Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: Lupaix

The cat was half asleep by the time Aimee next spoke, which had Millie yawning a bit and stretching her skinny, furred arms out straight before resting her head back down once more against Aimee's neck. She did not almost fall asleep this time, but instead remained awake and alert as to where they were, attempting to memorize the names of some of the businesses around and what the buildings looked like: shapes, smells, sights, sounds, everything a person might need to understand a location.

Remaining upon Aimee's shoulder as the door to the building was opened and flights of stairs were climbed, Millie only stirred once the apartment door was opened. A graceful leap had Millie transforming back to her naked human self by the time she hit the floor which was to say she landed on feet instead of paws, in a delicate crouch. Unfolding herself, she stood, not caring so much about her nakedness now that they were in Aimee's private home. Golden eyes studied the place a moment before exclaiming, "I love it!" She clapped her hands in excitement and bounced a bit on her toes before meandering her way around.

"So...why don't you have first dibs on a shower? I will be happy to take somewhat cold leftovers as the imposing roomie should." She smiled winsomely right before her stomach growled which then turned that smile into one of sheepish apology, "Though, perhaps I'm also just wanting something to eat first before I shower." Glancing at her stomach, she accused jokingly, "Traitor."

Walking closer to Aimee, her smile faltered a bit as she got a good look at what she had definitely not been paying attention to before with having her own problems to deal with. "Aimee...? What in the world happened to you?" She was peering at the injured side of Aimee's face.

The moment Millie had jumped down to the floor; Aimee stretched both arms above her head, letting her back and shoulders pop in some attempt to relieve the tension that had built up within the muscles. Releasing a deep sigh, feeling a smidge better, her gaze shifted back towards the female as she returned to her human form. Nakedness didn’t bother her at all and she just glanced around, not sure what was so awesome that Millie would declare she loved it, but that didn’t matter at the time.

“You can help yourself to anything in the fridge, freezer, or cabinets while I shower. I won’t use up all the hot water, though my water tank is pretty amazing.” Smiling a little, though not enough to tug on the stitches, Aimee mentally hoped she had more bandages around since she didn’t think to snag some from the Med Center before leaving. Unable to help herself, she flinched and backed away a little from Millie before grunting and sliding off the jacket, revealing the cast-type-thing around her injured arm.

“Let’s just say a bitch is going to die when I find her again and leave it at that.” Shrugging a bit, Aimee relaxed a little before tilting her head to the side. “Don’t open the door to anyone while I am in the shower. I don’t care if they say they’ve got a huge gaping hole in their stomach.” She didn’t want to worry her new friend, but things at the moment were very dangerous and she didn’t know if anyone bad knew where she lived.

Millie stopped her advancement as Aimee flinched and backed away, not wanting to be too pushy or forceful, but stitches and a cast...blech. It was obvious the girl had had some sort of girl fight, and though Millie desperately wanted to know more, being a tad on the nosy side, she left it alone. "I hope she looks worse than you right now, and I will claw her eyes out if you want some help," though a grin formed on her face, her gilded eyes were serious.

As she turned and trotted toward the kitchen, she called out, "I won't dare touch the door, so no worries on that front. By the way..." the mention of possible visitors brought back her worry for her own sake, and she asked as casually as she could muster, "You wouldn't happen to have some bolt cutters, would you?" As an afterthought since that was an odd question for a naked woman to ask, she added, "I kinda need some to get this collar off." And even that may not work, but it was worth a shot, right?

She opened up the fridge and pulled out some cheese, plopping it on the counter and then began rummaging about the drawers for a knife or cheese slicer.

“Well…. They did say they wanted to take my eyes… so it’s only fitting that you claw out hers. I…” She paused, remembering how her father had shown up and saved her life. That act no longer made any sense and she was still fighting with her emotions, the memories incredibly raw. Exhaling deeply, Aimee just shook her head a little.

“She probably doesn’t look worse than me. I’m not a very good fighter… that’s something I definitely want to change, but we can talk after we’ve both showered.” Placing her jacket on the coat rack by the door, she blinked at the bolt cutter question. “Let me think while I shower. I just might have something to help.”

