Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Lutetia City: The Monastery Courtyard

as written by Krysis

"Yeah yeah. You could teach the class already, Inarin." Celeste gave an affectionate sigh as she looked at her friend, then a friendly wave 'good bye' to Cam as she jogged off towards the infirmary to find out where Jimmy had ended up.

Or Aaro. Finding Aaro would be good too, since he might know what happened.

Or Rei, because Celeste was hoping that the snippet of seeing Rei leave with the man in white had been just a bad dream and that the other 'girl' had made it back safely.

She was almost nauseous with worry about her friends because of Pierette as well. The text message from her sister during breakfast had been... ominous. There was just no telling what kind of trouble they had all gotten into.

as written by Faithy

Jimmy had remained unconscious the entire trip to the Monastery and even all the way to the infirmary. It was during the time he was being fixed up that he started to wake up, his mind still under the influence of the alcohol and drug. He tried a few times to get out of the bed and away from the nurses, but he wasn’t very successful. After the last time, he was given an injection to knock him back out since it wasn’t safe for him to be moving and thrashing about with his injuries and unstable movement. He stayed out for the remainder of what was left of the night, though when then light peeked into the windows, he was abruptly woken up, much to his dismay. Groaning, he moved his good hand against his face, not enjoying the hangover that was making its presence known.

“Ugh…” He grumbled, struggling to sit up, though he didn’t quite make it all the way up. Upon glancing over towards his arm, he realized it had a cast from mid shoulder all the way down to his wrist and just by how bulky his shirt was, he knew that his ribs were wrapped as well. What in the hell had happened the previous night? He struggled to remember the Rave, but the last he recalled was flirting with Elisabeth and then talking to Pierette and being offered a pill.

What happened after I took the pill…? He fought through the haze, but nothing was coming to light

as written by glmstr

"Ugh. That's right, Grunxa is next. I love the content, but she drives me nuts," Camille huffed.

Aside from swordsmanship, History was by far Camille's favorite subject. It was the only reason he worked hard in that class, Grunxa's unnecessary strictness - as well as the occasional rude remarks she'd make about him or other classmates - caused him to truly detest the nun.

as written by Script

Inarin shrugged, smiling faintly. "She's not so bad, I don't think. She just cares a lot about our learning... A lot of proselytes don't think that things like history and other academic subjects are important at all, compared to fighting."

He sighed. If that weren't the case, people like Izaic wouldn't give him such a hard time.

as written by glmstr

"I don't want to be rude, but those sorts of paladins just get sent off as pawns to die. While you may or may not necessarily be on the frontlines with your intelligence, you'll surely survive much longer," Camille bent backwards and stretched.
"I think I know who you're talking about, and I'm pretty confident that they'll end up going down that path. Yes, it's cynical, but that's how those bully-types usually end up in life."

as written by Script

Inarin frowned. "I hope not," he said after a moment. "N-nobody deserves that. J... just because someone's not got an aptitude for academia... or even an interest. That doesn't mean they're stupid, or that they're going to end up ... I mean, they shouldn't get that far, if that were the case. Th... there's a reason that taking the silver's not just based off of how good you are with a sword. So that that doesn't happen."

He shook his head, sighing. "And... I'm not talking about anyone in particular. Just... that's why Sister Grunxa is so strict, and zealous. Because she's trying to get through to the people who don't think her classes are important, since she knows they are. She just cares a lot."

as written by Krysis

Celeste let herself into the infirmary about the time Inarin and Cam were talking about the fates of bullies. She slipped past the nurse that was busy with paperwork in order to reach Jimmy. Making a 'shush' gesture with her finger against her lips, she would approach the older boy quietly.

Only when she was close enough to breathe in his ear did she whisper, "Wanna get free air?". Which was an odd way to put it, but since 's' sounds tended to carry further, she was avoiding the more natural phrasing.

Even if he didn't want to leave, she would help him finish sitting up at the very least.

as written by Faithy

It bothered him that he couldn’t remember the majority of the night’s events because it meant that he was not in control during that time. Whatever happened, he knew it had to be bad because why else would he be injured and in the infirmary? Crap! If he was here, where was everyone else? Did they all get expelled? Was he about to get booted out too? Maybe the nurses were just waiting for him to wake up before they tossed him out onto the street. Jimmy had started to panic and was about to speak his concerns out loud when his gaze fell upon Celeste. Relief rushed through his body despite remembering the verbal lashing she had given him at the Rave. He probably deserved it. Maybe she was the one that did this to him?

Just nodding at her when she indicated he needed to remain quiet, Jimmy remained in his half seated position and waited for her to either finish him off or berate him more for his stupidity last night. Instead, she leaned in close and whispered something he was not expecting at all. Glancing over towards her, Jimmy nodded again and gave a thumbs up with the hand he was leaning on. His gaze shifted towards the nurse, glad to see that she was busy before he swung his legs so that they were on the floor. Pushing himself up with his good hand, he winced before just shaking his head, letting her help him up to his feet.

