Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Lupaix

Despite Valentina's best efforts, it seemed the knife had a mind of its own. Every time she tugged at it, it tugged back, sinking deeper into her leg and twitching aggressively. As she lay there, the remained of the blades swept around to surround her just as they had NomNom. Eloi paced closer, closing the distance between them in a few short strides until he was looming over her fragile body. His face split in a sinister smile as he gazed down upon her struggles, and with each of her cries of pain, his staring grew only more intense.

As she gave one particularly vocal shriek, he took a sharp intake of breath, clenching his fists.

"Your suffering is truly beautiful..." he whispered, crouching down to place a pallid, black-nailed hand upon her head, trailing it through her hair. "It is far too rare that I get to experience the agony of one so... fresh." Eloi took another deep breath, closing his eyes as though savouring the moment, before he spoke again.

"Do you understand the position you are in, little one?" He asked, opening his eyes and meeting hers. "I am going to ask you a question again. For every question that you answer truthfully, without seeking to evade or deceive me... I will make your pain less. For every question you refuse to answer, or answer falsely... I will multiply it."

The hand in her hair tightened from a caress into a grip, tugging her hair hard enough to pull a few strands free.

"Understand?" he hissed. "Now. Let's try this one again. What are the names of those who brought you here? All of them."

The pain was worse than anything she had felt in her life. The dagger was doing to her what it had done to her kitty and she knew at that moment, just how much she screwed up. When her screams did not bring anyone to her aid, she fought to stand up, but paused in her motions at the sight of the blades buzzing around her. Visions of what happened to NomNom slid through her head and she tried to snarl at the male when he towered over her, but the pain was just too much. Her child form was not meant to endure this much agony, regardless of being a vampire. Tears continued to cascade down her cheeks and the hopes of him taking pity on her were washed away at his words. He was getting pleasure from her pain? He was a sick bastard, but there was no way she was going to voice that thought, especially not after he gripped her hair tightly, pulling out some of her locks, painfully. Hissing, she gave up, shoulders slumping.

"Fine... fine, I'll tell you everything you want to know." Her voice was strained, heavy with emotion. "I came over with Ceriana Sangre and her pets Anison Knightley and Vanessa LeBeau."

"A falsehood," Eloi said softly, although he did not sound disappointed. If anything, he seemed pleased. "And as promised..."

A second dagger thrust forwards, embedding itself into the back of her other knee and twisting. Eloi chuckled darkly, licking his lips.

"The pain is multiplied. I ask you again. What are the names of those who brought you here?"

"It isn't!" Valentina cried out when the second blade made its home in the back of her other knee, the pain unbearable. She knew there wouldn't be much more she could take, but the thought of giving up the person that brought her over here, saved her to an extent did not set well with her. "I'm being truthful! Why do you even want to know?!" Val questioned, hoping to sidetrack him enough to figure out a new plan.

"I can see your soul, little one," Eloi stated calmly, his eyes once more flashing silver with ethereal light. "You cannot deceive me."

Two more blades dove into the girl's body, this time piercing through both of her hands and pinning them to the ground. "Why I want to know is not important. You will tell me. What are their names?"

This was that moment when Valentina wished she had learned to shroud her soul from prying eyes. That would have solved a lot of her issues. Her body was on pain overload and she screamed out again when her hands were pinned down to the ground. The vampire was losing her will to keep lying and wondered if she just told him, if she would be set free and all of this would be over. Saving her ass should be her number one priority, right? "F-fine!" She managed, sobbing openly at how much she was hurting. Wait, if he could see her soul, couldn't he just see who brought her over?

"A boat brought me over here from another land far away. There were others in the boat, but I don't know who they are... they never gave me there names! There were beasts too... like wolves, but I don't know if they were true beasts or what, but they were scary. I was never told their names!" She whimpered, body in immense pain.

Even as Valentina was finishing speaking, four more knives plunged into her body. Two into her chest, and two into her stomach. "The wonderful thing about vampiric physiology," Eloi remarked, his voice a whisper. "Is that it has a much higher threshold for harm. I can inflict so much more pain on you than I could on a mere human, without having to worry about you dying..."

He tugged her head back to force her to meet his eyes, staring deep into them. "Give me their names. You continue to lie to me. I am a patient man, little one. And the more you refuse to answer me, the more fun I get to have with your suffering." Again, his face split into a sickly smile. "You will break, eventually. Why continue to fight it? It only prolongs your pain."

Valentina's screams echoed down the empty street as the blades slammed into her tiny frame, the sound bouncing off buildings, but going no further. Why couldn't someone walk down the street and save her. Her body burned in agony and his words haunted her deeply. Yelping the moment her head was jerked backwards, the child almost spilled right then and in truth, had no real reason to protect them other than the fact that she in turn had been protected in the past. Well, mainly by Viktor, but that wasn't the point. Sanina didn't have to let her come, but she did and the little one owed the female. "Never going to break. Torture me, but those names will never be spoken." Val spit at his face, trying to be brave for the last time. "Get.Away.From.Me."

Eloi's grin only widened, and as it did, he laughed. It was an unsettling, hollow sound, echoing through the night with a borderline psychotic ring to it. "Oh, little girl. You protest, but you know there is no hope." He brought one hand up to wipe the spit from his cheek, not moving back away from her even an inch as he stared into her eyes. "You say you are not going to break... but remember... I can tell when you are lying."

The final four daggers plunged from the air into Valentina's body, two into her upper legs and two into her back. Each of the blades already in her twisted aggressively, amplifying the pain they were causing anew. "Speak, speak little one. Now or later, I don't care. You've betrayed it with your own heart, your own words. I know you will break..." Eloi laughed again, into her face, his eyes wide with monstrous glee.

