Looking for a partner for a musically-inclined roleplay!

Ignition

Good morning, Morioh-Cho!
Hey party people!

So I'm putting up this post as a request for a very specific one-on-one role-play. There are basic supporting details below.

Before you read any further though, I'd like to make it clear that I'm looking for a partner to play a female character that I've already created in design, general backstory and basic personality traits. What I'm looking for is someone to fill in the blanks and add uniqueness to said character. So if playing a pre-set character with creative liberties isn't your thing, I totally understand.

But for those interested...

--

So the universe this take place in is based on an idea I've been working on for a few years now. The basics of said idea and setting are below. There's a lot more information, but I don't want to further overwhelm those interest may have been piqued.

--

This setting is a modern world exactly like ours, but with one major key difference. In the fashion of comics like X-Men, special people exist in this universe with powers beyond normal ken. They look like me and you, until they put on a pair of headphones and unleash their symphonic fury. Known to each other in their secret society as Music Masters, they have existed for the last few centuries as people with the ability to conjure superhuman powers by listening to music.

For a Music Master, each song is a different power at their disposal, wholey unique to them and only usable when said song is blaring in their ears and they have "Harmonized" with it. Music Masters have not revealed themselves to the world at large, only being known by key world governments and those few conspiracy theorists who have seen the aftermatch of their abilities and still draw breath. Since song effects are not visible to non-Music Masters, they have remained relatively hidden for all these years, running their sub-society through the billions made in the music industry that they control.

--

There's more details than that, but that's just a taste, and anyone who's interested in partaking will get more of a detailed breakdown if they so desire. As for the character you'd be playing, her details and basic info is listed below.

--

Name: Nami Nagataki

Appearance:

(If you have any suggestions on this, also subject to change! The only things I'd like to keep constant are her Japanese ethnicity and her hairstyle.)

hsEQqCR.png

Personality: (Note that this is subject to creative liberties; that is the point of this after all! Nami has been a bit of a flat character for awhile, and I'm hoping someone else's take on her will give her depth.)

- Incredibly competitive, especially when it comes to dancing, an art in which she considers herself to be the best at.

- Obsessed with Dance Dance Revolution, though she doesn't so much enjoy the game as much as she enjoys being extremely good at it.

- An horribly sore loser, Nami cannot stand losing in any form, especially when it is something she is good at.

- She sees no benefit in games or activities that do not involve some sort of competitive aspect to them.

- She is often literal and obvious, especially when it comes to insulting or belittling others and their skills.

Backstory:

(To be honest, I haven't thought of a lot of this until now, so changes, additions and filling in the blanks are more than welcome.)

Born in Sendai, Japan, Nami Nagataki and her brother Arashi Nagataki have been on their own for as long as they can remember. They've been orphans since a very young age, and it was only when Arashi decided they'd had enough of the orphanage life that they left their city of birth and headed to the heart of Tokyo.

In their early teen years, Nami and Arashi got by through small-time cons, which was only exacerbated when their powers as Music Masters emerged and they found just how much they could take advantage of the world around them. It was Arashi who suggested they use their respective skills to make money, urging his sister to challenge prospective players in their local SHORI-PLATINUM arcade. To the present day, Nami lives to beat others at her game of choice, DDR, and cannot fathom the possibility of losing. However, Arashi remains fiercely protective of his sister, always aggressively warding off the multitude of talent scouts who have offered her opportunities as an idol.

Through a series of events that brings the Nagataki siblings to America, Nami meets a boy named Michael Kay. This disco-loving dancer does the unthinkable; he bests her at the art of dance, something that Nami had previously thought to be impossible.

Song Effects:

(I only listed one trademark song effect below. Like the personality traits above, creative liberties, please!)

LOVE REVOLUTION 21 by Morning Musume:

Nami's trademark song effect, this ability allows her to generate gigantic neon-violet arrows that stylistically resemble those from DDR. They float around her and move to the sway of her dancing, and through simple physical direction, she can launch them as deadly projectiles.

Sharp enough to cut through concrete, they are generated based on the speed of her steps. Since Nami's endurance is impressive, she can often generate almost a hundred of these in the span of a minute. Their main weakness lies in the fact they are completely offensive in nature, as they can only be projected outward, leaving Nami vulnerable to attacks with a large radius.

--

I know this is a very specific and kind of out there request, but I really like seeing people do a spin on something I've laid the groundwork for and make it come to life. I would be playing the character mentioned in her backstory, Michael Kay, describing the first time they meet and the trials and tribulations afterwards.

If you're at all interested, do not hesitate to ask questions! I am more than willing to answer.

Last edited:
Back