Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Lupaix

as written by Knosis

Anyone who hadn't dealt with supernaturals before wouldn't have been able to grasp what she had just witnessed. Most werewolves possessed inhuman strength, even when they weren't in their lupine form. As the door ripped away, it clicked to her something that hadn't been obvious before.

She was with a vampire.

She would be lying if she said at that moment she wasn't afraid, and it clearly showed in her eyes. However, she wouldn't run or beg for her life, or break down and cry. It would have been futile and disgraceful as she had been in this man's grasp since she had intervened with that other man. She stared up into the man's eyes defiantly, waiting for his move. "You know." She said, her voice shaking but miraculously it didn't crack. "I had to wait months to get that cruiser."

as written by Emperor Jester

Nox couldn't help but falter, even for a split second. He felt something well up deep in his chest, and it felt odd, off even. Before he could stop himself, or even realize what was happening, the dark haired giant was bellowing forth genuine laughter, though it still held the cold tone his voice had taken, like ice slipping and cracking over gravel. "Oh that is rich! I think thats the first funny thing anyone has ever said to me in...centuries. You're a clever girl." A pause, licking his thin, pale lips with an oddly pointed tongue.

"Strong too. Brave. There is an iron will in you, female. Most of my other prey broke before I ever laid a finger on them. It seems most mortals these days cannot stare death in the eyes and keep their sanity." Some how, he had closed the distance even further, and a finger was about to slide across her cheek. Cold, black, almost frost bitten in appearance, with a shard of ebon iron for a nail. "I am glad I found you instead of that male who soiled my clothing. I feel like you'll be more fun."

as written by Knosis

Her eyes narrowed on him as she steeled herself. She moved her cheek away from his touch, not fleetingly as if driven by fear to move away, but more as though she were fighting as much as she could to avoid him touching her.

"Death is nothing to be afraid of, monsieur." She answered, her voice still shaken by less so than before. "I have lived my life knowing my next move could be my last, and Death is no stranger." She explained.

"Oh? I agree with your sentiments, death is nothing to be scared of. Its the toll death takes on the body and mind before it ends its dance, however, that drives most to madness." His smile somewhat broke as she moved away. A flash of annoyed anger across his ice-blue eyes, a narrowing of the pupils.

"Come now. You act like I'm going to kill you tonight. No, madame, I think I'll have more fun with you than that..." As if to emphasize his foul intentions, Nox proceeded to draw forth a long, slender dagger from his sterling white duster, while simultaneously removing the jacket, laying it on the trunk of her cruiser.

as written by Knosis

She raised a brow at the knife, and the heavy lump of fear of the unknown returned to her gut. What was he planning to do with her then? What could she do, even if she objected? Humans weren't exactly prepared to fight back by any means. From a speaking point, they were almost mythical, legend-- Stories your parents told you. Police were trained to handle werewolves, who were proven to be flesh and blood just like humans. But vampires?

"And what kind of 'fun' are you planning, then? Figure I have the right to ask." She glared boldly back. She was unsure whether the block of fear that weighed her down or her shear stubbornness to not turn her back on this man kept her from running.

"A simple kind, really. I wish to enjoy you, officer. Slowly. Exploring every inch of you, every strand of hair, every scrap of flesh, every nook, cranny, and vein. Sample everything your body could offer me, in both a carnal and a predatory sense." A wild smile, wide and sinister, flashing teeth that seemed to gnash together uncontrollably whenever Nox spoke. The knife danced from finger to finger, from hand to hand, flashing in the light of the street.

"But I won't be killing you. Not today. Probably. I might, if I get too excited. Its been known to happen. Just look at some of my other toys this past month alone. I bet you police have been having a hard time figuring out what would drive a mongrel to do what I've done to those...young, lush, nubile bodies." A lick of the lips, every second and every word driving away the guise of humanity he wore, replacing it with the visage of a bloodthirsty monster, blood sick and hungry.

as written by Knosis

Noémi's hand slowly strayed to the weapon at her side, keeping her eyes on the creature before her. "So.. You're the cause of some of the attacks in the area lately, then?" She asked cautiously, slowly pressing her thumb against the clasp firmly, trying her best to make the clasp come off silently. Perhaps, if she were to injury him, she could get away.

