Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Caer Manor Ruins

As written by Krysis

While the coffee was brewing, Pierette would go assess the damage done to the front entryway. After all, it needed fixing, and before she got cleaned up would make more sense than after. And the coffee would take a few minutes.

Discovering that the busted door was a bit too heavy for her to lift on her own, even broken in two as it was, she had to enlist the aid of the remaining spawn.

Which was how she came to realize some of them were dead. Even the only one she knew by name, Sibel, was a crunchy mess on the front lawn. By the time she realized what was going on, there was no saving any of them, and the living spawn had fresh, dark stains around their mouths. Still, she tried to play it cool, knowing better than to show any sort of weakness to the little monsters. "Damn. Well, I wouldn't have wanted to live like that, but this isn't exactly the best way to go either, guys."

Then the smell hit her and she staggered away to puke in what used to be a bush. Blood, great. Torn flesh, yummy. Busted bowels and stomach acids on the cold rot of the spawns' bodies? Everything she had eaten (and drank) that day would end up on the ground.

At least she would be thoroughly sober after that.

As written by Knosis

Jamie's words were not lost upon her. It looked as though she were going to let go, but then continued to drain the girl. Soon the thrashing and the whimpers would weaken, and the woman would slip into the eternal night. Noemi would not let go of the woman until she was sure she was gone, and even then she hugged the dead unknown woman.

Noemi gazed at her. She couldn't have been much younger than she was, only a few years. She had murdered her in cold blood, without the ability to fight or run. That right had been taken from her for a long time, and she had been in captivity and kept in fear until the end, tortured for the pure intent of using her as a constant feeding ground. She found that she couldn't feel guilty about what she had done to the woman. Instead, and most curiously, she found she envied her slightly. It took a moment before she spoke again. "Yes.." She acknowledged Jamie quietly. "But she's free now." She slowly stood up, wiping the blood from her face.

As written by Emperor Jester

Nox would pause at the top of the stairs, gazing down into the darkness with a cruel, thin smile on his lips. Good. She'd taken her first life, even if the reasons behind it were less than ideal. His daughter had taken the first step to making him proud, whether she wanted to admit it or not. He'd have Jamie teach her how to fight eventually, even though he knew beyond a doubt she may very well use that very knowledge in an attempt on Nox's life. In the end though, it'd be more useful than detrimental.

On the other hand, he was down a blood-sow, which would have to be replaced at some point. At least that would be fun. There were a few girls from various districts he'd made contact with. Perhaps the redhead from Lemeux would be best. The teenager had a scent about her that hinted she might pair well with a strong, jammy red. "Is everything alright down here?" He'd call, noiselessly descending the stairs as he did so. "I smell blood, so I imagine the two of you have fed?"

Without pausing, the Caer would stoop before a young blonde girl, the twin of the girl he'd turned earlier, before Jamie had arrived. She'd scream behind her bonds and thrash, trying to get away from the monster who had taken her sister.

A tsk of annoyance followed by a sharp, wet, snap as Nox stomped down hard on the adolescent's knee, effectively stopping her movement and breaking the joint in one fell swoop. "Enough of your crying. At least your kin had the decency to just shut up and accept her fate." Another stomp, followed by another on the opposite leg, repeatedly until the girl had either ceased her screams and cries, passing out from blood loss or dying of shock. It was only then that Nox would begin to feed, slicing away flesh in strips, careful to not get any on his clothes.

"And she tasted better, too."

As written by Script

"I suppose." Jamie nodded his head. Death was, undoubtedly, preferable to the fate these other girls were left to.

That was proven doubly true when Nox arrived and began to feed. Even Jamie raised an eyebrow. So the Caer did eat his prey, rather than simply draining them. He hadn't been sure if that was just an exaggeration.

He'd wait until Nox had finished eating before he spoke again.

"So, now what?"

As written by Knosis

As if to prove what Noemi did had a point, the fledgling watched as her father tortured the woman he fed on. Fury burned in her eyes, her nails digging into the palms of her hands until they broke flesh.

'So, now what?' Jamie's words weren't meant to make hostilities, but over the short time she had been brought into the manor, her anger had done nothing but increase ten fold.

Noemi gritted her teeth as a low hissing growl escaped her throat. She found herself rushing over to Nox, hands reaching for his neck as she found herself wanting to rip his throat out.

Not seconds before Noemi was upon him, Nox would rise from his meal, surprisingly clean of blood, with the exception of his hands and lips of course. In a flash, the Caer would grab his "daughter's" wrist, making no effort to spare her any pain.