“Ready…” He whispered, his eyes upon the back of the nurse.

as written by Krysis

Getting Jimmy out completely without the nurse noticing would be difficult, but Celeste was up to the task. She helped Jimmy walk only when they could hear the scratching of pen on paper, since he couldn't step as quietly as Celeste. In the hallway, she'd help him to hold on to the wall as she eased the door shut.

Then she grinned at Jimmy, seeming to not remember yelling at him at all. "I'm so glad you are okay! When you missed breakfast, I was worried, then someone said you were in the infirmary."

Her arm would be snug around his waist then, assuming he needed further assistance. "Inarin is in the courtyard. He is studying, of course, but maybe we can compare notes about last night. Maybe."

as written by Faithy

If anyone happened to see them attempting to sneak out of the infirmary, Jimmy was fairly certain that they looked rather comical. He wanted to find a dark area and just hide, still unsure how they hadn’t been expelled yet. Maybe the staff was just waiting for them to be somewhere public so that an example could be made of all of them. When they finally made it into the hallway, he release a breath he didn’t even know he had been holding. Leaning against the wall while Celeste closed the door, he was surprised just how friendly and worried she appeared towards him. Maybe … wait… Pierette did mention something about drugging her… so maybe she didn’t remember just like he didn’t remember the majority of his night. Either way, this wasn’t the place to discuss the Rave.

“I missed breakfast…? No wonder my stomach is growling unhappily at me. Celeste… I… Oh… Inarin’s studying? So, he’s okay? What about Aaro..? And… …Rei and Au… err… I forgot her name. Is your sister okay?” Jimmy knew he was asking a number of questions, but he was worried about the other Proselytes. He was supposed to be the one protecting him and something told him that wasn’t what happened last night. Allowing her to help him towards the courtyard, Jimmy attempted to ignore how terrible the sunlight was making him feel. At least he wasn’t throwing up.

“There’s a point where it all goes black for me…” He managed, shaking his head a little.

as written by Krysis

"Me too. Got back to the VIP section and then nothing." Celeste admitted with a worried frown. "I was hoping that, if someone had messed with our heads, you might have been immune. Because of that class."

She gave a wry smile about his concern, which mirrored her own from that morning. "Aaro is fine, he didn't miss breakfast. I haven't seen Rei yet, but that isn't unusual. Pierette has more lives than a cat. I don't think anything Could kill her. No idea about the albino chick but if Rei isn't back yet, they are probably still together."

Their pace would be slow, but steady, as Celeste was determined to get Jimmy to the courtyard, where they would have the camouflage of the other proselytes around them.

as written by glmstr

"I guess she does care a lot about our academic future, but I still don't always see eye-to-eye with her," Camille finished his croissant and wiped his mouth with a napkin. He closed his box of pastries in order to shield them from the sun, and moved it into the shade. His hands found their way back to being gingerly laced together in his lap.

The proselyte began to idly people-watch while waiting either for someone to say something, or for someone he knew to appear.

as written by Emperor Jester

It was then that Izaic would make his daily excursion to the courtyard, practice blade in hand. This time the core had been replaced with one of platinum. He'd been saving his entire past two years to obtain it. Platinum was extremely heavy, and above all else, today was dedicated to one thing: building his pure, raw strength and endurance.

He'd gone all out. Dressed in his heavy-practice gear, simulating the weight of a real suit of armor, the chocolate-haired youth had taken it one step further. Underneath his attire, he wore countless weight bands. Even the threads of his tank-top and slacks were interwoven with heavier, denser thread. All of his allowances had gone towards practical purchases, materials and gear to help him reach his pinnacle, and then push past it.

It was only after beginning that he'd registered Inarin and Cam sitting across the yard, and his eyes went wide behind his visor. His tongue felt heavy and his heart was skipping beats.

And Izaic loathed every second of it...

The proselyte hadn't even noticed that he'd stopped his routine, dark brown eyes fixed on two. On one in particular.

as written by Faithy

“You ripped me a new one, Celeste. Shortly after you returned to the VIP section. Pierette admitted to putting a pill in your water bottle, which is probably why you reacted how you did. I uhh… I might have been immune had I not had so much to drink and then… because I was so upset at that guy... I took one of her pills she offered me and that was the last I remembered.” Jimmy shook his head a little before cringing at the movement. He wanted to sit back down again and maybe throw up all of the booze he had downed the previous night. Despite feeling terrible, he was grateful that Aaro was alright enough to eat breakfast and though he was incredibly irked at Pierette, he was glad she was okay too. When Rei was mentioned though, Jimmy chewed on the inside of his cheek before swearing softly.

