanks for getting through it! At the end of the day, I'm an enthusiastic writer who's really eager to get back on the writing horse. If you're interested in writing with me, send me a PM, and we can get started! Hope to hear from some of y'all soon <3

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 4:58 PM
  2. romamaro

romamaro Well-Known Member

If you can't see the doc for one reason or another, here is the idea bank:
    The general formula is:
    TITLE
    • Genre/s
    • Number of writers/characters
    • Themes
    • Plot summary
    • Specifications for characters

HOW TO LOVE A DEMON
    • Fantasy—demons and angels, based around Christianity, wlw romance
    • 1x1
    • Themes of love, loneliness, good versus evil and the past.
    • Olivia Di Napoli’s real name is Libidine, and she is a demon sent by Lucifer to Earth to drag souls to hell. An old trauma has left her afraid to love, so how is she meant to react when she meets Character B?
    • Character B must be female, over twenty years old, wlw, and either human or angel.

INFERNO
    • Paranormal
    • Two to three total players
    • Themes of the sense of self, death, justice, anger, revenge, and guilt.
    • Joseph Washington is a medium that has long ago lost himself to the ghosts that control him and lead him to the perfect life. When a fire rages through his high school, the ghosts of his dead classmates lead him on a rampage to discover who struck the match.
    • Characters can be any gender/nationality/sexuality. Should be American high school age. Should have personality traits that lead to them wanting revenge/justice.

THE OPHELIA RESORT
    • Mystery, thriller
    • Two to three total players
    • WIP and open to suggestions
    • The Ophelia Resort is a luxury mental health institution for teenagers from rich families. Park Min-Jun has been there for his anorexia for two years, but with his recovery just over the horizon, he can’t shake the feeling that something isn’t right at the resort—and he doesn’t want to leave until he figures it out. (This idea is unfinished, and up for development!)
    • Characters can be any gender/nationality/sexuality. Should be nineteen or younger. Should be diagnosed with a mental illness (please be sure to research!) Should have personality traits that lead to them wanting to solve a mystery.

SOMEONE IS STEALING OUR SOULS
    • Fantasy, thriller, mystery
    • 1x1 - 3-4 total characters
    • Themes of ambition, deception, jealousy, power, and what the soul is worth.
    • Croissance Academy for the Elementally Gifted is a prestigious high school in France for elementals, whose powers are kept secret from everyday humans. It’s more like a town than a school, with spacious living areas, markets run by students, and a small, private police force. In this world, an elemental’s powers are so vital to their life that many compare them to being equivalent to their souls. So when students at Croissance start to get stripped of their powers, the school goes into lockdown in an attempt to figure out why. Normally, Phoebe Joubert, Jamie Ross-Urquhart, Character C, and Character D would have never crossed paths, but fate brings them together as they rush to unravel the mystery that is stealing the souls of their classmates. (This idea is up for development!)
    • Characters can be any gender/nationality/sexuality. Must be between the ages of fifteen and eighteen. Should be either fire/water/earth/air elemental, though this is up for discussion. Should have personality traits that would lead them wanting to discover who is stealing the elementals’ powers - curious, strong sense of justice, etc, or we can discuss a revenge idea.
    BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER
    • Fantasy, potential wlm romance
    • 1x1
    • Themes of love, family, friendship, power, freedom, prejudice, supremacy, and ambition.
    • In a world where magic is widely known about by all folks, and regulated by law like anything else, Alice Timberlake is the daughter of two supremacist sorcerers. The family dabbles in the dark art of blood magic, and their morbid curiosity spurs them on to travel around America and explore how deep their power goes. Only settling in a town for a year or two, it confuses Alice when she finds out that they’ll be staying in Headwind, New Mexico. Or rather, she’ll be staying there. She discovers that she is betrothed to the son of a family friend, and will now study under his parents for the summer. Though she is compliant, she can’t ignore Character B, who teaches her that her situation isn’t the standard.
    • Character B can be any gender/age/nationality/sexuality. Must be male, eighteen or younger, and mlw for romance. Should have personality traits that make them resilient to knockbacks.

A THOUSAND PAINTINGS
    • Slice of life, coming of age, potential mlm romance
    • 1x1
    • Themes of escaping the past, pain, love, and recovery.
    • Francisco Villanueva arrives at Wideburn Secondary and immediately sticks out. Living in a mysterious mansion in the countryside, not speaking a word of English, and constantly looking over his shoulder, he struggles to fit in after moving from Spain. No one has ever seen him relax, not until Character B walks into the art studio and discovers his talent for painting.
    • Character B can be any gender/nationality/sexuality. Must be English high-school age. Must be mlm for romance.

THE GLAMTHÅLLARE
    • Fantasy, mystery, thriller, potential wlw/wlm romance
    • 1x1
    • Ingrid Nykvist is a Glamthållare, a species of beautiful woman who control the beauty within something. For Ingrid, it’s stories; for her twin sister, Ottilia, it’s drinks; and for their mother, it’s clothing. The three live in Klippastad, Sweden, a perfectly functioning family. However, when Ottilia disappears mysteriously, Ingrid turns to Character B for help. (This idea is unfinished, and up for development!)
    • Character B can be any gender/age/nationality/sexuality. Must be under eighteen and wlw/mlw for romance.