With that, Aimee moved into the bathroom. Stripping out of her clothing, she grimaced and tossed them into the hamper, making a note to wash them immediately to keep her apartment from reeking from the stench. Her gaze shifted towards the mirror and she released a sigh, knowing that the scars would be with her forever, but for the first time, she was determined to ensure that it didn’t happen again. She was tired of being a liability and wanted to prove to Ragenard and to the rest that she was worth being a member of the pack. Removing the bandage, she tossed it into the trash and climbed into the shower, ready to get clean.

Millie's eyes grew huge and luminescent at the idea of 'taking' someone's eyes...what the heck was that all about, and who the heck was that bitch?! Seriously, who did that? A frown creased her unlined brow and tipped the corners of her lips downward. She had a feeling that if Aimee could not really handle the situation (the fact that the other girl did not look worse) than Millie certainly wouldn't be able to. She was not trained in such things, though it was not unheard of for familiars to train in combat in order to help their witch or warlock in a fight. A screaming banshee of a cat coming toward your face could definitely be a distraction.

As Aimee moved off to the bathroom, Millie tucked a fluffy curl behind one ear and then ignored it when it sprang outward once more. In finding the silverware, she lifted out a knife and deftly sliced the cheese, then she found the butter, bread, and a skillet. In Millie's mind, nothing healed the soul like a grilled cheese sandwich.

One positive thing (perhaps the only positive) she learned from the old hag who had been her first witch was cooking. A chilled darkness entered her heart as she remembered the cooking lessons the bitch had mandated, and her right hand flexed before balling into a fist. "You're okay. You're safe now," she whispered to herself out loud, and she inhaled slowly through her nose and exhaled past her lips. Slender fingers stiffly uncurled from their clenched position, and she resumed cooking.

Two sandwiches were plated with a small bunch of grapes and placed on the table. Millie went ahead and ate hers, one leg drawn up to her chest, foot braced on the chair's seat, chin on her knee, and one arm wrapped around it. The good ole grilled cheese hit the spot like usual, and by the time Aimee would exit from the shower, both the sandwich and the grapes would be gone leaving only some crumbs and stems.

It was more difficult than she realized to shower with one hand, but she managed to wash every inch of her body, thankful for her shower puff. Careful to not bust open her stitches on her face, she cleaned the area before deftly washing and then conditioning her hair. Once every inch of her was rinsed off, Aimee shut off the water and grabbed a fluffy towel, drying herself off. Wrapping the towel around her body, she moved out of the bathroom into her bedroom, which was across the hall. Exhaling, she shut the door behind her, tossing the towel into the second hamper. Grabbing a pair of gym shorts and a baggy t-shirt, she slid into both.

“Mmm… smell food.” Digging around her drawers, she found some pants and shirts that she figured would fit Millie before moving out into the living room.

“I’m out. Here’s something clothing that might fit you. Let me look around for those bolt cutters first thought.” Aimee moved to the utility closet and opened the door, beginning to dig around. Finding a first aid kit, she sat it off the side before snatching a pair of bolt cutters.

“Woah, I do have bolt cutters.” Grinning, she closed the door and placed them down on the kitchen table by the empty plate. “Shower is all yours.” She added, glad she was able to talk and smile a bit more than before. Hopefully that meant she was actually starting to heal.

The sound of rushing water from the shower lulled Millicent into tranquility as she sat in that same spot, eyes closing and head drooping in a slight list to the right. She didn't even hear when the shower turned off, so sleepy was she, but she did start at the sound of Aimee's voice as she once more entered the living room.

Millie looked up with a smile and took the clothes gratefully, holding them to her chest. The thought of needing a job if she was to buy her own clothes and, you know, help with the rent and such crossed her mind, but she put it away for later inspection. First things first: meet all your needs, and right now she had shelter and food. There was still safety, and that would happen once the collar was disposed of.

