Akashic Arcana Magical Theories Class: First Years, Rank A, Day One

Artoria's cheeks would barely visibly glow pink as she blushed from the embarrassment of Neti's comment at her actions. Thankfully, her visor hid most of her face so it wasn't completely obvious. She cleared her throat in an attempt to refocus herself, and further explained, "Application of Divine Magic is different, depending on the person. I focused more on strengthening my magical defense, while my offense is covered by my physical prowess and swordsmanship. For example, Sir Lancelot's and Sir Galahad's magic is heavily offensive based, while one of my father's closest advisers is considered one of, if not the best, healers in the world. Divine Magic's greatest strength is its versatility, in my opinion."

Turning her head slightly towards Jayden, he might catch a glint of gold where her eyes would be behind the visor. In answer to his comment on their working well together, she'd glare and simply comment, "...Perhaps." If you were trustworthy or decent in the least, that is. While they locked gazes, Artoria's expression changed slightly to surprise when his eyes seemed to change, unsure if she was just seeing things or not. Turning away, she would comment. "However, teamwork relies on more than the synergy of our magic." She desummoned her armor and Caliburn, and watched Jayden head back to his seat. She would do the same after glancing back to Neti.

Neti couldn't help but agree with Jayden's sentiment. The two of them would make an excellent team. They both fit so nicely into certain criteria. It's easy to compliment them with someone that fills in their weakness. But he wouldn't speak these thoughts of his. His job as a teacher wasn't to answer every single question they had, but to get them asking questions and looking for their own answers.

Instead, he used the time given to him by Artoria to try and find a way to incorporate today's class into their some form of assignment that would help them approach magic the correct way. Unlike most teachers, he didn't really have a real lesson plan. He chose to do his classes the way he lived his life: in the heat of the moment.

As both Jayden and Artoria began making their way back to their seats, Neti pushed himself back off of his desk so he could once again begin pacing the room.

"If there's one lesson I want each of you to walk away with today it's this: magic is complicated." he spoke in a matter of fact tone, wanting this to come off as serious rather than glib. "We could spend the next three years obsessively going over every detail about our two brave volunteers: their lives, their personalities and personal beliefs. We could dig up the records of all of their family members and ancestors for as far back as history is recorded and we may never come across the suitable answer. Why?"

As he spoke, his gaze fell onto every face of the students in his classroom, letting it linger as he worked his way through his speech. Any observant person would be able to tell that while his eyes never focused on anything, he there was a depth to them. Something inside of them, perhaps not even Neti himself, stared through them.

"It's because magic is not a science or an art form, it's more like theoretical physics. While we can ascertain certain traits and separate magic into various forms of classes, but in both the long run and the short run, the rules we create are almost simple juxtapositions between the observable and the unobserved. "

Neti made his way towards the board he had, as he was an old school teacher at heart, and began writing up the assignment on the board. "Tonight, I want you to think about any magical rule, or theory. Do some research, through books or through experiments. I want you to write a small essay, I'm not talking novel length here, about the theory or rule. Describe to me what it is and why we have it...but more importantly, I want you to think about ways to disprove it."

Once he was done writing, he turned back towards the students.

"I'll want this done within the week. The top 3 essays in the class will be rewarded extra credit, of course. You'll also get a fun little surprise. Anymore questions?"

Jayden watched Artoria as she sat down before opening up his notebook as Neti began his lecture. Jayden wrote fast and heavily detail, with several questions he came up with as he wrote down what Neti spoke about. His eyes twinkled with delight as he nods along to the lecture, clearly enjoying the thrill of exploring the mysteries of Therotical magic.

However, Jayden paused slightly as he looks at Neti's eyes. He thought he saw the blackness shift, almost as if another creature was within those black holes. However, Jayden had no time to think as Neti gave the details of the assignment for the week. HE quickly wrote down the assignment and makes a reminder to go over what they discussed in class in hte next tutoring session with Artioria. Poor clueless girl is probably lost right about now with so many complex words and subjects. He smirks as he insults Artoria in his head.

He shook his head no at Neti, already knowing what he needed to do for the assignment.

As Neti spoke, Artoria was listening intently, taking in every word he said. Several thoughts and theories were racing through her head as she was going over what the teacher had just covered. She couldn't help but mumble to herself, "So, first rule is that there are no rules?" It was just loud enough for Neti and other students near her to hear, and her tone suggested it was more a joke than anything.

As for the assignment, the young Princess wasn't sure where to start with that. Regardless, she marked it down and responded that she had no questions. She was determined to get that extra credit, if anything to spite Jayden and show she didn't need him.

Neti let the students joke and talk among themselves, and made his way close to his desk, leaning against it him outstretched palms. He grinned behind his mask, a gesture that could be seen through small details. Yes, there were some very interesting students mixed in with the first years. There was so much untapped power there, and they each required a nurturing touch to make them bloom. The prospects were exiting, not only for Neti but for his Shadow as well.

After a moment, he straightened himself up from the desk, raising a hand in the air to silence the class.

"That's our class for today, kids. Go out and relax, eat some food and have some fun. But don't forget to take some time to think about what we spoke on, and the questions we raised. Next class we'll discuss the impact that magic had on the world. The benefits and the disadvantages of its discovery, and into the changes we expect it to have on our futures. I would also advise you all to take some time and pick up a history book."

And with that, Neti fall into the floor. Vanishing into his shadow.

Jayden immediately stood up and headed towards the front of the class. He brushed against Artoria coldly as he pushes past her. As he does so, Jayden gives her a chilling sideways glance before heading towards the door. After reaching the door, he quickly heads out of the hall and towards the meeting spot he had waiting for his friends. I have some research to do later, but first I need to meet with Vincent and them for lunch. Hopefully our Lunch goes uninterupted so I get to the library.

Unfortunately (and fortunately) for him, this did not happen for his duel with Amatsu occurred soon after.

Artoria resisted the urge to punch Jayden right in his perfect jawline as he intentionally bumped her on his way out. Absolute knobhead... I swear if he keeps this up, I'm going to cripple him. She picked her bag with a huff and strolled out of the classroom, heading right for the Kenjutsu clubhouse. At least there, she could hopefully avoid Jayden. Though in her current mood, some poor club member would likely be on the receiving end of her releasing her rage.

FIN~

Back