THE HUNTER AND THE HIGHLAND WITCH
    • Fantasy
    • 1x1
    • Themes of fear, revenge, justice, power and understanding the ‘other’.
    • In a world where witches and the like are dismissed as fairy tales for children, many Scottish Highland towns vehemently believe in Juniper Poe, an eternal woman with terrible powers who steals a child every fifty years. No one knows what happens to these children, but if a child is chosen there is no way to protect them. Character B decides that enough is enough, and ventures out into the depths of the Highlands to try and find the witch, and stop her once and for all.
    • Character B can be any gender/age/nationality/sexuality. Should have personality traits or a past that gives them a liking to revenge.

THE PRODIGY AND THE HIGHLAND WITCH
    • Fantasy
    • 1x1
    • In a world where witches and the like are dismissed as fairy tales for children, many Scottish Highland towns vehemently believe in Juniper Poe, an eternal woman with terrible powers who steals a child every fifty years. No one knows what happens to these children, but if a child is chosen there is no way to protect them. Character B is one of these children—young, impressionable, and with magic inside them that they don’t know is possibly one of the most powerful seen in decades. When the Highland Witch offers them a way to embrace their hidden gift, what will they do?
    • Character B can be any gender/nationality/sexuality. Must be a teenager or younger.

THE IMMORTAL AND THE HIGHLAND WITCH
    • Fantasy, potential mlw/wlw romance
    • 1x1
    • In a world where witches and the like are dismissed as fairy tales for children, many Scottish Highland towns vehemently believe in Juniper Poe, an eternal woman with terrible powers. As the myth of her travels further south, it reaches Character B, another immortal. For their own reasons, they make the journey north to try and meet Juniper Poe.
    • Character B can be any gender/age/nationality/sexuality. Must be physically older than eighteen for romance.

A REBELLION
    • Fantasy, dystopia
    • 2-4 total players
    • Themes of utopia, friendship, alliances, bravery, and rebellion.
    • When some people suddenly gained powers in the twenty-second century, it didn’t take long for them to realise that if you killed another ‘awakened’ person, you got more powerful. A man, now only know as the ‘Overlord’ took advantage of this, and now, in the twenty-eighth century, he has achieved ultimate power and immortality. After destroying most of the world into the ‘Wastes’, he set up a land called ‘Paradise’, encompassing the entirety of the UK, where non-awakened people could live in, as long as they obeyed the Overlord’s every word, and sacrificed all awakened people to him. Clementine Stewart lives in Paradise, and has realised she is awakened. She struggles to hide it, and meets Character B, who promises her that she can change the world. Character C and Character D are also recruited to the rebellion, and the group of four quickly become the leaders of the plot to kill the Overlord.
    • Characters B, C, and D can be any gender/age/sexuality. Should have personality traits that make them lean towards justice/rebellion, and/or have a backstory that gives them motive to take down the Overlord.

ESCAPING UTOPIA
    • Fantasy, dystopia
    • 1x1
    • Themes of utopia, friendship, alliances, bravery, and rebellion.
    • When some people suddenly gained powers in the twenty-second century, it didn’t take long for them to realise that if you killed another ‘awakened’ person, you got more powerful. A man, now only know as the ‘Overlord’ took advantage of this, and now, in the twenty-eighth century, he has achieved ultimate power and immortality. After destroying most of the world into the ‘Wastes’, he set up a land called ‘Paradise’, encompassing the entirety of the UK, where non-awakened people could live in, as long as they obeyed the Overlord’s every word, and sacrificed all awakened people to him. Clementine Stewart lives in Paradise, and has realised she is awakened. She struggles to hide it, and makes the decision that she has to escape to the wastes. She turns to Character B, hoping that they can smuggle her from the North Korea-esque Paradise.
    • Character B can be any gender/age/sexuality. While they must be a people-smuggler, they do not have to help Clementine escape, and we can discuss ideas further.
    TO TAKE DOWN AN OVERLORD
    • Fantasy, dystopia, survival, adventure
    • 2-4 total players
    • Themes of rebellion, corruption, justice, and revenge.
    • When some people suddenly gained powers in the twenty-second century, it didn’t take long for them to realise that if you killed another ‘awakened’ person, you got more powerful. A man, now only know as the ‘Overlord’ took advantage of this, and now, in the twenty-eighth century, he has achieved ultimate power and immortality. After destroying most of the world into the ‘Wastes’, he set up a land called ‘Paradise’, encompassing the entirety of the UK, where non-awakened people could live as long as they obeyed the Overlord’s every word, and sacrificed all awakened people to him. Benjamin Takahashi is a loner in the French wastes, but after meeting the rebellious Character B he is inspired by the idea of rebellion. Character C and Character D join soon after, and the group form a rebellion to invade Paradise and kill the Overlord.
    • Characters B, C, and D can be any gender/age/nationality/sexuality. Should have personality traits that incline them towards justice, revolution, etc., or have a history that makes them want to take down the Overlord.
    COMPETITIVE SPIRITS
    • Slice of life, coming-of-age, potential wlw romance
    • 1x1
    • Themes of rivalry, getting over grudges, forgiveness, and realising that you’re not as great as you think you are.
    • Retha Arendse is one of the best young triathletes in South Africa. At least, she was, before Character B came along. Character B beats Retha in a race that was meant to be easy, and at that point is where Retha declares war. As the biggest triathlon for African girls approaches, IronKids South Africa, tensions rise between the two. (This idea is unfinished, and is up for development!)
    • Character B should be female, African, and under the age of eighteen. Must be wlw for romance.