"What do you think you're doing Noemi? Was that an attempt to stop me? To kill me? Your dear Father?"

There was a harsh edge to his voice, cold and sharp like steel, eyes narrowed to thin slits.

As written by Script

Jamie made no move to intervene in the sudden violence, observing silently from where he stood beside the last living girl.

Slow, he thought. If he sired you, you can go faster. You just need to stop thinking at human speeds.

As written by Knosis

Her own eyes narrowed and she hissed at him with anger, ignoring the sharp pain in her wrist that was in his grasp. "Every chance I get, I plan to try to put a end to you." She spat. She didn't cower, even knowing the possible pain that was about to come to her. She struggled against his grasp, attempting even still to try to get in even a single blow upon him.

As he seemed more occupied with her wrist, she tried for the old fashioned approach of hitting him where it hurt the most. Swiftly she tried to pull him towards her, counter balancing herself against that inertia in order to try to kick him in the groin.

Once again, tonight was proving to be full of surprises, and much to his own discredit, Nox had not anticipated such a low blow. However, much TO his credit, he hardly so much as flinched, despite the delicate nature of the area under attack. With a roar, he'd lift his daughter by her arms, as high into the air as he could, before slamming his arms downward as fast as his body allowed.

He essentially turned her into a humanoid whip, smacking her entire lower body into the stone floor with enough force to shatter bone, and even crack the cement at the point of initial impact.

Then, before she'd have a chance to recover, a hard-bottomed leather boot would meet her face where he dropped her, a toe-first kick that any soccer player would be proud of, smashing her nose and teeth inward and down her throat, practically slingshotting her body away from him and into, literally into, the wall by the base of the stairs.

"You're about four centuries too young to try and kill me yet, daughter."

As written by Knosis

She didn't even have a chance to squeak as the violence ensued. Like a ragdoll, the woman was flung into the wall in which she dropped to to the floor. Pain shot through her body and she could swear every bone in her body was broken. She laid there dazed, liquid seeping from her wounds.

After a long period of silence, she pushed herself up with her good arm, her ice blue eyes locking up onto Nox. Her jaw was broken, but her message was clear as normal. Her broken flesh was swiftly knitting back together, and the wounds would not stay long.

After readjusting his jacket, and cursing the blood now on his fine leather boots, Nox would return her fixed gaze with equal contempt. "Now then, if we're being acting like spoiled brats, then lets move this party upstairs. I have company waiting for me, and I must show Jamie to his room."

As he made his way to the stairs, he'd tap his daughter's foot with the toe of his shoe, the unbloodied one. "When you're done picking yourself up, head upstairs and get yourself presentable. Tomorrow night, you'll be visiting your friends in the police department for me, so you may need to figure out a story as to why you've been missing so much work." Nox would then continue his flight back to the ground floor, eager to leave the scene behind him.

As written by Script

As Nox left, Jamie followed after him, offering only a small wave to Noemi as he passed by.

"What do you want me to do?" he asked as they emerged out onto the ground floor. "Are there people you want me to fight? Or do you want me to keep an ear on Sylvestre's plans?"

He wrinkled his nose. "Spying is lame. But I'm in a decent position to do it. I already have a reputation for being stupid and unpredictable. They won't question if I disappear occasionally. Or if I take an interest in what they're doing about you."

As written by Krysis

Pierette had taken the first pot of coffee upstairs with her to finish, but was considerate enough to start a second pot before she got in the shower. It didn't take her long, just enough to get the smell out of her hair and let her cleanse the memory of the sounds from her immediate thoughts.

Then there was a pleasant distraction. She had bought a new dress with the money Nox had given her, and spent more on this one thing than the entire rest of her wardrobe. Even including her former 'best' pink silk sheath dress. Yes, it was still a knock-off, but a good one. Again she marveled over how such a simple dress, plain black with a short, flared skirt, could cost so much. It certainly was worth it though, since she felt beautiful when she put it on. With her short hair still damp and clinging to her scalp, and only dark plum lipstick for make-up, Perilous would carry her shoes rather than try to manage the stairs in the clunky suede-and-steel pumps.

It never occurred to her that anyone would witness her barefoot progress or catch her sitting on the bottom steps to fasten the straps.

As written by Knosis

Noemi's body slowly healed itself and she curled up into a tight ball as the rest of her slowly healed. She wanted to scream, but wouldn't give Nox the satisfaction that he had gotten to her. She slowly sat up and leaned against the wall, looking at the one surviving woman that Jamie had taken blood from.