"Thanks, Aimee," she said quietly, and lifted the bolt cutters to take with her into the bathroom so she could actually see what she was doing. She stood there staring at herself in the mirror for a long moment before she lifted the cutters and carefully opened them to spread around the collar's links, then gritting her teeth, she forced them to close with a snap!

Before she knew what happened, she was flung backward with a crack against the shower wall and crumpling to the shower floor with the bolt cutters spinning on the tiles in front of the toilet. "Holy...mother f..." she couldn't decide which curse was most appropriate for what the hell had just happened! Lifting a hand to touch the back of her head and was glad to see there was no blood, just a rising bruise. "I'm okay!" she called out just in case Aimee heard the commotion, and she picked herself up off the shower floor and turned on the water.

She used Aimee's soap, shampoo, and conditioner until she was all clean, and then stepped out of the shower to dry herself off. She wasn't entirely sure what had happened, but she knew she sure wasn't going to be using those bolt cutters again, and she was half afraid to even pick them up now. She brushed her hair and dressed in some pants and one of the shirts Aimee had loaned her before carefully picking up the bolt cutters, holding them out in front of her with two fingers, and walking back into the living room. "Um...didn't work and nearly killed me." She offered her new friend a sheepish look.

Aimee was in the middle of munching on the grilled cheese sandwich when she heard the loud noise coming from the bathroom. Nearly choking, she was quickly sliding to her feet just as Millie called out that she was okay. Sitting back down, she drank a glass of water to force down the bite before continuing. Once finished with the grub, she carried the plates to the dishwasher and put them into the appropriate slots. Closing the door, she moved to the living room, settling down on the couch, leaning back with a heavy sigh. She was almost asleep by the time Millie entered the living room and with heavy lidded eyes, Aimee peered at her.

“So, what’s up with the collar anyways…?” She questioned, hoping she wasn’t being too nosy. Taking the bolt cutters from her newfound bud, Aimee placed them down on the coffee table, not really in the mood to get up and put them away.

Millie was glad when Aimee took the bolt cutters from her, and she walked into the kitchen to fill a cloth with ice before placing it against the back of her throbbing head. Rounding the coffee table, she sat down next to Aimee, one knee bent under her, and the other bare foot resting on the floor but bouncing just a bit nervously.

"So...you know I can shift into a cat as there was that one awkward moment. Guess what, but this is another one. Awkward moment, that is, not another cat." She chuckled softly and then lifted her shoulders in a shrug and gave a huge sigh. "I was hoping to be rid of the collar and not have to worry you or myself with this tidbit, but I belong to someone. Not in a sexual way." She let that sink in a moment as she tried to come up with a better way to say it before continuing, "More in a forced to be way. I had a really bad experience the first time, and so I decided I did not want to give this time a shot. I left and ran away to here. The collar is what binds me to him, and I have a feeling he did something to the collar to reinforce it's strength, and I can't get it off."

Shifting as Millie sat down with her with an icepack, Aimee turned to face her, chuckling a little at her quick mention that there was another awkward moment, not another cat. Listening to the explanation, she mused, wondering if that meant her owner would be coming after her. The thought of losing her friend so quickly didn’t set well with her, but it was obvious if he was strong, she would have problems fighting him. That was just another reason to start bulking up and learning to fight.

“Hnn, I will do my best to keep you safe. Can he track you with the collar?” Aimee questioned softly, her fingers running through her hair before she leaned back against the arm of the couch. “Maybe it’s time we both start training?”

Millie pressed her elbow to the couch pillow to help rest her arm with the hand holding the ice pack to her head. She nibbled the inside of her cheek as she considered Aimee's question. "I mean...I think so? To be honest, we did not spend much time together before I took off. He collared me, and that night I left. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if there was some tracking enchantment he placed on the collar as well as whatever is impeding me from removing it. I'd almost ask you to try, but I'm afraid it will knock you into the wall as hard as it did me."

A shake of her head was given at Aimee's offer, "No, you don't need to protect me, Aimee. I'd never ask for such a thing aside from telling someone I'm not here if they were at the door. I do like the idea of us training together, though. That could be fun. Do you know someone who could whip us into shape?"

