Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Lupaix

The man chuckled. "Well, I suppose I'm not always right," he stated, shrugging his shoulders. "Either way, I'm fairly certain I was right about you being lost. I'm not going to hurt you, little one. Why would I do that? Even if I was wrong about you and your sire's relation, we are still kin. That makes us hunted, even if you're unaware of it. The paladins in this city would not rest if they knew we walked the streets."

He stopped his approach, pausing to tilt his head. "Will you not let me help you?"

"I'm not lost, just misplaced where I was going, there's a difference and no one is going to attack a child. I was at Valentine Park, among the Paladins and no one even batted an eye. I am nothing more than a child to them and I don't need your help. Go away before my sire kills you." Valentina narrowed her eyes, not trusting the stranger at all, especially since he was so insistent on helping her. NomNom snarled in warning towards the male, salivating fangs flashing in what little light there was where they were at. "Go away."

The man sighed, folding his arms and shaking his head. "Your kitten is something of a giveaway, little one," he remarked. "But I can see you're not going to listen."

His face broke in a smile, then, and he spread his arms. As he did, a fan of knives rose out from concealed pockets in his coat. "That's good. It means we get to do this the fun way."

As he spoke, the blades shot through the air towards Valentina and NomNom. There were a dozen of them in total, and they swept through the air like a swarm of oversized flies. Their target was NomNom, directed to slash through him in a crisscross of steel in an attempt to eviscerate him.

"Not really... could be a necromancer or something. Or maybe my papa was a necromancer and gave me NomNom as a gift to protect me. Either way, go away." Valentina barely got out her words before the male was suddenly smiling, a cold sensation running up and down her spine. This was not good, not at all. Why was he smiling at her? Why didn't he go away and leave her alone? Was he even a vampire? What if he was something else? Those thoughts and a thousand more rushed through her head the moment the knives rose from his pocket. "SHIT!" She shouted as they rushed towards NomNom. The tiger knocked her off to the side with his paw before making an attempt to duck beneath the blades, though his massive size was the perfect target.

"NomNom, nooooooo!" Valentina screamed, struggling to get back up, rushing over towards her only friend.

The knives pierced through the cat's body in arcs, each pass severing tendons and flesh and sawing at bone. They continued to buzz around him like angry bees, though they seemed to be avoiding quite reaching the point of reducing NomNom to pieces.

"If you tell me who your sire is, I'll make the knives stop," Eloi stated coolly. "They can be temperamental, and they do so hate to leave a job unfinished, but if you sate me with knowledge... I won't have to sate them with your dear kitten's life."

Valentina stopped in her tracks, watching the blades intently as NomNom howled in pain, the beast snarling as he fought to get back up to his feet. Shifting her gaze towards the bastard hurting her friend, she frowned deeply at his question, unsure why it was so important to learn who her sire was. Why was it even any of his business? Still, if it would save her kitty, then maybe it was worth it. He didn't have to know that she was dead and had never been to Lutetia. Or should she say Sanina? Biting on her bottom lip, she decided to leave Sanina's name out of things just in case no one was supposed to know about her. "Fine! I'll tell you, just leave him alone!" Clenching her fists down at her side, she sniffed before fighting to get a hold on herself.

"Her name is Lily Rosetti."

The knives paused, but didn't retreat from their positions, still crowding around NomNom threateningly. "And where is she? Is she here, in Lutetia?" Eloi asked, tilting his head. "I would very much like to speak with her."

She was digging herself a hole, one she might not get out of, but Valentina needed to save her kitty. He was more than just her pet, he was her companion and the bastard was threatening him and at that moment, she was going to do whatever she needed just to save him. "Make the knives go away and I will tell you all you want to know." Val hoped he would do as she asked, because she had absolutely no weapons on her, trusting NomNom to protect her.

"Deal?"

"I propose instead, that you tell me what I want to know, and then I'll make the knives disappear." Eloi answered, smiling again with just as little warmth. "You have my word that no harm will come to your kitten if you answer my questions honestly."

Did she have a choice? No. If he got pissed off, he would chop her baby into a million pieces while she watched unable to do a thing. Frowning, Val just gave up, deciding to play by his rules for the moment until she was able to figure something else out. Her gaze drifted momentarily towards NomNom who was still snarling angrily, though he did not move at all, realizing the danger.

"Fine... she is here, yes. She is currently shopping."