Shuddering involuntarily at the sound of his laughter, Valentina knew without a doubt that he was right. She would break eventually, but until then, she was not going to give up any names. She cried out when the rest of the daggers slammed into her body, turning her into a pin cushion, the vampire sobbed, screaming in agony when they all twisted inside of her body, the pain nearly unbearable. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, signalling just how much pain she was in, her young mind not able to cope with the trauma. "Get away from me." She managed, voice wavering as she whimpered and cried out again, eyes clenching in an attempt to block out what was happening.

This time, Eloi said nothing. Instead, he drew out a single, smaller knife from the inside of his coat, and held it up where Valentina could see it. Then, excruciatingly slowly, he brought it down to her face and began to draw it across her cheek, slicing through the skin and the flesh at an agonising crawl.

The daggers in her body lay still, for the most part, but every now and then one would twitch violently, sending another spasm of pain into that part of the girl's body. As he drew the blade across her face, Eloi began to hum a children's rhyme.

No matter how hard she tried, Val couldn't stop the ear-peircing scream when she felt him cutting into her cheek slowly. She writhed in pain, the occasional twisting of the other blades making it impossible to remain still, which meant she was jerking around while a blade was inches from her lavender eyes, which remained tightly closed. Shrieking again, she tried to free at least one of her hands, knowing that there was a chance that it would be absolutely worthless, but she had to try something. If only she had worn the band around her ankle, she wouldn't be in this predicament. Go figure the one time she left it beyond, shit happened. She was wearing her charm bracelet though, which until she had a chance to stop screaming and clear her mind, wasn't going to do her a lot of good. If she could have a moment of concentration, she knew she could use one of the charms and make the bastard pay for what he was doing to her; for what he had done to her kitty. The children's rhyme was incredibly eerie and it took another round of screaming before she was able to sort of concentrate on the charms, knowing she needed to focus before he realized what she was doing.

Eloi drew the blade up and around Valentina's eye, carving a trail out to the side. For a moment, it seemed that was where it would end. Only for a moment, however. It passed, and like lightning, he plunged the knife into the girl's eye socket, piercing through her eyelid and stabbing into her eye. With a jerk of his wrist, he flicked the knife out and to the side, gouging her eyeball out and pulling it free, impaled upon the end of his knife.

"Such beautiful eyes..." he whispered beneath the sound of her screaming. "Won't you tell me what I want to know, little one? It would be such a shame for you to lose both of them."

A piercing white light shot through her clenched eyes, well eye at the very moment he plunged the knife into one, ripping it out. She screamed until her voice was hoarse, the pain unbelievable, worse than anything she even imagined. Body writhing yet again as she fought through the pain, Val knew that he was going to kill her if she didn't tell; but the little one couldn't help but feel he would kill her regardless. No, her best bet was to get one of her charms working on her behalf. Maybe the one that would conjure up a shield... no, that wouldn't do shit considering the knives were already inside of her. She couldn't use the charm meant for NomNom since he was gone. Her mind was muddled and hazed over thanks to the pain, but she fought past her fear; past her agony until tapping into a strength that was do doubt left over from Lily. She focused on the little charm that looked like a little dog, knowing if she was able to properly tap into that magic, she would bring forth a pair of giant, feral werewolves from another dimension, determined to set them on the bastard. If she failed, she was so very screwed.

"Your willpower is admirable for some so young," Eloi whispered. "But that will only make it more satisfying when it snaps."

As he spoke, he reached down to one of her hands and violently snapped back one of her fingers, breaking it. "Your soul is dancing, little one. What are you trying to do?"

The little vampire ignored his words, barely fighting through the pain in order to continue what she was doing, needing the beasts more than ever, especially if she expected to live. However, the moment he snapped back one of her fingers, Valentina screamed in agony, eye snapping open momentarily before shutting again, refusing to give him the satisfaction he wanted. Her pain threshold had been reached long ago and she was barely holding on, but she still had her charms, so there was still hope. She said nothing and as the charm started to glow, she could feel the power needed, the plane of the area beginning to waver; starting to open up to allow the creatures through.

Eloi's eyes flashed with excitement when it became apparent the girl was trying to resist. Snatching free one of the knives from her right palm, he stabbed it downwards into her wrist, aiming to pierce straight through the charm and through her arm.

"Tut tut ... we can't be having that, little one. You are not permitted ... hope." Gleefully, the vampire drunk in her despair, basking in it. "Answer me, child. That is the only way this suffering will stop."

Just like that, hope was snatched from her, or rather stabbed violently from her. Unable to even scream loudly anymore, throat torn thanks to how much she had been screaming, Valentina just writhed in pain, tears streaming down her cheeks. She should have been quicker with the charms, should have used them when he first started to cut into NomNom. That hesitation cost her greatly and the only thing she had left that might help is her wings, but she was pinned down pretty good. "Leave.Me.Alone.Or.Else." She managed, refusing to give him the satisfaction no matter the cost. She shuddered involuntarily, body starting to give up.

"There is no 'or else', little one." Eloi said, pulling the knife free of her wrist. "You have no hope. Nobody is coming to rescue you. If you do not answer me, you will die. And you will die suffering. Should you fall unconscious, I will wait for your body to recover, and then when you wake, we will begin anew. I am very patient. How many times will we play this game, before you surrender?"

Her hand was free as was her arm and that was a glimmering hope for Valentina. Jerking off her jacket in order to free her wings, the little one let them expand behind her while she grabbed for the dagger in her other hand, intending on jerking it out in order to fly the hell away. She still had no idea where the wings came from, but at this moment was incredibly grateful for them, knowing that she could fly away and recuperate even if it meant parts of her were ripped out. "Never surrendering." She spat out, wings beginning to flap behind her.

Back