If she had to be honest, being kept alive as this creature put her through torture was more fearful than being killed at all. And more annoyingly, she would be at his mercy. His plaything, until he was done with her. Her eyes narrowed on the man. "I have seen some of the cases recently, and while many may question why it was done.. I didn't need the answer. I knew why. Just like all serial killers do what they do. Usually they are looking for something. Some consider it 'art' in their mind. Something to fill a void that they can only get by killing the way that they do."

"You call them toys, but you know you're looking for something within them, more than just flesh and blood. That is what I believe." The clasp of her holster made a snap as it released and she swore echoed across the street. Time seemed to freeze for a brief moment.

The dagger flew with speed and dexterity beyond that of a mortal, slicing deep into the hand by Noémi's side, spraying a small fan of blood across the pavement before landing with a soft clang. "I appreciate your efforts to analyze me, but come now. I'm nothing like those criminals and deranged lunatics you see in your precinct. The sheep do not get to berate the wolf for how he slaughters them. Or perhaps a large cat would be a more appropriate analogy. Cats seem to like to toy with their food. Much like I do."

A step, or perhaps a darting jump, and he was on her, hand to her throat, slamming her against the cruiser. From this close up, the scent of dried blood washed out from his mouth, and his fangs stained red from countless victims. How could she have missed it? His touch was far colder than it had been before, almost burning, as if contact alone was enough to begin the process of frostbite. Like a ragdoll, he'd slam her against the car again and again, ramming her shoulder against the metal until he heard a loud, organic crack. Then again. And again. Each time his smile getting wider and wider.

as written by Knosis

It all happened too fast for the woman to register what was going on. She felt the sharp pain in her hand reacted naturally, withdrawing her hand away from the source of pain.

'Too late.' Was the only two words that resounded in her mind before she found herself caught by the throat and battered senseless against the cruiser. The very first blow knocked the wind out of her as searing pain raced up her side, thigh and, most of all, her shoulder. Her very bones felt battered, and she had very little time to react before she was lifted and slammed against the cruiser once again. This process repeated over and over, and all she could act out in reaction were grunts and whines of pain with the small gasps of air she managed to find between hits. The audible crack resounded in her teeth, and her eyes opened wide, tears falling down her cheeks in response of her bones giving up under the abuse. Her other arm some how made it to his hand on her throat as she tore at his flesh to try to pull him away, knowing it was useless as the abuse continued.

Nox stopped for a moment, watching her struggle. "You really are a fighter, my dear. By now, all the others had simply given up. It spoiled the taste, really. You fight for your life so hard. Why is it so special?" He'd wait for her to answer, loosening his grip just enough to allow her to speak. If she could. Honestly, he was surprised she hadn't passed out from shock yet. She was resilient. She fought against her fate. She struggled so, so hard, knowing the whole time it was meaningless. It was worthy of admiration, and all the while, it was sad, pathetic.

She reminded him of some one. No one special, just a child from a long time ago, when his family was at its peak of power. Sparing her, was of course, out of the question. Still, no need to kill her tonight. The entertainment would be most delicious if drawn out over many nights. By then, who knew if Nox would still kill her. He might think of a more cruel purpose for her life.

as written by Knosis

She gasped heavily and leaned against her captor's hand. She was trembling with effort to stay up, the stars dancing in her eyes. His questions edged its way to her mind, creeping around the darkness that her mind so wanted to fade to. Why was she fighting? Good question. Heaven knows she wanted this to end quickly. Her life would have been short and simple. Achieved, mostly. But something kept her from just letting go of this life just yet.

He would feel her shake softly as soft, airy chuckles passed her lips. Her lips curled upward slightly as a sad, pitiful smile spread across her face. Slowly, she spoke. Her voice cracked at times, and it was hard to understand her she was so soft.

"I guess.. It is the c-cards.. I was dealt.." She looked up to him, a small spark in her dimming eyes. "A-and I plan.. to return them.."

"Even now, at the brink of breaking, you think you might have what it takes to get revenge? Turn the tables on me?" A short, barking laugh, ice cracking over hard stone. "I must admit, I am curious." With his free hand, Nox bent her undamaged elbow back until he felt bone and tendon strain against each other. And then pushed it back a little more. And a little more. Until dislocation was secured with a sound half way between a shatter and a pop.

Then, using one long, black claw, he'd rip her shirt, enough to expose her mid-drift. Like an icy blade, he carved on her flesh. His house's marker, over and over, each time just deep enough to draw blood, to scar. Six times he did this, until stopping to lick the blood off of his fingers, and to check on her conscious state of course. "Are you still awake?" He was having trouble knowing for sure.

as written by Knosis

The pain brought her back from the brink of the darkness. She groaned and cried out as she struggled to try to pull her arm away from him. Her futile efforts were rewarded with the other arm rendered useless and the thing lay crooked at her side as he went to carving into her middle.