Eloi narrowed his eyes, and a single dagger scythed through the air and into NomNom's side. "Do not lie to me, little one. I will be able to tell. I will ask you again, where is your sire?"

The other knives around NomNom began to circle threateningly, and the one that had plunged into him quivered as though desperate for further carnage.

NomNom howled in pain when the dagger sank into his side, the sound heartbreaking to Valentina. Of course the bastard could tell if she was lying, that was just her luck. Frowning, not wanting her bud to be hurt any further, she decided to just tell him the truth. Maybe then they would be left alone "Fine! She's dead. She was killed before I came over to Lutetia. Please, just leave me and NomNom alone!" She frowned, wondering if maybe she should have mentioned Sanina. Maybe that would have made the creep disappear.

Eloi raised an eyebrow. Dead, was she? "Then how is it you came to be here in Lutetia? Surely not all alone? Being a child as young as you, travel cannot have been easy to come by without help. Who aided you? Are they also here in Lutetia?"

The dagger in NomNom's side retracted, as a show of 'good faith' for her speaking the truth.

She hated that he was continuing to push her for questions, knowing that it was for nefarious reason, or at least that was her suspicion. He would know if she was lying, he already proved that, but the child vampire was having problems outing Sanina. Valentina fought for a way out of this without giving up who had brought her, but was quickly running out of ideas. "I didn't come alone, but those that brought me are decaying now..."

Eloi chuckled. "Clever," he noted. "A technical truth, but alas, an easily recognisable one. You must cooperate with me more thoroughly, little one. Or else I will have to assume you are attempting to avoid answering my questions. And you know what will happen then, of course."

The knives drew closer to their target, thrumming with anticipation.

"Tell me of those that brought you. In as much detail as you can. Names, locations... I want to know it all. And when you do, you are free to go."

"Why the hell do you even want to know? I am growing tired of your nosy behavior. I told you what you wanted to know and you said once you knew who my sire was, you would let NomNom go, so do that! Stop threatening." Valentina knew this probably would not go well, but she was not about to give up those that brought her over, especially to someone that was an absolute stranger. If he did kill her kitty, she would run as fast as she could and get back to Sanina and tell her what happened. "Please just leave us alone..."

The knives sunk in, piercing through NomNom's body and staying there, dug just into the surface to hold him in place. Eloi fixed his eyes on Valentina, devoid of all emotion. "Answer my questions. Or your kitten will die. Slowly, and with all the beautiful pain that it is within my not inconsiderable expertise to inflict."

He brought one hand up, ever so slowly, as though caressing some invisible figure. As he did, one of the knives scored a deep gash across NomNom's flesh, cutting up and across his flank.

"Time is running out, little one."

"STOP IT, YOU FUCK!" Valentina spat out vehemently the moment the knives all sank into NomNom, the beast howling and snarling in pain as it tried to get up off the ground despite being pinned down. She clenched her fists tight against her side, knowing that this was the last time she would see her kitty alive. Noble or not, she couldn't give up those that brought her over, not wanting to put them in danger. It was her fault she left the manor without permission and she had to face the consequences. It was like losing her parents all over again, only this time Lily wasn't here to rescue her. No, she had to rescue herself. Fighting to block out the sounds of her friend and ignoring the tears that were streaming down her cheeks, she spun on her heel and took off like a shot, needing to get back to people.

With a sickening chorus of tearing flesh and wails, Eloi commanded the knives embedded into NomNom's body to spin and scythe through it, eviscerating the cat-creature's body into chunks. With it dispatched, he started after Valentina, long strides practically skimming him across the ground. His knives soared through the air after him, and with a flick of his wrist, he sent one careening through the air towards the back of the little girl's leg, seeking to embed it there and leave her crippled.

"You can't escape me, little one. Do not try. There is only one way in which you walk away from this encounter alive, and that is by answering my questions." He called after her, his voice just as level as before, apparently unphased by the violence.

Her heart felt like it had just been ripped out of her chest, but she refused to look backwards. Instead, Valentina kept her little legs pumping up an down as she fought to keep running, knowing he was following her. He was lying; no matter what he said, he wouldn't let her walk away alive. No, there was something evil about him and she couldn't let him get her. The child felt something slamming into the back of her leg and she fell forward, crying out in pain. She struggled to get the blade out, needing to be able to get back up again and keep running despite the pain radiating through her tiny form. "Go away!! I'm not a snitch!"

Back