“Hnn, I wouldn’t be strong enough with my injured wrist to try anyways. We’ll figure out a way to get it off though, somehow.” Smiling a little, Aimee kept leaning against the arm of the couch, not exactly sure who she could get to train the two of them. It wasn’t like she could saunter back to the Med Center with Mille and ask one of the guys to train them, so her options were pretty limited. Deciding maybe just to find a hardcore gym, she nodded a bit at her thought, wanting to prove herself.

“Definitely won’t let on that you’re around if anyone shows up. As for someone that can whip us into shape, the people I know are busy with other things, so we will just have to scout out some gyms and go from there.” Aimee smiled a bit more, fingers running through her hair.

Pulling the ice pack from the back of her head, Millie looked down at the cold and damp cloth, tracing a finger over and over it. "I hope so." What she also really hoped for was that her master had not caught up to her here yet. It would give her time to find a way to remove the collar and perhaps also take some classes at whichever gym they decided on.

"Perhaps a gym with a self-defense class. I better get a job first, so I can pay because I think not paying is frowned upon." She sent Aimee a quick, teasing grin. "So that will be a goal for me tomorrow: find a job and maybe someone who can remove enchantments." Millie liked having a plan. She was not normally the impulsive type, but sometimes there was a need for impulsivity.

“Check. Gym with a self-defense class.” Aimee nodded her head, making mental notes before pausing when Millie mentioned getting a job. On one hand, it would be helpful to have addition funds to help with rent and junk, but on the other hand, it wasn’t fair for her to make her bud pay for anything. Exhaling a little, she chewed on the inside of her cheek before shaking her head.

“You don’t have to pay for anything, Millie. I wouldn’t feel right asking you to pay. You’re my guest.” She smiled and ran her fingers against her forehead, the headache returning. “Looking for someone who can remove enchantments is a good idea though. Just be careful, the streets aren’t safe anymore… well, they really weren’t safe to begin with.” Grunting, Aimee left it at that, though she would answer what questions were asked, for the most part at least.

Tilting her head, Millie studied Aimee with a quizzical expression, "That's a seriously nice thing to say, Aimee, but I'd like to think of myself as more your roommate than your guest," she winked, "after all, I don't know how long I'll be staying. And roommates help pay rent. And utilities. And I should help with buying food. So many things to use money for, and you shouldn't have to shoulder all that alone. Friends help each other, and I'd like to think we have the beginning of a friendship."

A nod was given at the agreement of enchantment removal, but she would have to be careful not to find another witch or warlock in the Familiar circuit.

Catching a yawn behind her hand, she then smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. I'm not exactly the outdoorsy type, and sleeping outside was not much of actual sleeping. Is the couch my bed?" She wouldn't mind if it was as it was pretty comfortable. She bounced on it a little bit.

“Hmm… it’s been a while since I’ve had a roommate. I would like that… a lot.” Smiling, Aimee couldn’t help but hope that the same thing didn’t happen to Millie that happened to her old roommates, that was a whole other issue. What was better than having a new roommate? Having a new friend. Nodding her head, she leaned back and stretched out her back. “Definitely the beginning of a friendship.” Her fingers poked a bit at her forehead, trying to figure out what part was beginning to hurt before she yawned right after Millie, unable to help herself.

“I haven’t really had much sleep lately either. You don’t have to sleep on the couch, I do have an extra bedroom, but you can sleep wherever you want, it doesn’t matter to me.” Smiling, Aimee leaned over and patted Millie on the arm.

“Oh, uhh… if you hear me screaming, just ignore it as much as you can. I tend to have night terrors.” While that was half true, she didn’t want to go into things too much at the moment, the memories still too raw.

A pleased grin was sent across the couch to Aimee, Millie's new roommate, perhaps first roommate ever as she didn't consider her normal job as Familiar to be a roomie position. "Me, too, Aimee." Reaching across the back of the sofa, she took Aimee's good hand and squeezed in a friendly way before letting go.