TAKING IT TOO FAR
    • Crime, thriller
    • 1x1
    • Themes of ambition, suspicion, deception, and regret.
    • Retha Arendse is one of the best young triathletes in South Africa. At least, she was, before Kahina Dahmani came to Johannesburg. Being beaten in every race, Retha suspects that Kahina is cheating. Turning to the intelligent Character B to prove that Kahina isn’t the golden girl that she seems, will the pair take it too far? (This idea is unfinished, and is up for development!)
    • Character B can be any gender/age/nationality/sexuality. Should have personality traits that lead to them not being afraid to break some laws.

...and here is the character summary bank:
    General formula:
    CHARACTER NAME
    Two/three sentence summary

KERRY CLAYTON
    A sickly and frail teenage girl living in Millersville, Ohio. Most people assume that she’s dead, when really she passes her days locked inside of her father’s house, learning about space and what it takes to get there.

LIBIDINE
    A demon with a troubled past living in Woodstone, Vermont. She works two jobs, one as a biology teacher at the local high school, and one as a serial killer, executing people and sending their souls to hell before their time.

KALANI ANDERSON
    A young girl who was born deaf living in Maika’i, Hawaii. She and her family are disliked by the town for reasons that are taboo to discuss, but she finds her place in her summer camp for disabled and disadvantaged kids.

JOSEPH WASHINGTON
    A high school boy who can communicate with the ghosts in his school in Ironburn, Texas. The ghosts who follow him guide him on his life, and have lead him to the position of the captain of the school basketball team and most popular boy in school.

PARK MIN-JUN
    An intelligent boy from Seoul, South Korea. After being diagnosed with anorexia, he moved to The Ophelia Resort in Reynoldstown, Colorado. His recovery has been a long time coming, but it looks like it might be just over the hill.

ELIJAH MAYER
    A rough boy living in a poverty-stricken town named Hherouth, Germany. Homeless and wanted by local authorities, he has to balance survival and looking after his little sister until the two of them can escape to greener pastures.

GAO FANG
    A viola player who lives and travels the world with the New York Ballet Orchestra. Originally from Beijing, China, she came to New York with a fear of falling in love. Years on, she may be willing to try and grow again.

PHOEBE JOUBERT
    An air elemental who goes to Croissance Academy for the Elementally Gifted in La Rochelle, France. A doormat and an incredibly gifted elemental, she breezes through life, unaware that she is the definition of ‘ignorance is bliss’.

JAMIE ROSS-URQUHART
    A Scottish fire elemental and a student of Croissance Academy for the Elementally Gifted, La Rochelle, France. Though intelligent, she hides her smarts behind laziness. She has a gift with hair and makeup thanks to her two mothers.

ALICE TIMBERLAKE
    A young Minnesotan witch with an affinity for water magic. Sheltered and brainwashed by her parents, she is set become one of the most promising blood witches, and one of the most prolific criminals, in the history of witchcraft.

FRANCISCO VILLANUEVA
    A Spanish teenager living with his young brother in his rich uncle’s house in Trefda, England. Haunted by the past he’s trying to leave behind him in Spain, he struggles to rekindle the love of painting that was stolen from him.

INGRID NYKVIST
    A Glamthållare woman who can control the beauty inside of a story. Living in Klippastad, Sweden with her twin sister and mother, she balances her schoolwork, her job at the local library, and the fine details of her ability perfectly.

JUNIPER POE
    An eternal witch who has made her home in the Scottish Highlands. A figure of mystery, she is feared by all for her powers over disease, famine, and drought, and her penchant for stealing magical children from their homes.

CLEMENTINE STEWART
    A magical farmer living in a world where the magical are sacrificed to an overlord. Complacent in her life for a long time, when it becomes clear that she is no longer safe in her home she is forced to take a leap and change her utopian life.

BENJAMIN TAKAHASHI
    A man with elemental powers living in the wastes. With his family under the rule of a narcissistic, immortal and all-powerful Overlord, he desperately longs to attack the Overlord’s utopia, save his family, and kill the man who destroyed the Earth.

RETHA ARENDSE
    A young South African triathlete who sees no end to what she can do, as long as she wins. When challenged, she quickly becomes malicious, and will have to carefully watch that her ambition doesn’t make her go too far.

3. Miyu/seia

Miyu/seia Member

Hello^^ I would love to rp with you! Are you interested in a fantasy and Romance rp?