“I vaguely remember saying something to Rei while trying to attack that Malcolm guy… but I can’t really remember what I said nor why I wanted to fight that male so badly.” Sighing, Jimmy shrugged with one shoulder and trid to pick up their pace, wanting them to get to Inarin already so they could see how much he remembered from the previous night.

as written by Script

Inarin laughed, shrugging his shoulders and smiling brightly at Cam. "I guess I've never been on her bad side, so I haven't had to worry about it."

Only after a moment did he realise that what he'd said could have been easily interpreted as bragging, and he flushed self-consciously, running a hand through his hair with a bashful wince, "I don't- I don't mean that I ... ah..."

His eyes wandered as he searched for the right words to try and explain himself (unnecessarily), and as they did, he spotted Izaic across the courtyard. He stopped abruptly in mid-sentence upon realising that the older proselyte was staring at them, and blinked with confusion.

What had he done to draw Izaic's ire this time?

as written by glmstr

Camille giggled as his peer became flustered trying to correct himself.
"I know what you meant to say, you don't confront the teachers if they say something that isn't quite right," the proselyte adjusted that uncooperative lock of hair again, tucking it behind his ear.
Inarin had stopped mid sentence and begun to look elsewhere, so the Lacroix boy naturally followed his gaze to see what had his attention: Izaic. The proselyte was behind him and staring at the two of them, Camille turned to him and flashed a scowl before he could stop himself.

as written by Krysis

Celeste gave a secret little smile. She knew Rei wasn't what she seemed to be, but had never mentioned it. After all, if Rei wanted to pretend, well, there were worse things. It didn't help that with the way the church raised them, many of the proselytes seemed gender confused.

There was several examples of that confusion in sight the moment they entered the courtyard. "I did? Uh. Sorry, I guess? And that sounds like Pierette. I love my sister, but she is bad news alot of the time."

"Uh oh. Hey! Guys! Look who I found still in bed!" Celeste cried out, hoping to forestall whatever unpleasantness was in store between Izaic and the slight-built boys.

as written by Faithy

“It’s alright, Celeste. I probably deserved every word you said. I wasn’t myself last night… not really.” Jimmy wasn’t going to admit it, but there was a part of him that craved to do that again. He was always sort of a free bird when it came to experiencing things and apparently he had the type of personality that was fairly addictive in nature. The rush that he felt was something he wanted to experience again, though this time not with the others. He should have never let them go with him.

“I shouldn’t have taken the pill or drank so much. I let you all down and I’m sorry.” Jimmy shook his head, frowning over at Celeste before spotting Inarin with another Proselyte who he couldn’t recall the name of. Their gaze was locked upon Izaic and he flinched at Celste crying out, her loud voice sending nails into his already pulsating hangover headache. Shooting Izaic a look, Jimmy moved over to where Inarin was and eased himself down beside the younger male, smiling over at Cam in the process.

as written by Emperor Jester

Others had joined in one the scene, and Izaic couldn't have been happier. The distraction was enough for him to register what he was doing, and bury it, returning to his exercise. The ground would soon be covered in battle scars from his practice as Izaic continued to hone a style he was developing for himself. It was a vertical-favoring sword style, and it seemed to be purely offensive in nature.

Eventually, Izaic would begin to loosen his grip on the blade as his momentum began to peak. He was attempting to wield a greatsword, a broad-blade claymore variant, single handedly. And he wasn't doing bad. However, the mistake came when he attempted to finish out a chain of murderous frontal slashes combo'd with various punches and kicks. It seemed that Izaic was more than up to the task. But then his finger slipped. His panicked for a quick second, but that was enough to throw off his entire rhythm.

The practice gear would sail from his hand and into the air, crashing down on Izaic's shoulder blade before the youth would have a chance to duck out of the way.

It would only enrage him. Tearing off his helmet with a curse, he'd kick it square across the courtyard, careless of the direction in which he let it fly.

as written by Script

Celeste's shout snapped Inarin out of his moment of confusion, and he awkwardly looked away from Izaic - who seemed to have returned to practicing, thankfully - to face her and Jimmy. He smiled to the pair, offering a small wave. "I-it's good to see you're okay, Jimmy," he said as the other proselyte sat beside him. "I- uh, apart from the ... arm... I mean, good that you're up. And uh-"

He inwardly cursed. "Y-you know what I mean."

With a sigh, he closed the book on his lap. He wasn't going to get any reading done with the others around, and it wasn't that important anyway. "So... how much do you re-"

It was at that moment that he was interrupted, as a helmet clattered violently into the wall on the opposite side of him to Jimmy, less than a meter away, rebounding with a loud metallic thunk and rolling to a halt in the grass. He yelped and flinched away a good half a second too late to have done any good if he'd been in the line of fire. "Wh-wha..?" he stammered, looking back over to where Izaic was stood with wide eyes.

Back