She had to learn how to simmer her temper. Control her thoughts. Nox was not going to be pleased if she kept trying this, and eventually, he may just kill her.

She continued to sit there in silence, listening to the soft weeping of the woman and the creaking of the old manor.

Once upstairs, Nox would turn to Jamie while he was still on his way up. "I apologize for that scene. Things in the household are normally much calmer, but tonight has been a whirl wind. As for your assignments, well...we'll discuss that once I've introduced you to my mistress of affairs."

Emerging back into the dining room, he'd close the door behind the two of them, ushering his guest back towards the grand hall. "Once we meet up with her, the three of us will relax to the east parlor. Noemi will join us when she collects herself."

Once they'd reach their destination, Nox would first notice the half-door propped against itself in the style of a makeshift barricade, and then Perilous. "Ah, there you are." He'd make the introductions before continuing. "You look marvelous, Pierette. I'm glad you to my advice to heart. And good idea with the door. Wouldn't want more unwanted visitors tonight."

As written by Script

Jamie nodded his head in silent acquiescence, continuing to trail Nox. When they reached Pierette, the young vampire fixed her with a stare. A normal human? That was strange.

"Hello," he greeted her flatly, tilting his head. It would likely be obvious that he had been the source of the disturbance that had delivered the front door its fate - his clothing still in tatters and blood still drying on his skin, where the wounds that it had originated from had already closed.

As written by Krysis

"Mmhmm. Of course. Shall I serve coffee and tidbits? East parlor, I think I heard?" Pierette grinned at Jamie for a moment before giving her attention to Nox. Her clever hands, long fingered and narrow (though some of her fingers had been broken at one point in the distant past), would brush at the back of her skirt as she stood up to make sure there was no clinging dust. It wasn't exactly obvious that she was avoiding looking too closely at Jamie, but his torn clothes would have been very distracting to someone like her if she allowed herself to think about it.

"Perhaps a nice warm robe for your guest as well, m'lord?" Pierette gave a smile that was full of empty delight, though her eyes were fiendishly amused, as she folded her hands demurely. Perilous was enjoying the part of a refined hostess. Of course, it was merely a part that she played, and one that could vanish as needed.

She wasn't sure if Nox wanted to discuss plans in front of this 'guest', so she would not even allude to her true purpose in the Caeruleum household.

As written by glmstr

I think this is the right way...
The gentle but hurried clacking of steel-lined boots and the rhythmic rolling of small wheels on cement broke the silence on the sidewalk, there was nothing alive in sight aside from the lone figure. Aurelie wore her full outfit, mask and all, and had a rolling suitcase trailing behind her and a duffel bag slung over her shoulder. She used to know exactly where the Caerulum Manor was, but it was largely forgotten over the last half-century and she only remembered the general area to look in.

After what felt like an hour or two, she came across her destination: A massive and beautiful mansion dilapidated from being abandoned for so long and abused by squatters. However, something seemed different, as if someone was tending to the grounds and the building once again. The lawn was (mostly) maintained, and one of the doors seemed to be stood up in the threshold even after it fell from the hinges at some point.

The vampire shrugged and made her way to the massive entrance, and the scent of blood nearly made her jump from the sudden strength of the aroma. Nox must have returned to claim this place again.

Aurelie placed her bag and suitcase on the front porch and removed her mask.
She took a deep breath and knocked on the still-working door.

Nox had opened his mouth to continue when a soft rapping at the door turned his head, eyes alighting with cold fire. Tonight was beginning to push every single button he had and with a snarl that could barely pass for "Excuse me.", he turned from his guests once more, practically flying over to the entry way.

Flinging the good side of the door open with enough rage as to cause the hinges to groan and the doorknob to crash into its opposing wall, the Caer would fix the most recent uninvited guest with wide eyes full of hate. That didn't change, even once he recognized Aurelie. "What! Do! You! WANT?!"

The words came out forced, as if every fiber in his being simply wished to remove the girl's head from her shoulders then and there. If one more intruder showed up tonight, or if one more thing went wrong...

As written by Script

Jamie looked down at himself, considering the tattered state of his clothes for a moment before answering Pierette. "Sure. Something like that."

He didn't get cold, but he figured that he should probably throw something more respectable on. The Caer seemed to value appearances.

As Aurelie was approaching the door, Jamie turned to face it with a raised eyebrow. "Someone else is on their way," he remarked a few moments before the knock came. When Nox went to answer, he remained in place, watching from behind him with a blank expression.

Back