"I'll definitely take the extra bedroom since I'm the roommate." Her grin turned cheeky right up until the moment Aimee told her about screaming..."Did you just say night terrors? Uh, that sounds absolutely miserable. I know I've read something about them...something like don't wake them up? Or is that sleep walkers...? Maybe both? I don't know. I'll disregard the screaming unless you use my name."

Standing, Millie lifted her arms and stretched her tiny self and then smiled down at Aimee. "I think it's time for bed for the both of us. Tomorrow is a new day, and a happier day than I've had in a long time. Aimee, you're my life saver. We are going to have so much fun!" Now knowing the lay of the apartment, she headed to the second bedroom, her own new space. Flopping herself onto the bed, she was asleep in seconds.

“I guess I’ve been through a lot of heavy shit and my mind is having issues coping… maybe they won’t come since I’ve got a roommate now.” Aimee smiled a little, knowing that this was new territory for the both of them, but hopefully it would work out for the best. She definitely needed a ton of distractions after the past few days.

“Bedtime sounds great.” Sliding up to her feet, Aimee smiled brightly at Millie, glad that she was happy to be around. Moving towards her own room, she paused a moment before making her way to the front door, ensuring it was locked. Nodding in satisfaction, she made her way to her bedroom and stepped inside, closing the door before exhaling deeply. Her fingers ran through her hair and she sat down on the bed, glancing up at her ceiling before peering over a picture of her and her father.

“Damn it…” Flopping onto her bed, she grasped the covers and yanked them over her, still trying to figure out what possessed her father to do what he did.

The next morning Millie awoke early after sleeping like the dead. Somehow she had managed, after awaking from a nightmare, to undress and slip beneath the sheets where she passed out once more into, thankfully, a dreamless sleep. Now she was wide awake and surprisingly happy, though she thought Aimee had a lot to do with that.

Rolling out of bed, the familiar dressed in the jeans and a clean shirt before heading to the bathroom and washing her face with the soap she found there. Hands braced against the sink counter, and she lifted golden eyes to the mirror and studied the honey gold corkscrew curls mixed with the brown and black against the dusky skin of her cheeks and neck. Her eyes strayed to the linked gold about her throat, and one side of her lip curled up in a sneer. Today she would get this removed.

Walking out of the bathroom, she headed to the kitchen where she began to cook, cracking some eggs into a bowl and whisking them until the yolks bled together and turned the mixture bright orange-yellow. Some butter was added to the pan and as it melted, she poured the mixture into it as well. While the eggs were cooking, she poured two glasses of juice and began a couple pieces of toast. Humming disjointedly to herself, she added salt and pepper to the eggs and delighted as they began to crackle until finished. Two plates were fixed with eggs and buttered toast, and she set the table, hoping Aimee wouldn't be too long.

Despite how hard she tried, Aimee couldn’t sleep. After a few hours of tossing and turning, she slid out of the bed and moved quietly into the bathroom to shower again, wanting to keep herself busy until morning. Once nice and clean, though she hadn’t really gotten dirty after her previous shower, the female made her way back into her bedroom and just sat down on the bed, legs crossing beneath her body.

“Alright… you need to figure shit out, because you can’t go back to drinking… It’s time to start proving yourself. Maybe it’s good that Millie came into your life at this juncture.” Speaking softly to herself, Aimee laid back down on the bed and just waited until morning.

She might have dozed off for a little, but the moment she felt Millie moving around, her eyes snapped open and she slid out of the bed. Snatching a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, she pulled them on with great difficulty before running her fingers through her hair to fix the strands. Peeking into the mirror, she scowled a little at the stitches that ran across part of her face before just snorting. Stepping out of her bedroom, she followed her nose to the kitchen and blinked at the food on the table.

“So, I think it’s best if you cook and I do the cleaning or something. I can make umm… peanut butter sandwiches and umm… heat up soup. That’s about it.” Grinning a little, Aimee slid into her chair, inhaling the delicious scent of the grub. “Looks delicious.”

Back