She was pretty much in a state of consciousness but she was aware of nothing around her anymore. Her eyes stared blankly into the open, her breathing coming in rapid bursts. Tears leaked heedlessly down her cheeks, the blood still dripping from her sliced hand.

Nox finished his work and stood back for a moment, admiring himself. Well, stood back as much as he could while still holding her aloft. "There there. Its almost over for tonight, my dear. But don't worry. I'll be sure to visit you again." With the tender care a parent might use to lay a toddler down to rest, he sat her in the seat of her cruiser, before reaching for the radio.

"You all better come and find this girl. Wouldn't want anything else to happen to the miss." A despite the static filled, almost instant reply, his only response was to rip the radio console from the cares dashboard before smiting it against the pavement. With a few gentle slaps, he did his best to rouse her before leaving the officer behind. "I've tasted your blood now, girl. And I will taste it again. You intrigue me so much, I've decided to study you for the time being. Don't bother trying to leave the city, and certainly don't think about killing yourself. After all, you want a rematch, don't you?"

Nox would then kiss her forehead, after wiping his bloody hands on the remains of her shirt, before once more donning his pristine white leather duster, and disappearing into the night.

as written by Knosis

The woman was trembling furiously as she woke from the state of unawareness she had been in. Pain screamed through her body and her mind wanted nothing more than to shut out all the pain. But she heard his last words. Her fingers curled into a fist, bound and determined to stay awake now and used the pain as a catalyst.

She knew his words to be true. They would meet again. And again. Until something in the cycle proved it needed to change, she would be his to torture all he wanted.

She was left alone with her thoughts, helpless as she was to move or do anything but stare out in the open. Her anger just continued to build.

She would meet him again.

as written by Script

Seri snorted, "Only if you're planning to dig up a sack of tasty bones for the rest of you pooches," he retorted, sticking close to Brendan's heels. He might have relaxed his tongue, but being back on the streets after the events of the night before made him nervous.

"And here I expected to be riding around in style on some five hundred horsepower two-wheeled monster," he added, before smirking, "That'd draw a bit too much attention though, I guess."

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Lialore

Brendan stuffed his hands into his front pockets as he weaved between trash cans and twisted bits of leftover furniture that had been dumped. He probably wasn’t paying as much attention as he should be, but in all honesty, he wasn’t expecting any trouble.

He chuckled light-heartedly, the sound echoing off the bricks of the alleyway they were walking down.

“Ey… Bikes are dangerous, y’know. Call me a pooch.

Anyway, how’ve you been? Sure it ain’t been plain sailin’, but yer’ heads still on yer’ shoulders so I guess things ain’t been too bad. I’ll say without much doubt that I’m one o’ the more liberal folks we got.”

as written by Script

"And you guys never do anything dangerous," Seri remarked, raising an eyebrow.

He shrugged in answer to Brendan's question as they walked, casting his eyes around watchfully. The werecat was nothing if not paranoid, which would perhaps make up for Brendan's inattentiveness.

"They could've been worse," he answered after a moment, "Being mostly ignored whilst having a roof over my head is a step up from burgling meds and food from pantries to keep myself and a half dozen kids alive. Me and Cass were the only ones who ever got anything useful done most of the time."

He paused. "Still, 'least the shits in the Phantom Quarter who made trouble for us couldn't afford guns."

as written by Lialore

“I don’t do much danger. Done some roofing last month. That was pretty bad” he joked.

Brendan nodded along to the boy’s words. Indeed, they could’ve been treated much worse. But perhaps that was yet to come. He was sure they hadn’t entangled with all of the pack. Although, Ragenard’s type of acceptance was sure to do them some favours.

“Hm. No guns, just some teeth and crazy. Think a lot o’ people might prefer to be shot than bit. Eh?”

He hushed as they were about to cross their first street, emerging from an alley one side and disappearing into another opposite. It wasn't far now before they’d reach his planned pick-up spot. Brendan dug out his battered phone.

as written by Script

"Teeth and crazy are easier to discourage with claws," Seri noted dryly, "At least when they belong to malnourished hobo werewolves, and not some bulky ex-soldier. Once you've taken a few eyes out, you get mostly left alone."

Back